Assurant

Assurant Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent potboiler job
CCO Associate level 1 (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: no weekends, no nights, fixed hours, decent pay
Cons: no ability to let those who really have no need or ability to use for product know that.
Clean, well kept place to work. Decent co-workers.
Not always great job, trying to get retired old ladies to keep credit card insurance on their accounts when you know they are on a fixed income really sucks.
But hours are okay no earlier then 8am no later then 8pm, no weekends.
Good spot to get phone experience and learn to deal with mad people with – more... nothing but your voice. – less
Would not recommend to anyone for work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 7, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: no growth, high turnover
The company offers no advancements, salary is low, no profit sharing. The people are very good though and over all the atmosphere is great. But from a career standpoint it's not the place to be.
Management Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2013
Assurant is a great place to work. The management team is employee focused. It’s a place where the work you do is appreciated and you know how you contribute to the overall success of the company.
Great group of co-workers
Contact Center Operations Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 26, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: stressful
Taking stressful calls all day. I learned that the company comes first and the workers that work hard each day can be replaced in an instance. Most of my co-workers were the best people to be around and did their best to lighten things up. The hardest part of the job was not being able to give to the customer the time they needed on the phone and dealing – more... with upset customers all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer thanked you for treating them like a human being and taking the time to care. The bad part of that was then you did not make your time per call when you cared about people and that made you expendible down the road. – less
Ready to move on
Fax Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: # not a name, no advancement, no pay raises
I've worked at Assurant for more than 10 years. I knew this was never going to be my forever job or a career for me. I started my schooling while working here. Now that I have graduated it's time to move on. The company has great benefits but there's not much room for advancements in the company, or for pay raises.
Decent place to work
Developer II (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Decent place for work/life balance. Will be an awesome place with better management.
Salary is below industry average & heavy work load
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FloridaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: monday - friday work schedule
Cons: salary is below industry average & heavy work load
Salary is below industry average & heavy work load. Very little room for advancement.
ok place to work
Electranic Assembler (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 3, 2014
Ok place to work, wasnt really my type of work, I like to be on my feet and up and down where this job was sitting all day.
Assurant
Scheduling Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee, longer lunches
Cons: health plan, stress
A typical day starts with me running a few reports for supervisors and then on to my projects and meetings. Most of my projects are numbers oriented and in Microsoft Excel. I have taught myself how to create graphs using a variety of data and formats. The hardest part of the job is stress. Personally, my work is reviewed by execs and VPs so it has to – more... be on spot each time. My co-workers are supportive and helpful. The concept of a team is not something that is stressed at work so that is a little bit of a knock but, I tend to work better alone or with a couple of people. The most enjoyable part is the little things the company does for the employees. We do get perks and treats that I really have never seen anywhere and that is refreshing to know that someone still thinks of the employees. – less
Awesome Experience
Regional Sales / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment
excellent home office support! Great pay, benefits and overall awesome company.
Direct Sales, Marketing Rep (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, office, fun people
Assurant has been a wonderful place to work. Great management that cares about its employees. You will make a ton of phone calls, selling a bunch of different products. The office is a laid back atmosphere, with a sales attitude.
Insurance sales executive
Sales Executive (Former Employee), creweAugust 15, 2014
Pros: commision
Cons: long hours and compliance
A typical day at Assurant UK was interesting and competitive. The frequency of calls was undetermined and the frequency of sales/retentions was never predictable but this ensured that there was always a chalange evident during the day. It was very sales driven and employees were equally motivated postively by management.

I learned that active listening – more... is key in every job role and in this post it was paramount. Management always provided support and feedback which allowed me as an employee to progress and perfect my sales technique. My co-workers were also very supportive and together we worked to ensure that every was making the most of each sales opportunity to get maximum results overall.

The hardest part of the job was to remain compliant as this was a non advise sale, calls were audited on a daily basis and failure to adhere to the guide lines would have an effect on our overall earned commision. The hardest part of the role was to ensure that I was using the correct wording and language during the call so that my sale was achieved the right way. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people in that department and achieving well together as an individual during the call but as a team effort. – less
I like working in the call center
Research Analyst (Current Employee), Florence, SCAugust 9, 2014
I think that everyone should work in the call center and they will learn a lot of things that will help them out at Assurantas well as any other job
Good company
Actuarial Analyst II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2014
Solid company navigating though healthcare reform. Work life balance is encouraged. Flexible to suit employee needs.
Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 4, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Management really cares, and makes sure employees are repected and have a fun atmospere to work in. Supervisors, Leads and Trainer are very suportive. Lots of ways to promote up.
Working day
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 28, 2014
Mostly good days. Always learning new functions(myself anyway). Certain management are great to work with others hoover and complicate the day. Best to learn functions quickly and proficiently and find others who know the material instead of counting on team leads and managers. Co-workers are great everyone gets along for the most part always good laughs – more... and everyone is friendly from my experience. Job is fairly easy, but most complicated when you are moved from one project to the next and expected to complete both in a timely manner when you don't have much time to begin with. Love the people i work with most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Great environment / Low pay
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Albany, ORJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: low pay
The environment is very positive and the people are super friendly
Comfortable place to stay
Security Guard (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 25, 2014
Pros: lots of over time, nice co-workers, benefits
Cons: little advancement opportunities
I really enjoyed working there and fellow employees. I took pride in mastering the advancements in the security systems and technology that the company used. I strove to take on more responsibility in hopes of advancement but being a small facility there wasn't anywhere to go until someone retired.
Good work-life balance
Enterprise Sourcing and Vendor Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fun events
Assurant provides a good environment to work in. Most people in Assurant have a long tenure because its a place where people like to stay.
Answered insurance calls for Wells Fargo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 19, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: rarely a manager or supervisor around when a customer requests one.
Answered phone calls and assisted customers in updating required insurance information for their mortgages. I learned what you have to have when you have a mortgage and how to avoid costly lender placed insurance policies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more