Assurant Employee Reviews

Good environment for work
Bilingual Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 August 2017
le travail est facile ainsi que l environment
les gens sont trop gentil et les responsable aussi
j ai passe peut de temps mais j ai appris beaucoups de choses
Terrible
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 July 2017
This place of employment will suck the life out of you and your family. You are under paid. Under appreciated. And any opportunities to grow within the business are given to people who are friendly with management.
Cons
everything
Very friendly/professional environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 January 2017
A typical day, in the department that I worked in, was sitting on the phones, while doing admin work. Assurant has very supporting management, they are honestly always ready to help. It's a team-oriented environment, so working with your coworkers is fun, and non-competitive. The hardest part of the job was waiting between calls, I worked in a department with a very low call volume, so there was a lot of time to wait before getting your next call. The most enjoyable part was being able to befriend your coworkers, and hang out, while also getting work done.
Pros
Free Food most of the time
Cons
A lot of time between calls
A place most people don't stay at
Customer Service Representative Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 September 2015
I worked for the company for over 8 years. Started in the retention department and moved to the warranty department. Retention department only cared about your retention rate most of the time. Warranty was better to work in. Definitely example of it's who you know, not what you know in order to advance.
Mostly concerned about your average handle time for calls in the warranty department. I kept advising that I believed in a one call resolution for the customer when it can be done.
I found most people didn't stay long and moved on to other jobs or went back to school.
Coworkers were mostly good and very helpful. That's mainly what helped make the job.
Pros
Parking, Benefits, Occasional free lunch, free coffee
Cons
Stressful, Not the best Management
Productive, fast paced environment, Flexibility for hours and work from home
Consultant - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario8 September 2015
Assurant allowed for independent work environment through flexible work hours and work from home. Allowing to manage home requirements and work responsibilities.

A very caring company who stood by any challenges with family issues.

I was able to continue to learn something new on a daily basis. Assurant was always willing to expand into areas that you would like to learn.
Great Job
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kingston21 August 2015
I work for the warranty department answering phones for product service plans and product replacement plans.

I have learned how to better deal with other types of customers in a very well behaved manor, and how to quickly work on a computer

Everyone around me is great and very helpful, I have never felt that I was out of place or asking something I should already know.

Hardest part of my job would be, not knowing how to help someone that really needs it and only being able to give them one answer and sending them on their way.

Most enjoyable part of my job, is dealing with people and getting to work with such amazing people.
Terrible morale and atmosphere.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, On27 April 2015
Low salary, little room for any advancement or movement. Most do not stay longer than 10 years. their is a lot of H/R issues and they are not addressed properly.
Benefits
Cons
No change for advancement.
enjoyable place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 May 2014
Great place to work with great people and incentives. Unfortunately unable to maintain employment due to lay off.
Pros
fun and energetic
Cons
lay off
Excellent potboiler job
CCO Associate level 1 (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 July 2013
Clean, well kept place to work. Decent co-workers.
Not always great job, trying to get retired old ladies to keep credit card insurance on their accounts when you know they are on a fixed income really sucks.
But hours are okay no earlier then 8am no later then 8pm, no weekends.
Good spot to get phone experience and learn to deal with mad people with nothing but your voice.
Pros
no weekends, no nights, fixed hours, decent pay
Cons
no ability to let those who really have no need or ability to use for product know that.
Would not recommend to anyone for work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario7 June 2013
The company offers no advancements, salary is low, no profit sharing. The people are very good though and over all the atmosphere is great. But from a career standpoint it's not the place to be.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No growth, high turnover
Management Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2013
Assurant is a great place to work. The management team is employee focused. It’s a place where the work you do is appreciated and you know how you contribute to the overall success of the company.
Great group of co-workers
Contact Center Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 November 2012
Taking stressful calls all day. I learned that the company comes first and the workers that work hard each day can be replaced in an instance. Most of my co-workers were the best people to be around and did their best to lighten things up. The hardest part of the job was not being able to give to the customer the time they needed on the phone and dealing with upset customers all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer thanked you for treating them like a human being and taking the time to care. The bad part of that was then you did not make your time per call when you cared about people and that made you expendible down the road.
Pros
free parking
Cons
stressful