At Home Healthcare Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
The best year of my life!
Baby Sitter (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONJune 8, 2015
Working at my Grandmothers at home Daycare was one of the most fulfilling things I've done with my life. I spent a year teaching a young girl with autism how to read, use sign language, and she even could say some short words by the end of the winter!
Pros
Working with kids all ages, Comfortable setting
Cons
N/A
Rpn (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ontarioOctober 8, 2014
I got hired and did all the 3 days of training. I spoke to the supervisor and said I still wasn't quite comfortable going alone so can I have one shift where I can shadow someone. I was told that wasn't an option and the job wasn't hard. So i waited for a call as to when I could work. i wasn't receiving calls to work so I decided to call and inquire why I wasn't called for any shifts. The supervisor said she somehow lost my file. I was told I had to gather all my info again. Meaning, my references, resume redo the interview questions and get another police check. AND they weren't going to reimburse me for a second police check. That being said I kindly passed on the job offer. A joke company if you ask me.
Really fun.
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 20, 2013
This was a job I did in my home watching a few children of a lady wanting to go back to school for a semester. I knew from the beginning the semester would be from February to April. Mostly I would play with the children and feed them we would watch movies, do crafts and go to the park. One child had to go down for a nap daily and her one brother went for a nap if he was being difficult or grumpy.
Pros
getting to hang out with well behaved children.
Cons
it ended to soon.
independant worker
At Home Hospice (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 8, 2012
Very friendly staff on the phones, private owned company in assoc with ccac.
Pros
independance
Cons
lower pay scale