AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work place
Sourcing and Contract Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 24, 2014
Great Place, stakeholders are wonderful group of people positive energy. The role contained a lot of diversity. Achieved many set goals.
Great Environment
Senior Systems Administrator - Infrastructure (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2014
Great Environment to work in. Very professional and ethical environment
Management didn't treat everyone Fair
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches and brain storming sessions
Cons: manager were treating people unfairly
Learned good customer skills
everyone didn't work together
people were treated different
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor/London/Sarnia/ ChathamMarch 14, 2014
Visit with doctors and office staff to promote products and proper usages
Good training facility healthcare
Various Positions (Former Employee), Södertälje, ABJanuary 24, 2014
Always challenging work tasks
good co-workers
management good
Excellent work environment, best place ever worked.
Technologist (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free breakfast most of the time.
Cons: work long hours to finish the job.
The best company I had ever worked. Best work environment, best management.Worked in sterile environment. Really helpful co-workers. Excellent job quality.
AstraZeneca was the best company I ever worked for
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: fabulous company, benefits, people
Cons: downsizing
I worked at Mississauga HO for almost nine years but due to restructuring was downsized in 2004. l loved my time there and would love to rejoin this amazing company.
ALL is great!!
Senior Packaging Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 12, 2012
Great people who understand: work smart and not hard. Lots of chemical processing: small and large scale. Very technical and qualified professionals. Always been enjoyable.
Great facility to work in!
Manager, Resource Protection (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2012
Great place/company to work unfortunately currently experiencing a downturn because of loss of patent on top-selling brand name drugs.
Great Company to start out in, grow professionally in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, great colleagues, nice location
Cons: lack of job security, managers who lack leadership skills
Great company in the early days. After patents expired, layoffs happened, lost good people, morale lost and management lacked leadership.
Managers Provided Excellent Guidance to Suceed in Providing Service
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: injury at work resulted in my early retirement
It was a very transparent place to work. Managers were understanding and had many meetings to facilitate and keep clarity in working place ethics and progress.
Productive and professional workplace
Clinical Research Intern (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 13, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation, great work environment
Cons: none worth mentioning
This is an amazing place to work. They feel that inter-departmental interactions are important, so your day at work is never monotonous. Management recognizes, appreciates, and rewards hard work and good ideas. The environment is filled with a diverse group of people with an abundance of knowledge and expertise.
Variety of jobs
Team Leader (Former Employee), BrixhamDecember 10, 2014
Pros: my office overlooked the sea
Cons: there werent any!
My day would start each day with receiving details of travel arrangements for the scientists. I was quick to learn how to arrange travel and this was what interested me the most. Again, my management team werent based on site but if ever there was a situation, they were happy to come down to assist. My co-workers were very nice people. I think the hardest – more... part of my job was probably getting the scientists to agree to times etc for their travel ahead of booking. The most enjoyable part was actually booking all the travel and handing them their completed travel packs. Loved it. – less
Fun company to work for
Hospital Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 5, 2014
I had a great relationships with my manager, coworkers and team members. The most enjoyable part of the job was calling on physicians and helping them understand how AZ products would help their patients live longer or at least alleviate their disease state. I learned a lot from my customers and would use that knowledge to help me position my products – more... in a sales situation. – less
Nice place to work
Senior Research Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry (Former Employee), Mölndal, ODecember 3, 2014
Most people come to work before 7 AM and start working. Many of them even finish their daily exercise routine by that time, take shower and start work - some of them run for almost 10 kilometres to come to work, yes! and they come on time! Starting time is flexible though.

Workday goes on smoothly by communicating between different departments. Instruments – more... are taken care of regularly. Could learn to work on several of them. Also access to many databases and search engines. Could access enormous number of electronic journals. Each individual person has plenty of workspace. Access to any chemical reagents from stockroom or overnight delivery from outside chemical company is good. Access to databases show available intermediates even from other AZ sites. Communication with colleagues from other sites is helpful for receiving or sending the necessary chemical.

Lots of meetings - number of attendees vary from 2 to many. Work break (Fika) at 9:30, and at 14:30 are kind of mandatory. Lunch (50 mins) is served in the company restaurant with subsidised price. Several choices and food quality is good.

Very nice place to work at. Work/Life balance is good. My mother was terminally ill. AstraZeneca had more vacation days than I previously worked at, and also I had sympathetic colleagues, who had similar experiences, so I could be with my mother more than I could expect. People with small children can have plenty of parental leaves.

Most of the Swedish people are peace-loving, non-confrontational, but competitive, and goal-oriented. I like that.

But just like many other chemical / pharmaceutical companies, job security is suffering. Just like other places, more job-cuts make people more insecure and push them to unhealthy competition.

The darkness during winter-time is a negative side of this area. I grew up much closer to the equator, where not much difference in lengths of days during summer and winter-time. Here time for sunrise and sunset changes everyday, winter is mostly cloudy also - people need to have Vitamin D pills and their watches handy! :) People are extremely quiet (housing construction is also very good), so my peace-loving friends came and slept for hours happily :) when I went to work. – less
Forecast Leader (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 1, 2014
good place to work. nice people and competitive salary. I would recommend working here to anyone interested.
Professional and ethical company.
Hospital Sales Specialist Cleveland, Ohio (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 25, 2014
Develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Medications have helped millions of patients in the fight against cardiovascular disease, psychological/psychotropic disorders, respiratory diseases, cancer and other serious illnesses. The organization is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world. AZ fosters an inclusive – more... environment of diverse. committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. – less
Work Life Balance could be better
Global Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 19, 2014
AstraZeneca was a great place to work but over the years they have laid off a high number of employees which has forced the remiaing employees to take on additional tasks due to not replacing displaced employees over the past 5 years.
stressful
Bioinformatics Scientist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: corporate stress
Highly stressful corporate environment. As a contract worker, I often felt like the blame for operational problems often were placed on my work regardless of whether this was actually the case.
Excellent products but continual shift in management and direction of company.
Director, Global HR Systems and Service Delivery (Former Employee), Wilmington, DelawareNovember 10, 2014
The company continued to make major management changes and also altered their strategy. Although they considered the organization to be global, this would shift from the three major country hubs and create confusion for the workforce.

1 2 3 4 5

About AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a – Read more

AstraZeneca Photos