Association for New Canadians Employee Reviews

Wonderful environment, where I thrived as a translator
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 January 2017
This was a very short, free-lance job, but I sincerely enjoyed the experience. I dream of being a professional translator.
Working with different languages is what I am most passionate about; making sure the client is understood no matter what.
Pros
Experience and environment
Cons
Casual hours
Aiding new Canadians in their transition to Canada
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 July 2015
Working at ANC was a great experience. You are the first longstanding point-of-contact for most of the students there. You teach the same for three hours a day from 9 AM-12PM. Each class is leveled by the learners current English level, and you will spend your three hours teaching them Canadian culture, English skills appropriate for their level and social norms of Canada.
An excellent place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. John's1 October 2014
This school is an excellent place to work. The staff and students are amazing.
Excellent working environment!
Settlement Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 August 2013
Excellent working environment. Colleagues are nice and very friendly. under well management and cooperating.
I recived lots of good experence while I was working there.
Graphic Designer / Freelance (Former Employee) –  St. John's NL7 April 2013
Excellent management and warm environment to work with. Love working with people from different countries and came from different cultures.
Pros
free for lunch
Cons
low benefits
Meeting and interacting with a person from a foreign country.
ESL Teacher, Stephenville (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 March 2013
A typical day at work is setting up class. Have the student recite given material. Having student repeat vocabulary. Introducing student to our college. Teaching English rules in punctuation, grammar, and vocabulary.

I have learned that teaching English to a foreign student takes a lot more work. I have learned a little about her language and her country. I learned that the student loves our province and enjoys living here.

Management was always available and answered all questions I had. They were easy to reach by phone or email.

Co-workers were ready and willing to give any help needed and was very informative.

The hardest part of the job was trying to understand what the student was trying to communicate.

the most enjoyable part of the job was breaking through our language barriers and understanding each other. The student understanding the rules of English and putting them into practice.
Pros
visit to the college
Cons
not enough time during class time to spend with student.
Work term student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 November 2012
This was my work term so it was not paid. I did enjoy the work and the people were exceptionally nice. If I had the opportunity I would go back and work for them again.

4.8