Association for New Canadians

Association for New Canadians Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I recived lots of good experence while I was working there.
Graphic Designer / Freelance (Former Employee), St. John's NLApril 7, 2013
Pros: free for lunch
Cons: low benefits
Excellent management and warm environment to work with. Love working with people from different countries and came from different cultures.
Meeting and interacting with a person from a foreign country.
ESL Teacher, Stephenville (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 1, 2013
Pros: visit to the college
Cons: not enough time during class time to spend with student.
A typical day at work is setting up class. Have the student recite given material. Having student repeat vocabulary. Introducing student to our college. Teaching English rules in punctuation, grammar, and vocabulary.

I have learned that teaching English to a foreign student takes a lot more work. I have learned a little about her language and her country. – more... I learned that the student loves our province and enjoys living here.

Management was always available and answered all questions I had. They were easy to reach by phone or email.

Co-workers were ready and willing to give any help needed and was very informative.

The hardest part of the job was trying to understand what the student was trying to communicate.

the most enjoyable part of the job was breaking through our language barriers and understanding each other. The student understanding the rules of English and putting them into practice. – less
Work term student (Former Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 7, 2012
This was my work term so it was not paid. I did enjoy the work and the people were exceptionally nice. If I had the opportunity I would go back and work for them again.

About Association for New Canadians

The Association for New Canadians is a non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to the provision of settlement and integration – Read more