AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

Great manager and team mates.
Hybrid Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 December 2016
I worked with a great manager and team mates throughout my career with Astra Zeneca.
Our work ethic was the same, work hard, play hard. Ottawa West sales numbers proved this to be correct.
Pros
lunches - $10.00/day
Cons
job security uncertain
Great people to work with
Respiratory Specialist Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 December 2016
AstraZeneca has great people and an awesome future with respect to the current and future portfolio. An industry leader in Diabetes and Respiratory.
Great culture, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Study Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2016
AstraZeneca is a great company. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company. They like to frequently post positions internally to give internal candidates a chance. Sales in 2016 however have been lower than expected therefore there have been reorganizations and layoff.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Reorganizations of business units leading to layoffs
Environment that fosters growth and development
Learning and development manager (Current Employee) –  Sub Saharan Africa10 October 2016
Great place to work that fosters employee engagement. Work place that embraces diversity and culture.
People are professional in their jobs and everyone is encouraged to own and drive their individual development.
Pros
Travel opportunities
Cons
No free lunches
we had a gym.many facilities for employees to pass time constuctively
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2016
I worked for Nexium launch at Astra. One day my team lead had to finish rush order. I helped her by staying back 4 hours. She appreciated my hard work.It was great learning to know the environment of aseptic processing. I saw filling area where operators were dressed like astronauts. Too much gowning & PPE is required in filling area to protect product & to you as well.Superb management I was hired in 2 minutes my Managers saw me & said you are the reflection of your resume. We just wanted to see you.You come to work tomorrow.Hr was very helping too.All coworkers were helping & nice. Spill of Anaesthesia & cleaning was hard.No sooner we used to finish the order. We had to cover the line & put stop clean. Team of sanitation people used to take over & clean.Our job was to run the machines efficiently.I enjoyed working for Astra. It was 9 months contract.Packaging was to close down there hence next year when I was called by my manager I asked him what should I do? I am getting full time at Teva. He advised to join Teva since it will be again a contract. That's how I chose to join Teva & stayed there for 14 years.I was looking for full time job with benefits.
Pros
Pizza on all overtimes, appreciation for hard work
Cons
I do not see any
Great company to work for! Very good products in the market.
Senior Meical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2016
Great company to work for! Great products in the market. Strong research based company. Good managers. Very professional and helpful team support and colleagues.
First time working from home office. Challenging at first.
Regional, Monitoring Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2015
Had the opportunity to hire several new monitors. I managed a team of 13 Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) or monitors. I was their direct report, evaluating their workload, performance, year end review, salary adjustments etc..
A very pleasant and engaging team of professionals. Still in close contact with almost all of them. It was a pleasure.
Very productive and friendly culture
Test Lead - People Services (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2015
Very productive, work/life balance culture, flexibility of work hours, friendly, fun work place, very supportive management

Overall rating - work/life balance, salary/benefits, job culture
Good place for mid-career
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2015
AstraZeneca provides a great balance between the corporate size (Canadian business atleast) and the yearly turnover. having recently gone a major business shrinkage, they seem to be holding on to more senior management than the people who actually do a lot of the leg work, which currently seems to be mostly outsourced. This presents a unique opportunity for mid to late professionals seeking a more agile work-environment. Not so good for career progression.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Closer to the city
Cons
Not enough incentives for late professionals, no career progression for new professionals
Great Place to Work
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Venezuela8 January 2015
Great district management, excellent products, work life balance, career development for junior, but not good for higher level
Pros
Very friendly co-workers and a fantastic opportunity to learn
Cons
Limited personal growth opportunities
Great environment to work in with strong work-life balance!
Manager, Resource Protection (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2015
Responsible for day to day Canadian Security issues and the management of a contract security workforce. Significant improvement in physical security while managing a restrictive budget. Great management support.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Instability of Pharmacutical Industry resulting in restructuring!
Excellent work place
Sourcing and Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2014
Great Place, stakeholders are wonderful group of people positive energy. The role contained a lot of diversity. Achieved many set goals.
Great Place to Work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2014
AZC strives to be a "Great Place to Work" and for me it is! My immediate manager is great! She is able to advise and guide when needed, but doesn't "micro"manage. I love my territory and my role as a Customer Service Representative! AZC gives everyone chances for their voice to be heard and I have seen changes made as a result of employee communications with executives in the company.

They have a policies in to protect both the company and their employees and the only one that I struggle with sometimes is the amount of kilometers I was permitted to travel in one day. Because of this my routes were not exactly the way I would like to design them. Having said that, occasionally, I found I was grateful for this rule, when I arrive at my destination and am too tired to continue driving home.

All in all, not real complaints.
Pros
flexibility, work vehicle, cell phone, great benefits
Cons
sometimes too much overnight travel
Great Environment
Senior Systems Administrator - Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2014
Great Environment to work in. Very professional and ethical environment
Management didn't treat everyone Fair
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2014
Learned good customer skills
everyone didn't work together
people were treated different
Pros
Free lunches and brain storming sessions
Cons
manager were treating people unfairly
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor/London/Sarnia/ Chatham14 March 2014
Visit with doctors and office staff to promote products and proper usages
Always fresch fruits in the morning
Assistant de recherche (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 December 2013
Learned a lot of things how to take tissu samples and do surgery.
Pros
exelent salary
Cons
close the building
Excellent work environment, best place ever worked.
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 November 2013
The best company I had ever worked. Best work environment, best management.Worked in sterile environment. Really helpful co-workers. Excellent job quality.
Pros
Free breakfast most of the time.
Cons
Work long hours to finish the job.
Great place to work where we are motivated to develop innovative medicines for patients. IT/IS plays an important role in enabling the drug discovery
Senior Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Global Company including Canada6 August 2013
Highly colloborative and diverse global environment where I work with varied stakeholders across our global footprint to deliver value through IT products and services.
AstraZeneca was the best company I ever worked for
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2013
I worked at Mississauga HO for almost nine years but due to restructuring was downsized in 2004. l loved my time there and would love to rejoin this amazing company.
Pros
fabulous company, benefits, people
Cons
downsizing