ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Great and safe work environment
ITSD Server Infrastructure Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
I did my internship at ATB Financial and I must admit, the company really cares a lot about their employees. Every week there would practically be a new event at ATB offering food, prizes and exercising. In terms of work, nobody works individually; there is always a team that you report to. In addition, ATB takes a lot of realistic risks to come out on top on other banks. They always try to bend the rules a bit to get the customer's attention of why banking at ATB is a special, personal experience. Although I didn't get the development experience I wanted at ATB, the company really changed my way of thinking.
Pros
safe working environment and friendly, great employee benefits
Cons
salary is low
Great culture, and room to grow
Personal Banking Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2016
I started with ATB, and four months later, I had been put into a role which got the better of me, but that is no reflection of ATB. I started working in back-end processing, and was moved into retail sales, where I thought I could flourish. The training provided was outstanding, and the amount of support I received from my co-workers was excellent. There were always fun events to do, and I never had a bad day at work.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
High targets for sales staff
Every day is different
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2016
Very tight deadlines, schedule maintenance, event planning. Always busy. Great team, loved coming to work every day. However, salary is too low to live on and no work/life balance at all.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no work/life balance, salary too low to live on
Productive and positive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
Learned useful and knowledgeable skills to further advance my career. Staff very friendly and willingness to go above and beyond their work qualifications.
Pros
Great hours, Good benefits
Cons
We are frequently put in a position to make individuals angry.
ATB Financial
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2016
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers who needed help with their finances. I learned a lot about finances, customer service, and working with others. The company took good care of its staff and had fair wages and benefits
benefits
Cons
no overtime
Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2016
Going into work was always a struggle. On an average day you would take up to 60 calls. Over half of which were negative. I learned that patience is virtue. I learned that things will happen that I have no control over. I felt that the management team didn't have their employees backs. If you wanted anything it would have to be put through the union. My co workers felt the same. The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. You never knew what the day was going to hold. Smoke break was the most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours, no life work balance
Employee Benefits and Good Culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta25 February 2016
The company employed an excellent Work Life Balance for the majority of the work force. This was dependent on the role you had. Their model of allowing individuals to work off site provided a great culture of allowing the individual to concentrate on thier work and to take care of their personal life.

The benefits were pretty good in the way that it was a Flexible Benefit package and a pension plan.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Table Tennis, Foosball
Cons
Senior and mid level Manager not understanding processes.
THE place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2016
ATB is a very good company to work for. Good benefits and career progression opportunities. Management is flexible and working hours are good.
ATB Financial Awesome company to work for
SAP BI/BW/BO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2016
Career advancement , Hours flexibility , Friendly work environment , management is very professional , coworkers are very committed and very supportive
Pros
Career advancement, Hours flexibility, friendly work environment
25 Years
Senior Team Lead for AP/EPM (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
Enjoyed my experience over my 25 year career. Had several different positions

Position no longer required otherwise I would still be there

Had flexibility to work from home which I implemented by going paperless allowing staff to work from home
Pros
flexible to work from home
Cons
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
Pros
great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons
no advancement
fun work environment
Services Operational Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
ATB was a great company to start my career at.

I was able to accomplish and reach many milestones.

Great support and fun work environment.
Pros
job security
Cons
low pay
Working experience at ATB
ONLINE/EFT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2016
Really enjoying helping customer with their banking needs and also make banking easier for them. I learned ATB products, SAP system, and I always engage myself in continuous learning opportunities.
At ATB, we always work together as a team and help each other in a friendly manner.
The hardest part is when our customers share their personal and emotional stories over the phone. I listen to them and show empathy.
ATB is a fun place to work because we treat our customers as a true friend, listen and provide solutions to their problems.
Pros
15 mins break after every 2 an a half hour
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Great place to work, until you reach upper management
Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2016
There is a bit of an entrepreneurial vibe in many parts of ATB, but there are also a lot of politics in many parts. I wish it were more merit-based and objective.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Pros
educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Breton, AB9 May 2016
A day consists of challenging, yet satisfying work.
Excellent customer service.
Our management team is very helpful.
I have never had a better team to work with.
Not being able to do something for a customer is very difficult.
Being able to say yes to customer is what we aim for.
ATB Financial was rated 4th in the best place to work in Canada 2015/2016
ESB Integration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
had typical day at the time of core go-live but we enjoyed it. Learned lots of SAP Banking system.management is pretty support for work life balance.
Summer Student
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
The company really cares for its employees. Everyone is willing to help each other out and improve the company as a whole. During my time there I did not learn as much as I had hoped to.