ATB Financial

ATB Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co-workers, very poor salary no advancement
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Peace riverMarch 14, 2014
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: low salary, no advancement and huge work load
overall not a bad place to work, salary is very poor for the amount of work that you do and lack of leadership in most cases. co worker were amazing and clients as well. They always tell you there is lots of room to advance but that is only if you live in the bigger centers like calgary or edmonton.Very driven company with clear goals
Its a okay place to work
Lending Officer (Current Employee), calgaryFebruary 26, 2014
No place for movement
pays is not the greatest
new building is great tho
Great company with room for growth and advancement
Customer Service Specalist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits, unionized, multiple options for advancement
Cons: poor scheduling
Typical day at work involves processing transactions for customers, setting up appointments for personal bankers and selling banking products to new and existing customers. You learn the ins and outs or basic banking as well as have the opportunity to learn advanced skills to further your employment and/or better your service to your customers.
Mickey Mouse Managers
Head Office (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: poorly skilled managers
Although ATB has improved it's marketing presence considerably to be seen as a forward thinking, innovative and remarkable company - those who have worked for them understand that it is a quite unremarkable place to be for anyone who considers themselves to be a professional.

The best part of the day is lunch. ATB has a strong commitment to the community – more... which is impressive but could afford to place some of their profits into better salaries and training of management.

The location is good as you are outside of the downtown core and is accessible. If you have a family to support or value your job, I would reconsider your application to this organization. – less
Helping clients create their dream homes
Customer Service Representative (part-time) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
Clients come into the design center and pick their selections to make their house their home.
Gym
Senior Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2013
Pros: moved into a new buiding giving us great amenities such as a gym..
Cons: atb converted over to a new computer system sept 2011, challenge..
I started with ATB in 1980 working in various branches and then working in the Data Centre for a couple of years and then transferring to ATB Central Services starting there in 2000. A typical day would be very busy whereby the passé to complete the work would have to be fast. I enjoyed by position very much due to that it was interesting and never – more... boring. There were always exciting challenges everyday and kept me focused on the task at hand. It was fun working with all the associates and the associates in all the branches, I got to know a lot of people and became friends through out the years. There is always exciting things to do and there is a lot of fund raising for many causes which is great. Everyone that I had the pleasure of working with over the years was great not that there weren't some challenges. Management was best of all, always there to help you out and provide support when ever needed. The hardest part of my job was getting up at 5:00 am other than that I enjoyed it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work, I really like doing the position I had and I will miss it. – less
Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2013
A newly developed role in the strategy group, developing and implementing sales strategy plans, focusing on strengthening the productivity and profitability for Retail Financial Services line of business by building sales skills with the branches/markets. Establishing goals and coaching using the performance planning process. Act as a liaison between – more... the markets, branch networks and supporting corporate departments providing sales and service expertise. Directly accountable for enhancing business results for designate market area by building sales skills/capability across the sales field. – less
A productive and supportive corporation that is committed to each individual employee's success.
Senior Manager Process Improvement (Current Employee), Calgary Alberta, Victoria, BCNovember 2, 2013
Pros: life work balance, remote work, flexible hours of work
Cons: too many projects, not enough resources.
A competetive work place that encourages it's employees and leaders to think and act strategically to develop and implement innovations for business success.
Each person is given the tools they need to be motivated and engaged.
As a leader I was able to provide my teams with tangible development plans and opportunities to initiate and deliver projects – more... and process improvements that added to their engagement and allowed them to be successful in their own right.
Employee recognition programs were implemented to highlight those achievements and to give credit to those that may otherwise go unnoticed. – less
Overall good people to work with
Lead Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment, good work/life balance when required
Cons: poor management feedback & job security
Overall the company had good people to work with, everyone was working towards common goals and tried to help each other out as much as possible.

A typical day at work was replying to emails, discussing projects, and meetings of various types.

I learnt a great deal about vendor management, supplier relationship management, and networking both external – more... & internal.

My coworkers were amazing and I could always rely on them, whereas management was not very visible as part of my job and didn't provide quality feedback. – less
ATB Financial
SAP and Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: supportive environment
Excellent fast paced environment to work in. Project management office is well established and mature
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaSeptember 20, 2013
Oversee the operations of ATB Financial. Provide branches a second line of contact prior to audits.
good place to work
ASP.NET Developer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Good place to learn new technologies.Good place to learn new technologies.Good place to learn new technologies.
very unprofessional
Loan Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2013
Pros: get lunches from dealerships every month
Cons: not a friendly environment
I have learnt to always do your best no matter what people have to say about it. If you know what you're doing is right according to what your manager had told you, then don't listen to anyone.
some of the co-workers were very nice, polite and friendly, and some were just not on the great side of the spectrum.
the hardest part of the job was being un – more... pressure to finish so much logging before leaving work. – less
Best place to work;
Risk Management Specialist I (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2013
Pros: gym, parking, taxi fares
Cons: late night shift
Helpful team
best manager
flexible schedule
best learning opportunity
cultural ethics
Growing quickly, new systems,
Operations Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 31, 2013
Pros: bank
Cons: system changes
Going through change management from a system standpoint
Detection controls less on prevention
Poor management
FA (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 22, 2013
Pros: great vision
Cons: poor management and upper management issues
Manager was a bean counter and had no idea how to motivate and deal with sales people. He had no idea how the technology worked when reviewing performance with you , was always late and just a miserable person to be around. He usually coaches you how to answer employee engagement surveys to boost his performance. Culture and morale was deteriorating – more... prior my departure. Too bad his bosses couldn't see how his tenure had brought morale down. – less
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: flying benefits
Cons: low wages
Great people, interesting work. Very relaxed environment.
Great employer
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
All was good until they decided to change banking software and it went down hill.
It is a fun place to work and I just love my customers, there is nothing like making a cranky customer happy and even laugh and thank you.
CSR (Former Employee), Mayerthorpe, ABMay 6, 2013
Cons: longer business hours, leave no time to socialize with co-workers, as well as running short staffed.
I am currently working part time and will be looking at finding full time employment. I spend my day serving customers and filling their needs. I also periodically preview my customers profile to see there is anything that we can do help save them money and to see if there are any other services that would benefit them.

With ATB I learned that excellent – more... customer service is key. I don't feel that ATB doesn't train the new employees about how important that customer service is. I see that with most new employees customer service is lacking and wish that upper management would provide the training that I had when I first started. I love working with a team and its great when we can reach goals as a team.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes. Wish there was a better way to keep up to date, maybe more meetings going over major changes. We have longer hours that we are open to the public and there just isn't any time to have group meetings where we can throw ideas around.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers and getting to know them personally and have them thank me for selling them a service that they didn't even know about but if would help them and save them money or make money. – less
Great company
Retail Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2013
I enjoyed working with ATB because it challenged me with different credit scenarios everyday.

1 2 3

About ATB Financial

ATB Financial ("ATB") is a full-service financial institution headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. ATB is the – Read more