Assurant

Assurant Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent potboiler job
CCO Associate level 1 (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: no weekends, no nights, fixed hours, decent pay
Cons: no ability to let those who really have no need or ability to use for product know that.
Clean, well kept place to work. Decent co-workers.
Not always great job, trying to get retired old ladies to keep credit card insurance on their accounts when you know they are on a fixed income really sucks.
But hours are okay no earlier then 8am no later then 8pm, no weekends.
Good spot to get phone experience and learn to deal with mad people with – more... nothing but your voice. – less
Would not recommend to anyone for work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 7, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: no growth, high turnover
The company offers no advancements, salary is low, no profit sharing. The people are very good though and over all the atmosphere is great. But from a career standpoint it's not the place to be.
Management Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2013
Assurant is a great place to work. The management team is employee focused. It’s a place where the work you do is appreciated and you know how you contribute to the overall success of the company.
Great group of co-workers
Contact Center Operations Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 26, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: stressful
Taking stressful calls all day. I learned that the company comes first and the workers that work hard each day can be replaced in an instance. Most of my co-workers were the best people to be around and did their best to lighten things up. The hardest part of the job was not being able to give to the customer the time they needed on the phone and dealing – more... with upset customers all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer thanked you for treating them like a human being and taking the time to care. The bad part of that was then you did not make your time per call when you cared about people and that made you expendible down the road. – less
Direct Sales, Marketing Rep (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, office, fun people
Assurant has been a wonderful place to work. Great management that cares about its employees. You will make a ton of phone calls, selling a bunch of different products. The office is a laid back atmosphere, with a sales attitude.
Insurance sales executive
Sales Executive (Former Employee), creweAugust 15, 2014
Pros: commision
Cons: long hours and compliance
A typical day at Assurant UK was interesting and competitive. The frequency of calls was undetermined and the frequency of sales/retentions was never predictable but this ensured that there was always a chalange evident during the day. It was very sales driven and employees were equally motivated postively by management.

I learned that active listening – more... is key in every job role and in this post it was paramount. Management always provided support and feedback which allowed me as an employee to progress and perfect my sales technique. My co-workers were also very supportive and together we worked to ensure that every was making the most of each sales opportunity to get maximum results overall.

The hardest part of the job was to remain compliant as this was a non advise sale, calls were audited on a daily basis and failure to adhere to the guide lines would have an effect on our overall earned commision. The hardest part of the role was to ensure that I was using the correct wording and language during the call so that my sale was achieved the right way. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people in that department and achieving well together as an individual during the call but as a team effort. – less
I like working in the call center
Research Analyst (Current Employee), Florence, SCAugust 9, 2014
I think that everyone should work in the call center and they will learn a lot of things that will help them out at Assurantas well as any other job
Good company
Actuarial Analyst II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2014
Solid company navigating though healthcare reform. Work life balance is encouraged. Flexible to suit employee needs.
Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 4, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Management really cares, and makes sure employees are repected and have a fun atmospere to work in. Supervisors, Leads and Trainer are very suportive. Lots of ways to promote up.
Working day
Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 28, 2014
Mostly good days. Always learning new functions(myself anyway). Certain management are great to work with others hoover and complicate the day. Best to learn functions quickly and proficiently and find others who know the material instead of counting on team leads and managers. Co-workers are great everyone gets along for the most part always good laughs – more... and everyone is friendly from my experience. Job is fairly easy, but most complicated when you are moved from one project to the next and expected to complete both in a timely manner when you don't have much time to begin with. Love the people i work with most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Great environment / Low pay
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Albany, ORJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: low pay
The environment is very positive and the people are super friendly
Comfortable place to stay
Security Guard (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 25, 2014
Pros: lots of over time, nice co-workers, benefits
Cons: little advancement opportunities
I really enjoyed working there and fellow employees. I took pride in mastering the advancements in the security systems and technology that the company used. I strove to take on more responsibility in hopes of advancement but being a small facility there wasn't anywhere to go until someone retired.
Good work-life balance
Enterprise Sourcing and Vendor Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fun events
Assurant provides a good environment to work in. Most people in Assurant have a long tenure because its a place where people like to stay.
Answered insurance calls for Wells Fargo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 19, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: rarely a manager or supervisor around when a customer requests one.
Answered phone calls and assisted customers in updating required insurance information for their mortgages. I learned what you have to have when you have a mortgage and how to avoid costly lender placed insurance policies.
It has a very friendly environment with great staff and great benefits
Open Items Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 15, 2014
Although my job isn't necessarily "fun" considering a sit at a computer desk for 8 hours and updated policies, I do enjoy my job. It has it's challenging moments but it's a fairly easy job once you get the hang of the routine. It's also nice because you can I.M. your manager or other employees anytime you need help or don't know how to do something.
Productive Work place
Loss Draft Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, SCJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed my co workers, It is definately a high energy, multiple task position.
In Charge of eight
Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great at my job and customer service
Cons: downsized department
Supervised 8 individuals in the underwriting and cancellation department on our close outs and month ends. Kept deadlines and had great customer service for clients and customers.
The company only cares about it's shareholders and nothing about the employees
CSR Agent (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: parking lot, cafeteria on site, on site sport playing fields, 1hour lunch, benefits
Cons: salary and poor advancement within the company
A typical day commences of rushing to the call center floor because parking is far and always full. You take calls all day. The work is not hard just tedious with no room for creativity. I have mastered everything there is to know about inbound CSR. I have learned to advance in the company you have to be well connected within the company and not by – more... performance. Co-workers were the best people you could sit next to at any job. The hardest part of the job was knowing you were getting paid a lot less than other people who were doing the same job as you. Also, another difficult part of the job is when you are hurt and cannot work there is little chance of receiving STD benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was receiving a check at the end of the day. – less
Claims Specialists/Administrative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: i work on my own alot
Cons: no cons
I have worked in all departments of Assurant, have learned a lot. Assurant is a good company to work for. They have been very good to me.
great benefits and great pace to work
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNJuly 1, 2014
Great benefits and great place to work but very little room for advancement in the Minnesota office

1 2 3 4 5

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more