AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was great opportunity for me to work there
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Khartoum-SudanMarch 30, 2014
Pros: incentives-annual triaining
Cons: needs more work on advanced technology
• I played a key link between AstraZeneca pharmaceutical company and healthcare professionals.
• I reached annual sales targets for 2010, 2011 respectively .
• I arranged appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams.
• Made presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the – more... retail sector. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue;
• I organized conferences for doctors and other medical staff. – less
Very challenging and fun workplace with many opportunities
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Osaka and Fukuoka, JapanMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and income
Cons: long hours
I had been working at Astrazeneca Japan for seven years as a medical sales representative.
What I did everyday was not only meeting my clients like doctors.
My first job in a day started from visiting wholesale companies to communicate every sales men who had contract with my clients.
This everyday's communication with them makes my sales be comfortable. – more... After I got some recent informations about my clients, I prepared some documents or some data what they need that day.
During 10 am to 7 pm, I visited 13 doctors to give them our medicine's informations. Some times I talked with the doctor for one hour the about specific case that he had at the time.
Then I started my routine office work around 8 pm and prepared documents for next presentation at the hospital until 10 pm.

I learned to listen someone very carefully because most of their information gave me many ways to think about my clients's needs.
I also learned to be patient even though I could not get a good result as soon as I had done my action. Since I was a sales woman, I was under pressure of sales goal. I had to get over my goal every month. It was good experience for me. It absolutely made me strong.

Our management worked well in my team. I shared our goal with all of my co-workers and we had a meeting once a week regularly.We tried to solve everyone's problem by everyone's idea. It worked very well. Literally I was a leader at the meeting.

I got along with all of my co-workers. We had some drinks after our long work and encouraged each other.

The hardest part of the job is finding the way to make my client's medication be comfortable. When I found the way, my client and his patient and me, everyone got happiness. Such a wonderful time it was.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to achieve the goal with my co-workers. Thanks to good relationship with my co-workers, we achieved our goal so many times even it's very hard for us.

I would like to work as a responsible worker like I had been in Astrazeneca. – less
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor/London/Sarnia/ ChathamMarch 14, 2014
Visit with doctors and office staff to promote products and proper usages
Excellent work environment, best place ever worked.
Technologist (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free breakfast most of the time.
Cons: work long hours to finish the job.
The best company I had ever worked. Best work environment, best management.Worked in sterile environment. Really helpful co-workers. Excellent job quality.
AstraZeneca was the best company I ever worked for
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: fabulous company, benefits, people
Cons: downsizing
I worked at Mississauga HO for almost nine years but due to restructuring was downsized in 2004. l loved my time there and would love to rejoin this amazing company.
Great facility to work in!
Manager, Resource Protection (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2012
Great place/company to work unfortunately currently experiencing a downturn because of loss of patent on top-selling brand name drugs.
A multinational experience
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 24, 2012
Worked as a consultant for the Agri business of a pharmaceutical giant. Great work experience because of the state of the art IT infrastructure.
Dynamic and fast paced working environment
Integrated Healthcare Specialist (oncology) (Former Employee), Eastern RegionApril 16, 2014
Pros: high spec car, lunch allowance, substantial bonus
Cons: none.
I don't wish to disclose further information regarding this organisation unless asked to do so at interview.
Tremndous Corporate Culture
Leaders in Finance Tomorrow Intern (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 3, 2014
AZ is a phenomenal place to work. Strong corporate culture and they take care of their employees very well. For anyone who wants to work in big pharma I highly recommend.
Productive Employer
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES SPECIALIST LEVEL III (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 2, 2014
Pros: great company
Excellent company to work for. No company has 100 percent satisfied employees. There are always going to be things to gripe about, and let's face it, even those of us with the world's most satisfying careers generally look forward to the weekends.
fantastic workplace
Preparation Technician (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
a typical day at work is testing samples provided by different companies and also testing samples of medication made by AstraZeneca. this company thought me a lot about testing samples and documenting. i enjoy working at this company because i had a great co workers to work with and were also willing to help each other. we were like one happy family. – more... Nothing was really hard at this job because we were like family. the most enjoyable part of this job was the friendly and cordial relationship between management and their subordinates. – less
profesional and friendly
Chef manager (Former Employee), Paddington, ENGMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunchlong hours
great company to work for, subcontracted by Sodexo. was in charge of all aspects of catering for over 300 people including private dinners for CEO and board members. I learned how to deal with staff issues and all aspects of catering management. I was also looking after concierge's as well as barista's and chefs. trying to constantly change menus to – more... keep up with modern trends and keep with in budget. I generally thoroughly enjoyed the job. – less
Progressive Pharmeceutical Company
Demand & Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 19, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, flexibility
Cons: too much internal change
I've been with AstraZeneca for 13 years and have had a number of roles. The company's focus on quality of life and patient health make it an inspiring place to work. There is however a lot of change happeneing at the moment thoughout the organization.
Nice
Assistant Research Scientist (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch and break fast
I am happy about this Organisation, work culture etc.

I learned how to work in an Pharmaceutical industry.

The management is good.

Colleagues are good and supportive.

I enjoyed working at BSL-3 labs.
Its good process oriented Company
DBA (Current Employee), SödertäljeMarch 17, 2014
Its good process oriented Company.I am working as a Oracle Consultant. My job profile is to provide database Administrator,
Backup , restoration and performance consultancy.
Large Branded Pharmaceutical Company
Excel in marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: limited oppurtinities for career advancement
Called on physcians selling in product line,Worked cohesively with co-workers..Company ravaged by yearly lay-offs.
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: number of reps in the field dilluted time with providers
Called on medical professionals to promote products
Included both primary care and specialists
Excellent products, class leaders in most of therapeutic areas
Promoted drugs made life changing impact on patients
Great company to work for.
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: schedule, company car, working with professionals.
Cons: job security
Enjoyed working closely with professionals within a team environment.
one of the best jobs, good workplace
2011-2044 (Former Employee), PhilippinesMarch 2, 2014
It was a great experience working as Medical representative in AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Phils Inc. It is one of the best multi national companies. my job was not a typical office work since it is a field work. We meet people from different places and different cultures. Astrazeneca gave nice benefits to every employees such as health benefits, monthly, – more... quarterly and yearly incentives. – less
Productivev
Process Operator (Former Employee), MacclesfieldFebruary 26, 2014
Whilst working for Astra Zeneca, I was on the night shift team helping to keep the line running as part of a 24 hour campaign. I would work with a small team on the lines to run the packing machines and maintain them to ensure smooth and constant running. This was sometimes very technical and I would be responsible to fix the machines if they had errors/failed – more... connections. Following the GMP guidelines, certain principles had to be adhered to such as ensuring a clean environment and all risk assessments were followed. Due to the Pharmaceutical nature of the business, there was no margin for error and each piece of written documentation had to be 100% correct which meant following a right first time attitude. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a – Read more