Associa Employee Reviews

Sweeping and mopping hall ways all day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX15 May 2017
Working for associates horrible. management has pending lawsuit against him also has a few pending cases wrongful termination pending against main manager there. Extremely horrible place to work for
Pros
Cons
They Are A Con Company
Horrible management and Terrible pay
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX9 May 2017
Executives are a joke. Employees are not treated well. They lie to employees to get them to stay. The pay is ridiculous. Turnover is high because of the work environment. And corporate isn't willing to step in and deal with executives.
Benefits
Cons
Executives, pay, morale
Massive amount of work
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 April 2017
Overworked, Underpayed, Political Management, Stressful Work Environment. I am now going to fill this space with extra characters so I can move on from this.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
Everything Else
Stressful
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 April 2017
I had to drive for about 1-2 hours to a different work site each day only to work at that place for 2-3 hours, using my vehicle that gas was never paid for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Relocating constantly
Challenging
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  West Coast15 April 2017
the workload is very heavy carrying interim accounts which never is transitioned. The employees work very hard to meet unrealistic goals trying to help the branch stay afloat.
You need to be independent to learn the procedures as training is limited
the most enjoyable part of this job working with a huge variety of personalities.
Pros
People here work very hard evan with the stress level
Cons
advancement is limited
great work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI28 March 2017
I only worked here as a temp but they welcomed me as if i were a full timer. The work is easy to learn and they were always willing to assist me if i had any questions to perform better
Very family oriented, very helpful
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN22 March 2017
I really like this job, it does have some very long hours though, overall this company is a very good company to work for. The President is an awesome person and would love to continue to work for her and my senior manager. The atmosphere Is awesome but its very time consuming and with me having a family it's sometimes hard to balance work and home life
Pros
Good Salary, very friendly enviroment
Cons
VERY VERY LONG hours 60 hours sometimes a week
Every Day a New Crisis
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX5 March 2017
Management comes and goes too frequently. No chance of getting any consistent management guidance. BIG turnover in hourly staff. My department averages one person leaves 3 out of 4 weeks a month and it has been like that for almost 2 years. Health benefits and time off is a joke. Pay is way below average for type of work performed.
Cons
Don't apply at Associa
Not a good company
Delinquency Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX27 February 2017
The company cannot get its act together. They lose money every month, change management every few months, a lot of drama and chaos in the company and that is not good. They do not pay much but they expect you to do the work of a CEO or Executive, and no, they do not train very much at all.

I worked there for one year and it is not a professional company at all.
I was really disappointed in the things I witnessed there.

Not a good company at all.
Pros
Are there any?
Cons
No comment
Too focused on growing the company, not enough on paying the bills
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI23 February 2017
Very little training or avenues to solicit help. Benefits are beyond terrible and completely unaffordable anyway. It all feels like a big fleecing of each individual association. Stop aquiring smaller companies and ruining their reputations by not paying the bills in a timely manor and figure out how to roll out new programs in a more logical fashion. Good luck finding vendors who want to work with Associa.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Lots of evening meetings, low pay, horrible benefits.
productive workplace
Staff Accountant II, HOA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 February 2017
This is a very nice place to work. It's a very diversity environment. Schedule is very flexible with Nice management. Money is no so great and hour are over 40-60 some week.
Na
Division Director (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX20 January 2017
long hours stressful environment company does not motivate their employees only focused on having robots as employees and not the well being their customers
Company only cares about itself. Not it's employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX20 January 2017
Anyone who says this is a great place to work is being paid off under the table. Employees over-worked, pay-compensation is lowest end of scale possible. Raises are a slap in the face, benefits are horrible and bare minimum coverage. Advancement is non existent unless you are buddies with the executive team. Most employees are too scared of getting fired to say anything.
Pros
The building had air conditioning. That's about it
Cons
See Below
Great company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX28 December 2016
Great company to work for, i love it, Co-worker are very nice and knowledgeable of the company's needs.. Manager are very helpful in all area. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say helping assist with a very important project, The hardest part was getting all standard in order so that special project would hit the ground running with no error involved ..
High growth potential
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 December 2016
Local site lost contract and I had a non-compete clause.
Growing company with too many changes locally that transcends a small town that I worked in.
Wrong place wrong time
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA22 November 2016
My position as Business Development was created with the intention of generating new leads in my assigned territory. Very little training and development was provided. My typical days included data mining on Salesforce, marketing on social media, updating account records, networking within the local HOA community and participating in sales calls. I learned this is a VERY difficult industry to be successful in. Most companies are bought out these days and budgets are very minimal to do any great business development events or activities. The branch management overall was very good. Task oriented with a great team mentality. Corporate management on the other hand, well, was corporate management. The hardest part of the job was getting any sort of "leads" to close deals. The most enjoyable part was the networking with other industry professionals and learning best practices from co-workers.
Pros
Autonomy, Flexibility
Cons
No promotional opportunity, very little training
Worst Leadership in the Industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FL20 October 2016
It all stinks from the top. Arrogant leader and senior staff who have no leadership skills. Staff turnover an epidemic, and not surprising.
Was a good company until they consolidated and brought on board the unshaven spiky haired kids to run the show
Cons
Healthcare that is poor and you have to pay !!!
Worst comany to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN19 October 2016
If you are thinking about working for this company think twice if you do not know anybody in this company or are related to someone that already works there don't waste your time they promise you things that are not true. There is no room for moving up this company management has no clue what goes on. Management is horrible. Please think twic before working here . In the company policy they say they will give u a company. Vehicle for the job they lie about that I had to use my own car for three months for jobs. They did how ever make it right but in the end they still lied . The vehicle they promise you is for work and to go the job site . And u can take it home but in the end they lie to you about kinds of stuffe . They will bring someone else in and let you go this company is a waste of time .
Pros
Pay
Cons
No respect
Fun place to work here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX12 August 2016
* call center
The things i enjoy the most about my job is being able to provide excellent Customer Service to our homeowners.
I like how we do not take payment over the phone for the security over the homeowners and our own.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Healthcare.
Great environment to work
IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 August 2016
typical work day is 8-5pm, you work under minimum supervision, management is knowledgeable, reasoning, reliable and the compensation is very great. the hardest part of the job is not having too much co-operation from IT department.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
less work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associa. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8