AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was great opportunity for me to work there
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Khartoum-SudanMarch 30, 2014
Pros: incentives-annual triaining
Cons: needs more work on advanced technology
• I played a key link between AstraZeneca pharmaceutical company and healthcare professionals.
• I reached annual sales targets for 2010, 2011 respectively .
• I arranged appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams.
• Made presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the – more... retail sector. Presentations may take place in medical settings during the day, or may be conducted in the evenings at a local hotel or conference venue;
• I organized conferences for doctors and other medical staff. – less
Very challenging and fun workplace with many opportunities
Medical Representative (Former Employee), Osaka and Fukuoka, JapanMarch 28, 2014
Pros: benefits and income
Cons: long hours
I had been working at Astrazeneca Japan for seven years as a medical sales representative.
What I did everyday was not only meeting my clients like doctors.
My first job in a day started from visiting wholesale companies to communicate every sales men who had contract with my clients.
This everyday's communication with them makes my sales be comfortable. – more... After I got some recent informations about my clients, I prepared some documents or some data what they need that day.
During 10 am to 7 pm, I visited 13 doctors to give them our medicine's informations. Some times I talked with the doctor for one hour the about specific case that he had at the time.
Then I started my routine office work around 8 pm and prepared documents for next presentation at the hospital until 10 pm.

I learned to listen someone very carefully because most of their information gave me many ways to think about my clients's needs.
I also learned to be patient even though I could not get a good result as soon as I had done my action. Since I was a sales woman, I was under pressure of sales goal. I had to get over my goal every month. It was good experience for me. It absolutely made me strong.

Our management worked well in my team. I shared our goal with all of my co-workers and we had a meeting once a week regularly.We tried to solve everyone's problem by everyone's idea. It worked very well. Literally I was a leader at the meeting.

I got along with all of my co-workers. We had some drinks after our long work and encouraged each other.

The hardest part of the job is finding the way to make my client's medication be comfortable. When I found the way, my client and his patient and me, everyone got happiness. Such a wonderful time it was.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to achieve the goal with my co-workers. Thanks to good relationship with my co-workers, we achieved our goal so many times even it's very hard for us.

I would like to work as a responsible worker like I had been in Astrazeneca. – less
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor/London/Sarnia/ ChathamMarch 14, 2014
Visit with doctors and office staff to promote products and proper usages
Excellent work environment, best place ever worked.
Technologist (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free breakfast most of the time.
Cons: work long hours to finish the job.
The best company I had ever worked. Best work environment, best management.Worked in sterile environment. Really helpful co-workers. Excellent job quality.
AstraZeneca was the best company I ever worked for
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: fabulous company, benefits, people
Cons: downsizing
I worked at Mississauga HO for almost nine years but due to restructuring was downsized in 2004. l loved my time there and would love to rejoin this amazing company.
Great facility to work in!
Manager, Resource Protection (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2012
Great place/company to work unfortunately currently experiencing a downturn because of loss of patent on top-selling brand name drugs.
A multinational experience
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 24, 2012
Worked as a consultant for the Agri business of a pharmaceutical giant. Great work experience because of the state of the art IT infrastructure.
Enjoyed participating in standardization in data management across therapeutic areas.
Data Management Technical Standards Leader (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2014
Positions offered tremendous growth in the areas of data and project management in which multiple off- the-shelf and home-grown software applications were mastered.
Excellent place to work
Incident Manager (Former Employee), ENGJuly 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
One of my favourite jobs to have been a part of a very professional team.
Work Experience
Global Project Administrator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 8, 2014
I provide efficient and effective project coordination and administrative support to ensure orderly flow of operations and communications for 8+ senior pharmaceutical executives and 5+ cross-functional drug development teams. I work effectively with internal/ external network of customers to schedule and coordinate meeting logistics and conference needs – more... to ensure high quality meetings. Prepare and coordinate delivery of team meeting agendas, minutes, and presentations, setup and run slides during. Update global project team’s action and event logs after team meetings. Develop and maintain user-friendly templates, communications plans, process contract agreements, information management, project planning and control reporting, arrange travel, expense reporting, SharePoint, Visa applications, purchase requisitions, and other intricate projects. Follow-up on outstanding actions to ensure completion to agreed standards and deadlines. Manage global calendars for leaders and team members; monitor e-mails to identify matters of urgency which are handled accordingly. I handle complaints and problems with tact, patience, and diplomacy. In addition, I also handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly.
The challenging part of my job keeping a work/life balance. The rewarding aspects are customer satification, relationship building and personal development. – less
Large cap pharmaceutical company, with challenging work and great people.
Director, Field Sales Leadership (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2014
Busy pharmaceutical company with several layers, therefore the work was diffuse, but you learned a lot about how to navigate in a company this size. Really smart, interesting people with a lot of business experience.
Global initiatives for corporate strategy and sustained growth
Global Director, MBA development Programs (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 22, 2014
My Senior Global VP provided these comments in my annual review: I wish Ben's passion and energy is contagious to the rest of the entire global teams.
multinational company with good work enviroment
Medical Representative (Current Employee), Al JīzahJune 21, 2014
· Responsible for closing direct sales of products and/or services in order to meet individual/team targets and the organization's business objectives.

· Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.

· Responsible for sales calls directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers.

· – more... Responds to customer questions.

· Effectively builds rapport with customers by probing for needs and recommending appropriate solutions.

· Achieves monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives, while ensuring the optimum customer experience and satisfaction by following established processes and procedures – less
Great Place thus far
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJune 18, 2014
In curent company snce February, 2014..............................................
To be discussed at a later date/time.
Professional Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
Pros: Large company with nice benefits; fair amount of freedom in scheduling your sales calls; senior management has a great vision for the future;
Cons: Work/life balance can be a challenge.
Inservices in 4 to 5 hospital accounts focusing on Cardiology products.
TRANSITION CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJune 14, 2014
TCS is a fairly new position in the industry. AZ hired TCS's (RN's) to do inservices in hospital accounts. This position is very rewarding and challenging at times. The inservice can be branded or unbranded cardiology resources. The focus of the inservice is to educate the staff on patient compliance in taking their medications as prescribed.
Great people poor management
Service & Delivery Director (Current Employee), Wilmington DEJune 13, 2014
Pros: good compansation
Cons: almost no job security and constant change in direction is stressful
Great people and great company. However suffers from constant changes in senior management which leads to constant organisational change and change in strategy.
AstraZeneca
Global Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 6, 2014
Pros: team spirit, middle management
Cons: career development
I became an employee with AstraZeneca at the beginning of their transistion, in 2004. The one thing consistent with AstraZeneca was change. From titles being renamed with the same job description to department name changes with responsibilities remaining the same.

I enjoyed my time working at AstraZeneca, again there was a great spirit of teamwork. – more... Great middlemanagement leadership.

Career growth especially in a support role was very limited within AstraZeneca. You really had to leave the company to advance in your career – less
Dynamic and professional
Regulatory Support Assistant/CRM Analyst (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPJune 3, 2014
Ethical and professional company.
Excellent benefits.
Scope for growth.
Hardest part of the job: interacting with Health Authority
Excellent team and teamwork.
Working for such a big multinational company gave me a fantastic grounding and the company provided me with many valuable training sessions.
excellent work life balance
Global ProjectManager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 2, 2014
improved on leadership and presentation abilities. Management has very ambitious plans and growing well. Hardest part of the job is keeping the global netwrok in contact. Most enjoyable part of the role is responsibilities are clear up front for each individual.

1 2 3 4 5

About AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a – Read more