ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Average Joe
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2017
like any other FI, comparatively like RBC( they are all average Joe, nothing exciting. Ridiculous benefits, No management support, Keep increasing goals every year with no real benefits
Pros
I wish
Cons
Management worry about their bottomline
Rewarding job experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
Good people and a quality support structure. Various opportunities for advancement and shadow programs to learn new roles. I valued my time at ATB as a learning experience.
Very positive work environment
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Everyone in the IT dept are very easy to work with. The execs care for their employees.
Working from home is an option. I work from home 70% of the time. The days I go into the office is mostly a fun place to work.
Great Management great company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2017
Good Company... they really do take care of the employee.. work/life balance. Only lots of hours and sometime on your own time without pay.. would recommend anytime
Pros
Great company
ATB Financial
General Ledger Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
It is a great place to work with a good work life balance.

I handled the role of a General accounting Analyst - Planning for 2016 Budgets - Preparing forecasts.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Is not uptodate with Technology
Productive fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2017
Communicated on a daily basis with customers, team leader, and different levels of management.
Completed a 2-day leadership workshop.
Management provided valuable feedback for development and advancement.
good place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2017
ATB Financial offers fair wage and benefits. Their core values and ambition to help their clients is great. Continuously looking to improve the technological advances.
good company
Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2017
ATB Financial provides lots of opportunities to progress in your career. The pay is reasonable depending on the position. Offers great benefits and bonus structure.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
only in Alberta
Atb
Personal Banking Specialist LVL (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2017
ATB is like a family and has excellent values. The culture is amazing as well as the staff. The hardest part is the push to sell under the guise of creating happiness. I loved helping people obtain their goals.
Retail Banking
Personal Relationship Manager-Cash Proficient (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB19 September 2017
While employed there I was happy in my role. There seemed to be many changes that occured in my five years but thats how it is when employed with a innovative company
Not a great place to work any more
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2017
ATB used to be a great place to work, but when they brought in new upper management, the old culture that they had, left and it was all about making money and not the customer. If you are looking for a high pressure sales organization, with very little reward, then ATB is for you. They did pay quite well, but when it came to bonuses, they found every way possible NOT to pay you.
A typical day with ATB, is a lot of phone calls, and your best customer is always your next customer. Although they do preach about building string customer relationships, the reality is they only care about the next sale.
Management only cares about making money, that trickles down from the CEO down to branch managers. They area great working class type, that really benefits from a banker that can give good advice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The company does not care about it's employees
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Great compnay to owrk for.

Some Senior managment tend to ruin the environment.

Loved my positon and was planning on retiring with them.

Would go back under different management.
Pros
Free courses, fun at work, work life balance, challenging environment
Cons
Over powering Management
Salary is above average for industry, culture is negative and abusive
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 July 2017
I worked at ATB for 5 years, Personal Banking Specialist, no support when training is requested, expected to do the job of 2 to 3 people without support and expected to be continuously interrupted and expected to perform with zero mistakes. Corporate is disillusioned when it comes to branch life. Highly demanding customers and management. Targets are impossible to reach.

CEO will hold your bonus hostage until enough people make noise.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
I love working for ATB - they are flexible, fun, and encourage advancement. They also have an amazing benefits package. Definitely a great company to work for - they look after their staff and staff is amazing.
Good training for career and personal development
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
The company cares about its employees' career and personal development. The leaders take the time to discuss the opportunity to discuss opportunities to advance skills and knowledge through currently available training.
Great workplace for people who are driven to achieve more
People & Culture - Learning Partner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2017
ATB is a great place to work, amazing culture and inspiring leaders.
With the higher positions, you work long hours and your job is very demanding (I think this comes with any leading position)
Great company to work for
Pros
great culture, workplace 2.0, google suite
Cons
Fun and rewarding place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 June 2017
I held different positions during my time with ATB.
I dealt with customers every day. I did deposits, balanced cash, learned about our products (credit cards/gic's/investments, etc)
I started out in the call center working from my home.
I then worked in branch in two locations.
I worked the business wicket, and became the head cashier when I transferred to the second location.
I was responsible for ordering the cash, loading the ATM machines, choosing the agenda for staff meetings, and preparing cash orders for several business clients daily.
Pros
Excellent work hours, nice wage, benefits and bonusses.
Cons
Standing on my feet in one position most of the day.
Sr Analyst
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2017
Cubicle environment.
Friendly people to work with.
Very well organized learning programs and training.
Fascinated with the banking sector.
Pay mediocre.
Lovely bank to work for
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2017
ATB doesn't fall short of its reputation of winning the best 50 employers of Alberta for the past few years. Reasonable sales pressure, target is manageable and the management genuinely cares about your personal development.
Pros
stability
Cons
earning protential
Friendly associates who care about clients
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
Taking care of client needs for small business loans and deposits, as well as other services related to operating a business.
Learned that "bankers hours" is a term that must have been created by a non-banker. Long extra hours required to complete the role and to be even moderately successful towards reaching required goals
Went through several management changes and found personally believe that the "family culture" does not exist anymore. Associates are being treated as "a commodity". Personally it feels like job security has changed for associates. Job security does not seem to be there anymore. Training and advancement is separate (from job security) and is provided.
Hardest part of the job was the extra time required to be successful.
Most enjoyable part of the job was visiting with clients and hearing their stories and dreams and being able to provide them with assistance and guidance in obtaining same.
Pros
Networking with clients at event, Seeing the satisfaction of clients when you have successfully assisted with their needs, The providing of training and getting promoted.
Cons
Extra long hours needed to conplete the role, Feeling that they are not as "family oriented" towards associates as was in previous years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATB Financial. Our community is ready to answer.