Aston Hill Financial Inc. is a publicly traded asset management firm with offices across Canada. The company is committed to meeting the financial needs of our clients, focusing on capital preservation and delivering exceptional long-term investment returns.
Founded in 2001, Aston Hill has nearly $8 billion in total assets under management, managing portfolios for institutional investors, providing portfolio advisory services, and offering a suite of mutual funds. Our senior leadership team has extensive investment knowledge across a number of industries and asset classes with particular expertise in the energy sector and unique income solutions for mutual fund partners.
An entrepreneurial partnership amongst proven industry leaders, this is an organization that is on the path to establishing itself as Canada’s premier wealth management firm.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for duties related to account reconciliations, journal entries, and supporting the financial reporting function as required.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Reviewing statements from various funds and entering into the system for invoice tracking purposes
- Entering daily banking transactions
- Account reconciliations on a daily basis
- Daily/monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly bank certifications which involves compiling company assets under management
- Intercompany transactions reconciliation
- Preparing monthly schedules including: fixed assets, continuity, trailer fees, prepaid expenses, and others as needed for three entities
- Revenue and expense accruals
- Assisting in the preparation of consolidated internal reporting
- Preparing accounting journal entries
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
The ideal candidate will have achieved or is working towards;
- Undergraduate degree or diploma with a focus in accounting or general business
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge in general accounting principals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Competencies and Attributes:
The ideal candidate will be:
- Strong team player
- Well organized and detail oriented
- An excellent communicator
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as directed.
We thank all interested applicants for their interest. Due to the high number of resumes received, we will only be in contact with selected candidates.