Associa Employee Reviews

Worst Leadership in the Industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FL20 October 2016
It all stinks from the top. Arrogant leader and senior staff who have no leadership skills. Staff turnover an epidemic, and not surprising.
Was a good company until they consolidated and brought on board the unshaven spiky haired kids to run the show
Cons
Healthcare that is poor and you have to pay !!!
Worst comany to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN19 October 2016
If you are thinking about working for this company think twice if you do not know anybody in this company or are related to someone that already works there don't waste your time they promise you things that are not true. There is no room for moving up this company management has no clue what goes on. Management is horrible. Please think twic before working here . In the company policy they say they will give u a company. Vehicle for the job they lie about that I had to use my own car for three months for jobs. They did how ever make it right but in the end they still lied . The vehicle they promise you is for work and to go the job site . And u can take it home but in the end they lie to you about kinds of stuffe . They will bring someone else in and let you go this company is a waste of time .
Pros
Pay
Cons
No respect
Fun place to work here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX12 August 2016
* call center
The things i enjoy the most about my job is being able to provide excellent Customer Service to our homeowners.
I like how we do not take payment over the phone for the security over the homeowners and our own.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Healthcare.
Great environment to work
IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 August 2016
typical work day is 8-5pm, you work under minimum supervision, management is knowledgeable, reasoning, reliable and the compensation is very great. the hardest part of the job is not having too much co-operation from IT department.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
less work
Worst company I have ever work for.
AR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX15 July 2016
Worst company to work for. Benefits are a JOKE! There is no structure, and the CEO is the one responsible for all this, his own son left the company.
Poor company
Current (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX1 July 2016
This is by far the worst company I've worked for. Let me start by saying the management is a complete waste of time. They have no idea what they are doing its like the blind leading the blind. The benefits are a JOKE its impossible to afford it on such a ridiculously low salary and they say their competive. I would like to know their idea of competive. So take my advice look else where they dont invest in the employee and its ran by who your in a click with...... NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK......
Pros
Cons
The way the company is ran... Poorly
No work/life balance, very poor management
accounting (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CA15 June 2016
the company does not have good procedures and seems like management trying to improve things, However do not know how.
Very unhealthy environment and very unfriendly
Associa is not a good place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 June 2016
Associa is not a well run company.They are so focused on acquiring new companies to make more money that they have forgotten about having well run existing companies. In addition, they do a poor job managing money and planning their projects.

One of Associa's core values and principles "that Associa holds the most dear, both as individuals and as one Associa" includes:
FAMILY SPIRIT -"We are a family. We treat each other with kindness, respect, and encouragement".

This is a complete joke. Associa does not treat it's employees like family (maybe the favorites but that's a small group). The leaders exclude team members, especially if one of the favorites didn't recommend you to get hired and layoffs are almost a common day occurrence.

If you are a company that gets acquired by Associa be prepared to job search. They will likely lay off most the staff to bring them into the Client Shared Service Center. Which is also a mess.

I'll sum it up by saying if you are thinking about working here think long and hard before deciding. You better have a friend who is already working there who is close with the higher ups so that you can be a part of the in crowd (and not be first in line for being laidoff) or don't bother working here.
Pros
decent work life balance
Cons
favortism, incompetent leadership
Associa is a good place and environment to work at.
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX8 June 2016
I enjoy working there and plus it is where I learned most of my accounting skills. Associa is like a family. I learned how to produce a financial report and how to interpret them. I have a good coworker.
Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, WA6 June 2016
I enjoyed the work being responsible for all maintenance aspects of the entire Condominium. I overhauled all equipment to insure all machinery and systems were working properly,
Pros
Cons
Hours
Not a good place to work if you want to advance
Tax Accountant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX28 May 2016
I was a Tax Specialist. They hired a Lead that didn't have any clue about the job responsibility. We had to train the Lead. Just to say that there's no advancement in the company and the pay is beyond low. This Company needs someone to step in and help them excel to the next step.
No advancement as promised
Accounts Receipts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX17 May 2016
Managers don't care personally , all they care for is to meet quotas and numbers and to close end of month asap. You won't be moved up bc they prefer to hire outside help.
The Walmart of Homeowner Associations...
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA11 May 2016
If you want a life, don't work here. Associa only cares about their bottom line, not the employee. Not well respected by homeowners or employees.
Pros
Cons
workload increases regularly with no pay, poor morale
More interested in monetary gain than actual property management.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL5 May 2016
Like children managing property. The clientele was exceptional. Doctors, Lawyers, Realtors, a handful a billionaires that you would know through Google. Always treating you with respect. But when simple problems arose within the building they would go on for years and never be solved. Although I enjoyed working there for many years, I think the hardest part of the job was predicting how management/staff would fail at particular situations and not being able to stop it simple because the attitude of change is a four letter word.
Pros
Christmas Bonus. Free 5 star homade meals from residents. Safe area for a downtown location.
Okay place to work
A/R Receipts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX23 March 2016
The job itself is easy. Management and the processes they try to implement is what makes it harder than what it has to be. Other than that the people are nice and welcoming.
Pros
job is pretty easy
Run away fast
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX23 March 2016
Upper management has no clue what happens down in the trenches. Communication both within departments and with upper management is nearly non-existent.

Compensation is well below industry average, raises are a pittance. Benefits cost a small fortune. 4 Pillars are just corporate speak. Employee morale continues to decline. Values - Integrity, that's a laugh. Management treats employees like worker bees - drones who must be told what to do, when to attend meetings.

No one is truly accountable for their work, forcing real work on those of us who used to have a vested interest in the company. Sad to see a company happily let professional experienced knowledgeable people leave.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Expensive benefits, low salaries, poor communication, lack of accountability
Great work place with a great staff and culture
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX18 March 2016
Company is a great place to gain experience. Work is fast paced but has a good balance so that you are not completely overwhelmed. First 2 weeks of the month are the busiest having to complete financials for clients. The last 2 weeks of the month are a bit more laid back with working more on cleaning up financials and researching numerous items to make the financials better. Compensation is low for the industry but it is enough to live on.
Pros
Good management looking for ways to make employees happier
Cons
Pay is low
A company that is all about being family oriented and advancing high
A/R Settlements Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX26 February 2016
A typical day at work is laid back but productive
I learn more everyday varying in all departments
My team is a team of encouragement
Hardest part of work is crunch time
Enjoyable part of work is just being here cause I love what I do
Associa
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX22 February 2016
HOA property management company in Richardson Tx work schedule 8 to 5 co workers were great very helpful and friendly great training courses offered thru Richland College
productive and fun
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX13 February 2016
Great work environment, friendly department staff and also loved the way everyone worked together on special projects working with the company.

2.9