Asurion

Asurion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You are family
Mentor (Current Employee), Moncton, NBApril 6, 2014
When you work here you are treated like family. The team atmosphere is beyond my expectations!
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2014
Pros: management, support, atmosphere
Cons: low starting salary
Asurion is a great company to work for, and the support from management and peers is fantastic. There is definitely welcomed room to move within the company, which is great, the only downside is the starting salary.
Asurion
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 11, 2014
This is my ideal work setting, working in call centres but edmonton doesn't have many. I had to leave as my husband couldn't find work in New brunswick, so we had to relocate back to Alberta.
Fun and relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton NBMarch 11, 2014
Pros: attendance policy
Cons: free coffee!
Great place to work if you are a positive and outgoing person. Benefit package is perfect for someone just starting out. Easy to make friends the place is filled with happy people with good personalities.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 13, 2013
As a Customer Service Representative , assisted clients with their insurance claims with their cell phones.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
TO provide Road Side assistance for AT&T customers I learned very good communication skills and to work faster with computer and just in general questions learned how to take control of situation and to calm customers down who may be upset. Co workers all were very nice worked hard. Hsrdest part of job was some escalated calls would be lengthy.
its a great place to work
Customer Service Rep, I (Former Employee), moncton n.b.September 3, 2012
Pros: free coffee and great staff
Cons: can be very stressful at times
I had worked there for 4 and a half years and loved it if it was not for the sudden passing of my father i would most likely still be working there
Nice place to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 27, 2012
Pros: knowing to helped a customer out
Cons: every call center has a few cons
People were great to work for. I met a lot of people over time, Management were there to help you out when you needed it.
productive, fast pace environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAApril 11, 2014
Pros: sit down work; work 3-4 consecutive days; no mandatory overtime; incentive bonuses; lunch vendors
Cons: no structured raises (merit increases annually)
A day at Asurion usually depends on the work load. Work is production based. Days with less work are undoubtedly easier while days where work loads are high it can become overwhelmingly stressful. Management tends to throw new operations to supervisors and leads basically hoping it's going to work and technicians and engineers tend to lack in communication – more... but my observation is from a warehouse associates point of view. However i will say it's not common for management and the people implementing these ideas to actually test them. Every idea is calculated and based on tact times to decide rates, and 9 times out of are 10 inaccurate.

The actual work operations are very easy and the base pay is nice. especially for those stepping into the work field for the first time. Many diverse people from different countries make for an exciting workplace. I almost forgot to mention that you sit down all day. – less
Not a career position
Customer Care- Directv Tech Suppoet (Current Employee), Nashville - work at homeApril 10, 2014
Pros: legitimate work at home position, free directv, affordable health care
Cons: micromanagement, low pay, work load, stressful
It's a popularity contest from the time you get your employment offer letter. Expect to be stringently micromanaged and expected to like it. If you question anything beyond just clarification, you'll be blacklisted. That's no exaggeration.

Before starting with the work at home program, you'll need to prepare to get a notary to virtually notarize your – more... W9. That was a struggle for me. Others may have not had that experience. It was hard to convince my clerks office I wasn't trying to scam them.

Although Directv tech support is what you are offered, you'll be sales (aggressive sales), tech support, billing, and service call scheduling. Asurion is primarily an insurance/warranty company so you'll be expected to pitch and sale warranty plans through each and every call.

You'll get 4 weeks of classroom training and 2 weeks of nesting, but trust me when I say that even with a background in networking and electronics, I had issues keeping up and feeling comfortable with taking calls. There's a lot of material. A lot of people from my class had Directv in their homes already and did well out of familiarity with the setup, but I didn't start off with that luxury.

All-in-all, you will be expected to sell 10 warranties per month, have an AHT of 735 seconds, have an absenteeism percentage of less than 7% per month, and you'll use multiple programs in your VPN so a fast cable or DSL connection is required, as well as a land line phone without caller id, *69, call waiting, or voicemail. – less
Good job if your aren't working for the call center.
Mobile Tech Support (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 9, 2014
Cons: advancement and job security
Environment wasn't professional at all. Very fast pace and hectic. Management didn't really prep you for advancement because once they got to supervisor there advancement was pretty much up. The pay was 14.50 an hour but you worked on most holidays. The most enjoyable part about my job was when they bought catered food for us which was at least 2 to – more... 3 times a month. – less
Great working environment with excellent management
Human Resources, Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 3, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: temporary position
I have been working as a temp for the past 10 months at Asurion in the Human Resources Department. It has been an excellent experience and have loved every day there.
it was a fun place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORMarch 31, 2014
handled phone calls with directv customers and worked with the customers using a computer walking them step by step on what to do .
Fun and Relaxed
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2014
Asurion is more like going to hangout with your friends than work some days. Everyone is very friendly and it makes a very relaxed and enjoyable work day. The management team really cares and invests their time in the employees. The customers are sometimes the hardest part of the job because you encounter so many personalities but at the end of the – more... day if you help resolve their issue it is a really enjoyable experience. – less
A typical day at work
Premiere Solution Support for Verizon Wireless (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2014
Come in on time, SMILE, do your best and hope that someone will notice your dedication to succeed.
Tecnical Support Department
Remote Tech. Support (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2014
Logging into 12 proprietary software.
Android, iOS5,6,and 7, BlackBerry, and Windows 8 Platforms.
Management is non Technically Certified, having non technical management is a big issue.
Many 95% non computer Certified co-works.
Providing technically education to Management and co-workers while not in my job scope.
Being able to fix all smartphone, – more... router, and micro-cell issues. – less
productive strong place to work,with ping pong tables
Technician Repair (Former Employee), Nashville TN26March 20, 2014
Pros: being able to get longer lunch breaks
Cons: more pto needed
Very easy job! I don't have any complaints about this place. The management is great. Everyone works together to help each other out. Being able to advance in the company is definitely possible as long as you work hard at it.
A lot of travel
Regional Accont Manager/ Bilingual (Former Employee), Florida/GeorgiaMarch 17, 2014
100% Travel and the life work balance is very difficult. Other than that not a bad place to work
Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: pizza or ice cream parties for winning teams with high survey scores
Cons: not enough time for lunch
There were always team contests to boost employee morale which made scores go beyond expectation.
Hectic place to work
Dev lead (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: ethics
Should be dynamic and keep challenging.
Scrum and Agile visions.
No ethics.
Vendor management is so horrible

1 2 3 4 5

About Asurion

For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions – Read more