ATB Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Breton, ABMay 9, 2016
A day consists of challenging, yet satisfying work.
Excellent customer service.
Our management team is very helpful.
I have never had a better team to work with.
Not being able to do something for a customer is very difficult.
Being able to say yes to customer is what we aim for.
ATB Financial was rated 4th in the best place to work in Canada 2015/2016
Company community . objective work were you live
Personal Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2016
Pros: community focused
Cons: work overtime
Management, control person.
difficult to work with.
Co-workers friendly, Customer focused company
Hardest part of my job was turning clients down
THE place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
ATB is a very good company to work for. Good benefits and career progression opportunities. Management is flexible and working hours are good.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 20, 2016
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Long hours
ATB Financial has taught me how to make the most of every client opportunity and have the clients best interest at the forefront of my thoughts. Exceeding client expectations is what we do every single day.
ESB Integration Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 10, 2016
had typical day at the time of core go-live but we enjoyed it. Learned lots of SAP Banking system.management is pretty support for work life balance.
Creating Happiness
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: Autonomy
Managing a dynamic, interesting, and involving workplace. The work included many community engagement events raising the profile of ATB Financial in the community.
Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: long hours, no life work balance
Going into work was always a struggle. On an average day you would take up to 60 calls. Over half of which were negative. I learned that patience is virtue. I learned that things will happen that I have no control over. I felt that the management team didn't have their employees backs. If you wanted anything it would have to be put through the union. My co workers felt the same. The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. You never knew what the day was going to hold. Smoke break was the most enjoyable part of my day.
Great work life balance with exceptional management and job culture.
Account Officer (Student Internship) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Absolutely amazing bank to work for, with lots of room to advance. Management is very organized within the company, and most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting new opportunities I was presented with each day.
Great Team to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 7, 2016
Great team to work with, just not interested in banking. Day to day activities included client transactions ex: deposits, withdrawal, transfers, and guiding customers with finances.
Employee Benefits and Good Culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Work Life Balance, Table Tennis, Foosball
Cons: Senior and mid level Manager not understanding processes.
The company employed an excellent Work Life Balance for the majority of the work force. This was dependent on the role you had. Their model of allowing individuals to work off site provided a great culture of allowing the individual to concentrate on thier work and to take care of their personal life.

The benefits were pretty good in the way that it was a Flexible Benefit package and a pension plan.
No support with other associates taking leads from you, no team work, no support within the branch
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
No team work and no support within the branch
Other associates take leads that don't belong to them
Culture is negative and you can't even talk to your associates without them complaining
Everything that I was told ATB was is not the same
You are pretty much on your own
Negative vibe in the branch
Stressful everyday to perform when associates take your own leads
ATB is not the place to be nor is it a top employer that supports their staff
Excellent family-like work environment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Just like working in a family business where everyone is so warm and helpful. There is a lack of experienced and knowledgeable people due to the less competitive market.
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Good Income
Cons: Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great leadership
Cons: not enough pay
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and fun activities
Cons: Work Experience
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thorsby, ABNovember 16, 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Story Team Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
ATB was a wonderful place to work. Amazing flexibility and work life balance and was able to partake in some very rewarding projects