Assurant

Assurant Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent potboiler job
CCO Associate level 1 (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: no weekends, no nights, fixed hours, decent pay
Cons: no ability to let those who really have no need or ability to use for product know that.
Clean, well kept place to work. Decent co-workers.
Not always great job, trying to get retired old ladies to keep credit card insurance on their accounts when you know they are on a fixed income really sucks.
But hours are okay no earlier then 8am no later then 8pm, no weekends.
Good spot to get phone experience and learn to deal with mad people with – more... nothing but your voice. – less
Would not recommend to anyone for work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 7, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: no growth, high turnover
The company offers no advancements, salary is low, no profit sharing. The people are very good though and over all the atmosphere is great. But from a career standpoint it's not the place to be.
Management Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2013
Assurant is a great place to work. The management team is employee focused. It’s a place where the work you do is appreciated and you know how you contribute to the overall success of the company.
Great group of co-workers
Contact Center Operations Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 26, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: stressful
Taking stressful calls all day. I learned that the company comes first and the workers that work hard each day can be replaced in an instance. Most of my co-workers were the best people to be around and did their best to lighten things up. The hardest part of the job was not being able to give to the customer the time they needed on the phone and dealing – more... with upset customers all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer thanked you for treating them like a human being and taking the time to care. The bad part of that was then you did not make your time per call when you cared about people and that made you expendible down the road. – less
loved that job
Accounting Dept / accounts payable specialist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2014
worked there almost 9 years & was ultimately layed-off/out sourced to India
loved this place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 16, 2014
had a blast working for the company it was a joy! anyone that wants to work for a grate place should apply.
Very innovative work place with many opportunities for advancment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Springfield, OHOctober 15, 2014
I would recommend Assurant to any and every one the advancement and the opportunities are there and they are rooting for you from co workers to the CEO.
Secure Job
Sr. Computer Operator (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNOctober 11, 2014
Perfect schedule for people who have little kids. Have a chance to learn more about Mainframe and Data Center.
Fun call center.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lawton, OKOctober 1, 2014
Although it was an inbound call center, the people that I worked with were amazing, (it was like a family within your co-workers), the management was great.
EXcellent company
Functional Associate III (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Loved helping the employees with their travel plans and budgeting.
management
Team Lead (Former Employee), Spring texasSeptember 28, 2014
Great job to make overtime . Anyone can get a job. Very unprofessional. HIGHSCHOOL.
Great place to work-great benefits
(Employee Information Systems) Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, wiSeptember 25, 2014
Benefits great
Continuous work development
Involvement in departmental projects
Flexible schedules-not only start and end times but weekly flexibility
Able to work 4 days-4 1/2 day weeks
Enjoyable place to work.
Open Items Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 25, 2014
I was brought on through a temp agency and continued to work there for five years. No complaints.
Great people to work with and team work
Hazard Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and team players
Cons: insurance is very expensive only get half your check, 64 calls per day is impossible to meet
I really enjoyed everyone that I worked with but just thought that they could've done more to make our jobs easier by approving more websites for us to access to get the insurance information. There were also a lot of automative systems that we could call before companies are opened to be able to meet our 64 calls per day and having incoming calls which – more... sometimes last 10 to 15 mins really made this very difficult to meet daily. I liked how they gave award and fake money to purchase snacks from the store but a lot of times the store wasn't opened after awhile. It seems like they start these incentives but never stick with them. – less
Overall great company and provides great products
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2014
Within my years with Assurant Health I have held various positions that increased my worth with the company. In all positions, management has been second to none. I found my coworkers to be genuinely interested to be team players. In my latest role as CSR 2, the most enjoyable part (which was also the hardest) was to be able to educate my agents to – more... be confident selling product to their clients. – less
Poor Management
Customer Service (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: poor management
Laid back . Management does not take interest in grooming employees. Little chance for advancement
Ready to move on
Fax Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: # not a name, no advancement, no pay raises
I've worked at Assurant for more than 10 years. I knew this was never going to be my forever job or a career for me. I started my schooling while working here. Now that I have graduated it's time to move on. The company has great benefits but there's not much room for advancements in the company, or for pay raises.
Decent place to work
Developer II (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Decent place for work/life balance. Will be an awesome place with better management.
Salary is below industry average & heavy work load
Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FloridaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: monday - friday work schedule
Cons: salary is below industry average & heavy work load
Salary is below industry average & heavy work load. Very little room for advancement.
ok place to work
Electranic Assembler (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 3, 2014
Ok place to work, wasnt really my type of work, I like to be on my feet and up and down where this job was sitting all day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Assurant

Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products – Read more