Association For Community Living Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
An ever growing organization, always striving to improve itself.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Beausejour, MB28 December 2016
Although my primary role was Residential Manager of one group home, the agency afforded my many opportunities to grow and learn.
I learned how to proceed with staff recruitment, manual payroll, build, deliver and maintain a budget, tracking and sourcing training requirements for front line staff. Sat on sub-committees for strategic planning, union organizing, and policy development.
Very enjoyable workplace.
Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Beausejour, MB18 March 2013
Walking into a regular shift at work will always be a great feeling. Not ever had I had the feeling where I just really did not feel like going into work. The clients themselves can give you the most welcoming feeling, as can your co-workers. Working in this job has taught me how strong of a person you need to be to work in this field. It is very easy to build a relationship with a client, but it is also very easy for something unexpected to happen to that client. Also, you may have to deal with verbal or even physical abuse. You will need physical strength as well for times that you need to help a client move from point a to point b. Those can be some of the most difficult parts of the job. Either way, everything about this job is enjoyable and it makes you feel incredible about yourself.
Pros
great experience, meals normally supplied.
Cons
shift work