Associated Mining Construction Inc. (AMC) is a rapidly growing organization with many opportunities for career growth and enrichment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
We are currently looking for a Journeyperson Electrician with experience working in an underground shaft environment and Jumbo troubleshooting. This opportunity is located at our Scissors Creek project located outside of Rocanville, SK. This is a rotational fly in/fly out position consisting of 20 days on and 10 days off. Camp accommodations and flights to and from sites are provided.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations and plan assigned work.
- Participation in the preparation of procedures and following of procedures in the course of their work.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic/pneumatic electrical and fibre optic control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Performs all other assigned duties, which may change over the course of the project.
Who You Are:
- Electrician trade certificate - Journeyperson is required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program is preferred.
- Experience working in a safety sensitive environment
To learn more about AMC, please visit our website at: www.amcmining.com
This competition will remain open until January 7th, 2014. We thank everyone for their interest however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.