ATB Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
Going into work was always a struggle. On an average day you would take up to 60 calls. Over half of which were negative. I learned that patience is virtue. I learned that things will happen that I have no control over. I felt that the management team didn't have their employees backs. If you wanted anything it would have to be put through the union. My co workers felt the same. The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. You never knew what the day was going to hold. Smoke break was the most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours, no life work balance
Employee Benefits and Good Culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2016
The company employed an excellent Work Life Balance for the majority of the work force. This was dependent on the role you had. Their model of allowing individuals to work off site provided a great culture of allowing the individual to concentrate on thier work and to take care of their personal life.

The benefits were pretty good in the way that it was a Flexible Benefit package and a pension plan.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Table Tennis, Foosball
Cons
Senior and mid level Manager not understanding processes.
No support with other associates taking leads from you, no team work, no support within the branch
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
No team work and no support within the branch
Other associates take leads that don't belong to them
Culture is negative and you can't even talk to your associates without them complaining
Everything that I was told ATB was is not the same
You are pretty much on your own
Negative vibe in the branch
Stressful everyday to perform when associates take your own leads
ATB is not the place to be nor is it a top employer that supports their staff
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
Pros
great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons
no advancement
Great and safe work environment
ITSD Server Infrastructure Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2016
I did my internship at ATB Financial and I must admit, the company really cares a lot about their employees. Every week there would practically be a new event at ATB offering food, prizes and exercising. In terms of work, nobody works individually; there is always a team that you report to. In addition, ATB takes a lot of realistic risks to come out on top on other banks. They always try to bend the rules a bit to get the customer's attention of why banking at ATB is a special, personal experience. Although I didn't get the development experience I wanted at ATB, the company really changed my way of thinking.
Pros
safe working environment and friendly, great employee benefits
Cons
salary is low
Working experience at ATB
ONLINE/EFT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Really enjoying helping customer with their banking needs and also make banking easier for them. I learned ATB products, SAP system, and I always engage myself in continuous learning opportunities.
At ATB, we always work together as a team and help each other in a friendly manner.
The hardest part is when our customers share their personal and emotional stories over the phone. I listen to them and show empathy.
ATB is a fun place to work because we treat our customers as a true friend, listen and provide solutions to their problems.
Pros
15 mins break after every 2 an a half hour
Great work life balance with exceptional management and job culture.
Account Officer (Student Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Absolutely amazing bank to work for, with lots of room to advance. Management is very organized within the company, and most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting new opportunities I was presented with each day.
Great culture, and room to grow
Personal Banking Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2016
I started with ATB, and four months later, I had been put into a role which got the better of me, but that is no reflection of ATB. I started working in back-end processing, and was moved into retail sales, where I thought I could flourish. The training provided was outstanding, and the amount of support I received from my co-workers was excellent. There were always fun events to do, and I never had a bad day at work.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
High targets for sales staff
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
Pros
Free lunches and fun activities
Cons
Work Experience
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Pros
educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
Excellent family-like work environment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Just like working in a family business where everyone is so warm and helpful. There is a lack of experienced and knowledgeable people due to the less competitive market.
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Breton, ABMay 9, 2016
A day consists of challenging, yet satisfying work.
Excellent customer service.
Our management team is very helpful.
I have never had a better team to work with.
Not being able to do something for a customer is very difficult.
Being able to say yes to customer is what we aim for.
ATB Financial was rated 4th in the best place to work in Canada 2015/2016
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
Productive and positive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2016
Learned useful and knowledgeable skills to further advance my career. Staff very friendly and willingness to go above and beyond their work qualifications.
Pros
Great hours, Good benefits
Cons
We are frequently put in a position to make individuals angry.
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Excellent experience in banking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 8, 2016
I love the customers at ATB. They are not just numbers but actual people that you get to know and respect. My co-workers are amazing people and the team here is respectable and fun.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Love my job, lots of great things to look forward to, but find it hard to move up the ranks due to certain branch politics or management playing "favorites". All around great place to have a career in the financial industry. ATB has a great corporate culture and does numerous charitable/community events
Pros
amazing employee benefits, staff parties, work/life balance, enjoyable environment
Cons
harder to advance, more competitive than actually being promoted on your individual performance
9-5 job in a decent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaOctober 13, 2015
Decent job. Very consistent and regular. Ease to build a schedule around. Could get tedious at times. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed and grow. Started to feel gross knowing that part of my income was coming from people who were crippled by debt. It was hard working for an organization that is build around getting people to take money even if they couldn't necessarily afford it. Not specific to ATB, just to bank jobs in general.
Pros
Consistent work (hours, payment, tasks)
Cons
could be tedious or menial