ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
The organization allows us to be frontline decision makers to help us do what is right for Albertans. The leadership training provided by the company is very well thought out and done with intention. They are overall a great organization to work for.
horrible
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 March 2017
horrible management, the managers all leave early and take a number of days off. Too many ridiculous one on one meetings where the managers go through your calls. On average you take 60 calls a day, the managers with their confused policies want you to never take your break even a minute late so your 'adherence ' doesnt get affected, iam not sure what they want do they want us to hang up on clients while on the phone. They want you to finish calls early and also have conversations with employees
Pros
Cons
too many
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
ATB helps achieve a great work and life balance. They have great online career training and development programs available to employees. ATB is closely involved and is highly committed to contributing to community events and also values its employees.
Interesting place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
ATB gave me a great insight into the Financial industry. I worked with great people and the team work was well promoted. A large number of changes have occured over the last few months and the focus became less importanat on process oriented proejcts.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
N/A
Great Stable company to work for
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Managed a small team of junior analytics.
It was fun to come to work everyday.
Loved to travel and meet all the internal clients, hear their requests and fulfill them.
Very slow to make valuable changes.
EFT CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2017
Run by children. Not very many professional adults working here. Very much a gossip mill. To move up in the company you have to be willing to Party and drink with the rest of your team or you will be overlooked for everything else. Did not enjoy my time there.
I enjoyed working at ATB
Administrative Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
ATB is a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed working there. Lots of festivals, celebrations and community/charity work. Salary is bit lower compared to others. They offer great level of benefits. Benefits can be customized according to the needs. Work place culture is quite interesting. Its totally different environment then other typical workplaces. I loved working here.
Pros
You will never hate your job
Cons
Low salary grade.
ATB Financial
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2017
great financial institution , the team takes care of you like family and understands what your going through . the people hired are usually of diverse culture and multi lingual . this creates a fun and interesting environment for work .
Pros
understanding team
Cons
cant think of any
Fun work place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB2 January 2017
Great place to work. Learned a lot about financing, goals. Co workers are great. Getting sales are hard in these bad times. Love working with the public.
Pros
Potluck
Cons
no advancement
Very customer centric culture
Senior Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
Learn critical thinking skills, process mapping, business acumen, adaptability, effective communication skills, report writing. Must be open minded, objective, technically and digitally adept, and an early adopter of new technology. Very structured job with many touch points.
Pros
Meet lots of people, learn new things, help improve their processes.
Cons
High documentation and administration requirements.

Want to know more about ATB Financial?

Ask a question
Excellent culture and reward & recognition
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Campus / Northill Branch16 December 2016
Fantastic workplace and wonderful colleagues.
Management Team was great. Enjoyed going to work everyday!!! From the first month of being at ATB staff received gift cards for a coffee/tea at Tim Hortons. Small but powerful rewards.
Pros
Teams lunches were awarded when teams went above and beyond.
25 Years
Senior Team Lead for AP/EPM (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
Enjoyed my experience over my 25 year career. Had several different positions

Position no longer required otherwise I would still be there

Had flexibility to work from home which I implemented by going paperless allowing staff to work from home
Pros
flexible to work from home
fun work environment
Services Operational Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
ATB was a great company to start my career at.

I was able to accomplish and reach many milestones.

Great support and fun work environment.
Pros
job security
Cons
low pay
ATB Financial Awesome company to work for
SAP BI/BW/BO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2016
Career advancement , Hours flexibility , Friendly work environment , management is very professional , coworkers are very committed and very supportive
Pros
Career advancement, Hours flexibility, friendly work environment
ATB Financial
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2016
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers who needed help with their finances. I learned a lot about finances, customer service, and working with others. The company took good care of its staff and had fair wages and benefits
benefits
Cons
no overtime
Great place to work, until you reach upper management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
There is a bit of an entrepreneurial vibe in many parts of ATB, but there are also a lot of politics in many parts. I wish it were more merit-based and objective.
Summer Student
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
The company really cares for its employees. Everyone is willing to help each other out and improve the company as a whole. During my time there I did not learn as much as I had hoped to.
Every day is different
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2016
Very tight deadlines, schedule maintenance, event planning. Always busy. Great team, loved coming to work every day. However, salary is too low to live on and no work/life balance at all.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no work/life balance, salary too low to live on
Productive and positive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
Learned useful and knowledgeable skills to further advance my career. Staff very friendly and willingness to go above and beyond their work qualifications.
Pros
Great hours, Good benefits
Cons
We are frequently put in a position to make individuals angry.
Excellent experience in banking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2016
I love the customers at ATB. They are not just numbers but actual people that you get to know and respect. My co-workers are amazing people and the team here is respectable and fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATB Financial. Our community is ready to answer.