Asurion Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly co-workers and less than friendly management.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 30, 2016
The job itself was a no-brainer, and the people I worked with were fantastic. The only real issue I had with the job was that advancement was near-impossible, and that upper management had little care about those dealing directly with customers.
Pros
Allowed internet browsing between calls.
Cons
H.R. was incompetent
Asurion was an amazing opportunity
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 24, 2016
Asurion had a very valuable experience for me, The people I developed with and around was an amazing experience and I learned so much from them.
Pros
Advancements, Co-Workers, Knowledge, Free Food and so much more
Great company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 18, 2016
Asurion has been a great place to work and the people there are fantastic. Supportive coaches and staff. It's a hardworking friendly culture.
Pros
Great perks and rewards
Love it.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 20, 2016
Great company to work for, management was pretty decent. Take a lot of calls in the run of a day, cake every month.
Free parking, who doesn't enjoy that?
Pros
Awesome enviroment.
Cons
Flexbility
Great team to work with, but management tends to infantilize workers
Online technical support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
Great team to work with, but management tends to infantilize workers. They have a horrible system to manage employees time offs
Call Centers are literally the worst place in the world
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 22, 2015
I cannot see myself ever going back to a call center after working here. The days were so boring and long, it dragged on and on. Sitting at a desk all day is not something that I'm interested in. There was a lot of non-work related drama at this call center that I didn't want to get involved in, but everything was everyone else's business. My direct Supervisor just got the position after my training was up, and he was not a properly trained. He was putting a lot of pressure on me to move up to a supervisor position as I was one of the top on our team. He didn't consider what I wanted, only what he wanted.
Typical American company with Canadian operations
U.S. & Canadian roadside assistance dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJune 13, 2015
Management was poor along with hours and wages. Management was not encouraging to employees and not sympathetic to their concerns.
Pros
Cons
All of the above
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 19, 2012
TO provide Road Side assistance for AT&T customers I learned very good communication skills and to work faster with computer and just in general questions learned how to take control of situation and to calm customers down who may be upset. Co workers all were very nice worked hard. Hsrdest part of job was some escalated calls would be lengthy.
benefits
Cons
hours
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 29, 2014
Asurion is a great company to work for, and the support from management and peers is fantastic. There is definitely welcomed room to move within the company, which is great, the only downside is the starting salary.
Pros
management, support, atmosphere
Cons
low starting salary
Fun and relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBMarch 11, 2014
Great place to work if you are a positive and outgoing person. Benefit package is perfect for someone just starting out. Easy to make friends the place is filled with happy people with good personalities.
Pros
attendance policy
Cons
free coffee!
its a great place to work
Customer Service Rep, I (Former Employee) –  moncton n.b.September 3, 2012
I had worked there for 4 and a half years and loved it if it was not for the sudden passing of my father i would most likely still be working there
Pros
free coffee and great staff
Cons
can be very stressful at times
Nice place to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 27, 2012
People were great to work for. I met a lot of people over time, Management were there to help you out when you needed it.
Pros
knowing to helped a customer out
Cons
every call center has a few cons
Asurion
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 11, 2014
This is my ideal work setting, working in call centres but edmonton doesn't have many. I had to leave as my husband couldn't find work in New brunswick, so we had to relocate back to Alberta.
call center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  moncton, nbDecember 30, 2014
I liked this job however was time for a change therefore moved on.
Pros
benfits and incentives
Cons
times
Cell Phone Replacement Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 29, 2014
Assisted customer locate there phone and if that was not able to be done helped customer in locate there cell phone device.
asurion
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  .October 16, 2014
Asurion is a pretty good place work i love the free coffee. The best part of the job is the people you work with
asurion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBSeptember 13, 2014
Asurion used to be very good place to work until new management took over
Pros
free coffee
Cons
bad management
Love my job!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Moncton, New Brunswick, CanadaApril 18, 2013
Everyone at our site works together to make it an fun place to work. We support each other (yes we all get the "calls from hell") we make each other laugh and we all get along. If we need information on something it is found out for us. Sups will take holds off for us so we don't need to have the long hold times with CST. They are always informing us of upcoming changes and update us constantly through emails, Town Halls, and team meetings. We are fully informed at our CAD's of where we stand matrix wise, and our sups are always there to suport us if we choose to try out a different possition within the company. There are ups and downs to every job, but you have the choice to let it drag you down or you can raise above it and carry on. We have fun days where we dress up or dress down..etc. Our Directors throw us an awesome Christmas dinner on site every year, we have incentive prizes for overtime..many people make bonus at our site and it is generally a great place to work. We can go to our sup with any problem and they take care of it and our directors and C.E.O are always taking the time to come out on the call floor and hang out with us. Love Asurion Moncton!!!
Pros
atmosphere, team work, bonuses ...etc
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 13, 2013
As a Customer Service Representative , assisted clients with their insurance claims with their cell phones.
You are family
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 6, 2014
When you work here you are treated like family. The team atmosphere is beyond my expectations!