Job Type: Full Time
Open Date: May 1, 2014
Close Date: May 31, 2014
We are growing again and require a Manager, Category Management and Procurement to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, Retail Operations, you be responsible for executing and augmenting the retail banner category plans. This would include but not be limited to assortment selection, pricing strategy, promotional activity and merchandising plans.
As the ideal candidate, you will build and support best practices throughout the organization. You will also be responsible for building relationships with stores, distributors, retail banner partners and suppliers to ensure superior service is delivered to retail customers. Utilizing your analytical background you will review past performance to ensure appropriate plans are in place to ensure P&L budgets are achieved. Using your superior negotiating skills you will source and procure new product lines, promotional opportunities and volume & profitable items on an ongoing basis.
Your ability to promote a customer focused and friendly environment that is engaging to all will contribute to our mutual success. Our primary goal is to create an exciting, local, health focused shopping experience for all patients and customers in all of our stores.
- Solid experience in retail merchandising
- Strong negotiation skills
- Complete understanding of category management processes/procedures
- Experience in promotional procurement
- Sound understanding and awareness of pricing
- Working knowledge of POS systems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Fundamental understanding of consumer needs and buying habits
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer-service oriented
- Retail operations/ merchandising experience
- Communication and team building experience
Please email a covering letter and your resume, complete with references to the following address(s):
Associated Maritime Pharmacies Limited
269 Highway 214 | Elmsdale | Nova Scotia | B2S 1K1