Associa Employee Reviews

Very family oriented, very helpful
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN22 March 2017
I really like this job, it does have some very long hours though, overall this company is a very good company to work for. The President is an awesome person and would love to continue to work for her and my senior manager. The atmosphere Is awesome but its very time consuming and with me having a family it's sometimes hard to balance work and home life
Pros
Good Salary, very friendly enviroment
Cons
VERY VERY LONG hours 60 hours sometimes a week
Too focused on growing the company, not enough on paying the bills
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI23 February 2017
Very little training or avenues to solicit help. Benefits are beyond terrible and completely unaffordable anyway. It all feels like a big fleecing of each individual association. Stop aquiring smaller companies and ruining their reputations by not paying the bills in a timely manor and figure out how to roll out new programs in a more logical fashion. Good luck finding vendors who want to work with Associa.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Lots of evening meetings, low pay, horrible benefits.
Not a good company
Delinquency Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX27 February 2017
The company cannot get its act together. They lose money every month, change management every few months, a lot of drama and chaos in the company and that is not good. They do not pay much but they expect you to do the work of a CEO or Executive, and no, they do not train very much at all.

I worked there for one year and it is not a professional company at all.
I was really disappointed in the things I witnessed there.

Not a good company at all.
Pros
Are there any?
Cons
No comment
Company only cares about itself. Not it's employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX20 January 2017
Anyone who says this is a great place to work is being paid off under the table. Employees over-worked, pay-compensation is lowest end of scale possible. Raises are a slap in the face, benefits are horrible and bare minimum coverage. Advancement is non existent unless you are buddies with the executive team. Most employees are too scared of getting fired to say anything.
Pros
The building had air conditioning. That's about it
Cons
See Below
Great company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX28 December 2016
Great company to work for, i love it, Co-worker are very nice and knowledgeable of the company's needs.. Manager are very helpful in all area. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say helping assist with a very important project, The hardest part was getting all standard in order so that special project would hit the ground running with no error involved ..
Cons
Worst comany to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN19 October 2016
If you are thinking about working for this company think twice if you do not know anybody in this company or are related to someone that already works there don't waste your time they promise you things that are not true. There is no room for moving up this company management has no clue what goes on. Management is horrible. Please think twic before working here . In the company policy they say they will give u a company. Vehicle for the job they lie about that I had to use my own car for three months for jobs. They did how ever make it right but in the end they still lied . The vehicle they promise you is for work and to go the job site . And u can take it home but in the end they lie to you about kinds of stuffe . They will bring someone else in and let you go this company is a waste of time .
Pros
Pay
Cons
No respect
Worst Leadership in the Industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FL20 October 2016
It all stinks from the top. Arrogant leader and senior staff who have no leadership skills. Staff turnover an epidemic, and not surprising.
Was a good company until they consolidated and brought on board the unshaven spiky haired kids to run the show
Cons
Healthcare that is poor and you have to pay !!!
Wrong place wrong time
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA22 November 2016
My position as Business Development was created with the intention of generating new leads in my assigned territory. Very little training and development was provided. My typical days included data mining on Salesforce, marketing on social media, updating account records, networking within the local HOA community and participating in sales calls. I learned this is a VERY difficult industry to be successful in. Most companies are bought out these days and budgets are very minimal to do any great business development events or activities. The branch management overall was very good. Task oriented with a great team mentality. Corporate management on the other hand, well, was corporate management. The hardest part of the job was getting any sort of "leads" to close deals. The most enjoyable part was the networking with other industry professionals and learning best practices from co-workers.
Pros
Autonomy, Flexibility
Cons
No promotional opportunity, very little training
productive workplace
Staff Accountant II, HOA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 February 2017
This is a very nice place to work. It's a very diversity environment. Schedule is very flexible with Nice management. Money is no so great and hour are over 40-60 some week.
Na
Division Director (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX20 January 2017
long hours stressful environment company does not motivate their employees only focused on having robots as employees and not the well being their customers
High growth potential
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 December 2016
Local site lost contract and I had a non-compete clause.
Growing company with too many changes locally that transcends a small town that I worked in.
Poor company
Current (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX1 July 2016
This is by far the worst company I've worked for. Let me start by saying the management is a complete waste of time. They have no idea what they are doing its like the blind leading the blind. The benefits are a JOKE its impossible to afford it on such a ridiculously low salary and they say their competive. I would like to know their idea of competive. So take my advice look else where they dont invest in the employee and its ran by who your in a click with...... NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK......
Pros
Cons
The way the company is ran... Poorly
Fun place to work here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX12 August 2016
* call center
The things i enjoy the most about my job is being able to provide excellent Customer Service to our homeowners.
I like how we do not take payment over the phone for the security over the homeowners and our own.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Healthcare.
Great environment to work
IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 August 2016
typical work day is 8-5pm, you work under minimum supervision, management is knowledgeable, reasoning, reliable and the compensation is very great. the hardest part of the job is not having too much co-operation from IT department.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
less work
More interested in monetary gain than actual property management.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL5 May 2016
Like children managing property. The clientele was exceptional. Doctors, Lawyers, Realtors, a handful a billionaires that you would know through Google. Always treating you with respect. But when simple problems arose within the building they would go on for years and never be solved. Although I enjoyed working there for many years, I think the hardest part of the job was predicting how management/staff would fail at particular situations and not being able to stop it simple because the attitude of change is a four letter word.
Pros
Christmas Bonus. Free 5 star homade meals from residents. Safe area for a downtown location.
Not a good place to work if you want to advance
Tax Accountant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX28 May 2016
I was a Tax Specialist. They hired a Lead that didn't have any clue about the job responsibility. We had to train the Lead. Just to say that there's no advancement in the company and the pay is beyond low. This Company needs someone to step in and help them excel to the next step.
Associa is a good place and environment to work at.
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX8 June 2016
I enjoy working there and plus it is where I learned most of my accounting skills. Associa is like a family. I learned how to produce a financial report and how to interpret them. I have a good coworker.
Run away fast
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX23 March 2016
Upper management has no clue what happens down in the trenches. Communication both within departments and with upper management is nearly non-existent.

Compensation is well below industry average, raises are a pittance. Benefits cost a small fortune. 4 Pillars are just corporate speak. Employee morale continues to decline. Values - Integrity, that's a laugh. Management treats employees like worker bees - drones who must be told what to do, when to attend meetings.

No one is truly accountable for their work, forcing real work on those of us who used to have a vested interest in the company. Sad to see a company happily let professional experienced knowledgeable people leave.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Expensive benefits, low salaries, poor communication, lack of accountability
Great work place with a great staff and culture
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX18 March 2016
Company is a great place to gain experience. Work is fast paced but has a good balance so that you are not completely overwhelmed. First 2 weeks of the month are the busiest having to complete financials for clients. The last 2 weeks of the month are a bit more laid back with working more on cleaning up financials and researching numerous items to make the financials better. Compensation is low for the industry but it is enough to live on.
Pros
Good management looking for ways to make employees happier
Cons
Pay is low
Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, WA6 June 2016
I enjoyed the work being responsible for all maintenance aspects of the entire Condominium. I overhauled all equipment to insure all machinery and systems were working properly,
Pros
Cons
Hours

2.8