ATB Financial

ATB Financial Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard working teams
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Learning is non stop and hands on
- very busy and demanding days
- team and individual input is welcomed
- Co-workers were great people and worked very hard during SAP conversion and after conversion
- Many changes transpiring within the organization and restructuring is still happening in the operations area- jobs being eliminated
- Many of the good executive team are gone and moved onto other organizations or jobs as well as some of the other managers - position eliminated - many with good knowledge and expertise are gone
- Pay was good considering the number of hours and additional hours one performed daily
- Fun events held within units and good benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 23, 2015
Great high level management with a great vision and strategy.
ATB Financial is "the bank of choice" for Albertans.
Great place to work too.
Friendly work environment
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
ATB has a employee friendly environment with minimal supervision. Everyone is contributing into the progress of ATB and responsible of their work.
ATB is a great place to work.
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
ATB has a great culture and a great work environment. The banking industry is also a fantastic way to learn about complex accounting.
Excellent Job Culture and Freedom to take decision and less Supervision
BI Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2015
Here we have freedom to explore new ideas and more reliable on people and culture. Co-workers are very friendly and lot of work from home culture.

Work balance
Benefits and perks
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: amazing employee benefits, staff parties, work/life balance, enjoyable environment
Cons: harder to advance, more competitive than actually being promoted on your individual performance
Love my job, lots of great things to look forward to, but find it hard to move up the ranks due to certain branch politics or management playing "favorites". All around great place to have a career in the financial industry. ATB has a great corporate culture and does numerous charitable/community events
Communucation
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2015
While working in the call center i found there was little communication between upper management and higher bosses. The team leads and leaders within the call center were great with communication.
Great benefits but ended up being too sales driven
Customer Service Advisor & Online Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay.
Cons: higher management puts too much pressure on lower staff for sales
Working at ATB was very enjoyable especially at the start, but then the management started to be too sales driven - they began to try and force us to get referrals when people called in to check their balance etc. This really put me off and reminded me that I worked for a bank who valued profits over everything else - (i think all banks are like this to be fair). But in my opinion this isn't a good way to improve customer service, or raise profits - it just annoyed our clientele, especially the ones who were better able to read between the lines. There was only some investment products I believed were good for the our customers, I didn't want to have to persuade people to get in more debt! But if you're the kind of person that doesn't mind this then its rosy! Lower ranked managers of the call centre were great people that treated staff very well. Benefits are amazing and once you are in it's quite easy to climb the ladder up to a point e.g. to (40k-45k or more) - a few steps up from general call centre worker. Once you get there in most positions there is less pressure to sell. ATB are very loyal and good to their staff if you tow the line. You can trade some benefits in even to get more holiday, I managed to get 3 weeks off each year plus the plethora of provincial/national holidays off too with option to work them at double time and a half!!
Remote access employee with little or no travel requirements.
ONLINE CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST - REMOTE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: remote access
Inbound call centre. Assist internal and external customers with their financial and online needs. Provide support to other departments.
Great Place to work, I had a tough time leaving
Team Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
I lead a team of individuals that did internal account reconciliation. I loved the challenge of the job
Extremely Busy
Loans Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaOctober 21, 2014
Great type of work
Busy
Great Experience
Co-worker were great
Enjoyed the experience
good
Java Developer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
excellent.
good Job Work/Life Balance

Good job culture and preferred to work here.
Fun place to work
Card Services Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2014
Schedule was flexible and the benefits were great.
High individual and team goals.
Review
Personal Banking Specialist Level (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Very Good Place to work
Great Benefits
Great Culture
All over Alberta
Very productive work place
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Valleyview, AbSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks and good benifit package
Cons: ok
I worked from 8 hour a day 5 days a week
I learned computer skills and was sent on courses
Management was ok
the co worker where fun to work with.(Most of them)
The hardest part about this job was getting the paper work done
The most enjoyable part of my job was I got to meet new people and got some experience from this position
Nice place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Barrhead, ABSeptember 6, 2014
very busy with customer transaction and opportunity to grow business

very sales driven

managerment and co-worker depened on the branch you are working for

difficult customers and sales driven focus

working with the CSR to achieve there goals
Summer Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2014
Amazing job culture. Every employee was motivated and worked hard to achieve the best. I learnt the importance of a team and how crucial it is to work together. Also, how important the relationships you make with your co-workers and customers is.
Good workplace
Personal Banking Specialist (Current Employee), calgary, abSeptember 2, 2014
Great workplace, good life and work balance. I have learnt the best Customer service skills being in retail banking.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Viking, ABJuly 3, 2014
Pros: lunch once a month
Really enjoyed working for ATB Financial until they started pushing their front end CSR's to sell/sell/sell
A fun place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), CanadaJuly 3, 2014
A very friendly work place with competitive compensation and good benefits.

1 2 3 4

About ATB Financial

ATB Financial ("ATB") is a full-service financial institution headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. ATB is the – Read more