ATB Financial

ATB Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons: no advancement
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
Positive and friendly work environment.
Experience Support Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff and work environment
Positive and friendly work environment.
Great environment to learn and develop my interaction skills with staff and customers while maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude.
The company provided excellent opportunities to help various charitable organizations throughout the community.
Great company with a clear vision & great employee benefits
Personal banking specialist (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 1, 2015
Know where they want their company to be & how to achieve their goals.
Great employee benefits- wish salary was more than what it is.
Room for advancement in small towns is limited.
Can be stressful if you are not meeting your targets- ATB gives you support to try achieve your goals.
Fun work place. Lots of diversity and great people
CSR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
Typical day at work would be processing transactions, dealing with customers, guiding them into the best banking decisions for them. I learned people skills, Learned how to make great sales and how to have fun at work! Management was Ok. Seemed unfair at times but overall it was ok. My co-workers were the best couldn't have asked for a better CSR team. Hardest part of the job was to make no mistakes. AT ALL. Most enjoyable was working with all different types of people and working with our CSR team made work even better!
Challenging and rewarding environment
CS Specialist - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee), Taber, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits and happy work climate
Cons: N/A
This was a part time position, and was a great time to learn and grow within the company.
I have worked both for the Customer Contact Center as well as in branch for this financial institution.
It was a very supportive and encouraging climate.
I received several awards complimenting my work ethic and my humor from team members.
From this position I was promoted to full time.
Associate Director (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2015
Good place to work. Being here for almost 7 years proves that.
Inclusive culture and flexible schedules help with work life balance
Company lets you create your own career path
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2015
company let's you create your own career path whether it be in the retail financial services or another department; Executive Management has a very "young" and "vibrant" leadership style that promotes empowerment rather than limiting "policies"
Great bunch of people to work along side
Full time CMS Processor Business & Agriculture (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: Commute was easy and the hours were great
This was a one year contract which was shut down early. The work was very intense and I learned a great deal. A great team of people.
Fun Place to work
Retail loan Renewal and Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
I enjoy the quietness of my department. and the flexibility to work on your own. I feel supported by my manager and the flexible hours and work from home ability it nice.
fun place to work
Customer service specialist (CSS) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Everyone's very friendly and fun to work with. Then again it depends on which location you are working in. There is a lot of communication required to work this job. Overall it was a good experience.
Hard working teams
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Learning is non stop and hands on
- very busy and demanding days
- team and individual input is welcomed
- Co-workers were great people and worked very hard during SAP conversion and after conversion
- Many changes transpiring within the organization and restructuring is still happening in the operations area- jobs being eliminated
- Many of the good executive team are gone and moved onto other organizations or jobs as well as some of the other managers - position eliminated - many with good knowledge and expertise are gone
- Pay was good considering the number of hours and additional hours one performed daily
- Fun events held within units and good benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 23, 2015
Great high level management with a great vision and strategy.
ATB Financial is "the bank of choice" for Albertans.
Great place to work too.
Friendly work environment
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2015
ATB has a employee friendly environment with minimal supervision. Everyone is contributing into the progress of ATB and responsible of their work.
ATB is a great place to work.
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
ATB has a great culture and a great work environment. The banking industry is also a fantastic way to learn about complex accounting.
Excellent Job Culture and Freedom to take decision and less Supervision
BI Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2015
Here we have freedom to explore new ideas and more reliable on people and culture. Co-workers are very friendly and lot of work from home culture.

Work balance
Benefits and perks
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: amazing employee benefits, staff parties, work/life balance, enjoyable environment
Cons: harder to advance, more competitive than actually being promoted on your individual performance
Love my job, lots of great things to look forward to, but find it hard to move up the ranks due to certain branch politics or management playing "favorites". All around great place to have a career in the financial industry. ATB has a great corporate culture and does numerous charitable/community events
Communucation
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2015
While working in the call center i found there was little communication between upper management and higher bosses. The team leads and leaders within the call center were great with communication.
Great benefits but ended up being too sales driven
Customer Service Advisor & Online Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay.
Cons: higher management puts too much pressure on lower staff for sales
Working at ATB was very enjoyable especially at the start, but then the management started to be too sales driven - they began to try and force us to get referrals when people called in to check their balance etc. This really put me off and reminded me that I worked for a bank who valued profits over everything else - (i think all banks are like this to be fair). But in my opinion this isn't a good way to improve customer service, or raise profits - it just annoyed our clientele, especially the ones who were better able to read between the lines. There was only some investment products I believed – more... were good for the our customers, I didn't want to have to persuade people to get in more debt! But if you're the kind of person that doesn't mind this then its rosy! Lower ranked managers of the call centre were great people that treated staff very well. Benefits are amazing and once you are in it's quite easy to climb the ladder up to a point e.g. to (40k-45k or more) - a few steps up from general call centre worker. Once you get there in most positions there is less pressure to sell. ATB are very loyal and good to their staff if you tow the line. You can trade some benefits in even to get more holiday, I managed to get 3 weeks off each year plus the plethora of provincial/national holidays off too with option to work them at double time and a half!! – less
Remote access employee with little or no travel requirements.
ONLINE CUSTOMER CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST - REMOTE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: remote access
Inbound call centre. Assist internal and external customers with their financial and online needs. Provide support to other departments.
Great Place to work, I had a tough time leaving
Team Lead (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
I lead a team of individuals that did internal account reconciliation. I loved the challenge of the job

1 2 3 4

About ATB Financial

ATB Financial ("ATB") is a full-service financial institution headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. ATB is the – Read more