Established folding carton plant in Concord, Ontario is seeking a motivated, experienced individual to manage our HACCP compliant plant. The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented and committed to perpetual improvement.
Specific responsibilities could include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a clean and safe plant.
- Automate and manage production schedule to maintain inventory and evaluate staffing requirements, considering budgetary and time constraints
- Schedule and conduct production meetings.
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping.
- Review operations and confer with administrative staff to resolve production inefficiencies
- Assist with the hiring, training, evaluation (performance reviews), and/or discharge of staff
- Provide training, mentoring and discipline to employees while enforcing corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance (regular and preventative) or modification.
- Establish quality benchmarks and implement quality management procedures.
- Report to the President and Vice Presidents
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of manufacturing experience which includes supervisory responsibility
- Prior experience in the folding carton industry is a definite asset.
- Strong technical background in both manufacturing and machinery processes.
- Post-secondary courses/diploma/degree an asset
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. Oracle) an asset
- Training in HACCP, GMP, ISO, WHMIS, and Health & Safety are definite assets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required.
- Decision-maker who demonstrates excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong leadership, team building and mentoring skills.
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrates flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
We pride ourselves in saying... "we still retain our very first major customer".