Associa Employee Reviews

Run away fast
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2016
Upper management has no clue what happens down in the trenches. Communication both within departments and with upper management is nearly non-existent.

Compensation is well below industry average, raises are a pittance. Benefits cost a small fortune. 4 Pillars are just corporate speak. Employee morale continues to decline. Values - Integrity, that's a laugh. Management treats employees like worker bees - drones who must be told what to do, when to attend meetings.

No one is truly accountable for their work, forcing real work on those of us who used to have a vested interest in the company. Sad to see a company happily let professional experienced knowledgeable people leave.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Expensive benefits, low salaries, poor communication, lack of accountability
Great work place with a great staff and culture
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 18, 2016
Company is a great place to gain experience. Work is fast paced but has a good balance so that you are not completely overwhelmed. First 2 weeks of the month are the busiest having to complete financials for clients. The last 2 weeks of the month are a bit more laid back with working more on cleaning up financials and researching numerous items to make the financials better. Compensation is low for the industry but it is enough to live on.
Pros
Good management looking for ways to make employees happier
Cons
Pay is low
Nice co-workers
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 29, 2015
No flex hours, high turn over. Pay or benefits aren't good. Job was suppose to be temp to perm after 90 days, but it's been 6 months and I still temp.
More interested in monetary gain than actual property management.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 5, 2016
Like children managing property. The clientele was exceptional. Doctors, Lawyers, Realtors, a handful a billionaires that you would know through Google. Always treating you with respect. But when simple problems arose within the building they would go on for years and never be solved. Although I enjoyed working there for many years, I think the hardest part of the job was predicting how management/staff would fail at particular situations and not being able to stop it simple because the attitude of change is a four letter word.
Pros
Christmas Bonus. Free 5 star homade meals from residents. Safe area for a downtown location.
Poor company
Current (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2016
This is by far the worst company I've worked for. Let me start by saying the management is a complete waste of time. They have no idea what they are doing its like the blind leading the blind. The benefits are a JOKE its impossible to afford it on such a ridiculously low salary and they say their competive. I would like to know their idea of competive. So take my advice look else where they dont invest in the employee and its ran by who your in a click with...... NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK......
Pros
Cons
The way the company is ran... Poorly
Fun workplace
a/R ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE RECEIPTS CLERK (Current Employee) –  richardson texasSeptember 21, 2015
awesome company great benefits wonderful environment great location in the heart of dallas close to major freeways friendly co workers hardest part of rude customers
Associa is not a good place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
Associa is not a well run company.They are so focused on acquiring new companies to make more money that they have forgotten about having well run existing companies. In addition, they do a poor job managing money and planning their projects.

One of Associa's core values and principles "that Associa holds the most dear, both as individuals and as one Associa" includes:
FAMILY SPIRIT -"We are a family. We treat each other with kindness, respect, and encouragement".

This is a complete joke. Associa does not treat it's employees like family (maybe the favorites but that's a small group). The leaders exclude team members, especially if one of the favorites didn't recommend you to get hired and layoffs are almost a common day occurrence.

If you are a company that gets acquired by Associa be prepared to job search. They will likely lay off most the staff to bring them into the Client Shared Service Center. Which is also a mess.

I'll sum it up by saying if you are thinking about working here think long and hard before deciding. You better have a friend who is already working there who is close with the higher ups so that you can be a part of the in crowd (and not be first in line for being laidoff) or don't bother working here.
Pros
decent work life balance
Cons
favortism, incompetent leadership
Fun place to work here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 12, 2016
* call center
The things i enjoy the most about my job is being able to provide excellent Customer Service to our homeowners.
I like how we do not take payment over the phone for the security over the homeowners and our own.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Healthcare.
Great environment to work
IT Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2016
typical work day is 8-5pm, you work under minimum supervision, management is knowledgeable, reasoning, reliable and the compensation is very great. the hardest part of the job is not having too much co-operation from IT department.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
less work
Okay place to work
A/R Receipts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 23, 2016
The job itself is easy. Management and the processes they try to implement is what makes it harder than what it has to be. Other than that the people are nice and welcoming.
Pros
job is pretty easy
Cons
Associa is a good place and environment to work at.
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 8, 2016
I enjoy working there and plus it is where I learned most of my accounting skills. Associa is like a family. I learned how to produce a financial report and how to interpret them. I have a good coworker.
Great place to work and great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COJanuary 18, 2015
There's lots of variety in the job, the leadership and management is exceptional, great benefits such as lots of available time off and funds to use toward education, gym membership and any self improvement and advancement opportunities. The office environment is fun and fast paced, the culture is very friendly, helpful and there's a family spirit. The backgrounds of the employees are very diverse which makes for an interesting culture. Eeveryone works together and is very helpful.
Pros
great company
Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, WAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed the work being responsible for all maintenance aspects of the entire Condominium. I overhauled all equipment to insure all machinery and systems were working properly,
Pros
Cons
Hours
No work/life balance, very poor management
accounting (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 15, 2016
the company does not have good procedures and seems like management trying to improve things, However do not know how.
Very unhealthy environment and very unfriendly
The Walmart of Homeowner Associations...
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 11, 2016
If you want a life, don't work here. Associa only cares about their bottom line, not the employee. Not well respected by homeowners or employees.
Pros
Cons
workload increases regularly with no pay, poor morale
Worst company I have ever work for.
AR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 15, 2016
Worst company to work for. Benefits are a JOKE! There is no structure, and the CEO is the one responsible for all this, his own son left the company.
Pros
Upper Management, poor life\work balance, communication, communication
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  dallas, txJuly 6, 2015
Poor job work\life balance. You will work 70 hours a week, poor compensation, lack of communication within company. The most enjoyable part was working with the other employees.
My #1 Recommendation- Do NOT work here
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 26, 2014
This was by far the worst work environment I have ever worked in. The management and senior management does not care about their employees. The work load is unreasonable and the pay is not great for the amount or work and time you put in. The office I was in was VERY poor managed and only fills you with empty promises. The training is inadequate, so you are thrown to the wolves. They do not give you resources or tools to help you. Everyone, including senior staff, does not take responsibility for their actions and pushes the blame on other people. The environment is full of negativity and customers are constantly mistreated. It may just have been the office I was in but it was a complete train wreck. The reason why I quit after the short time I was there.
benefits
Cons
workoad, management, senior management, miscommunication, hours, workplace enviroment, negativity, customer unsatisfaction
No advancement as promised
Accounts Receipts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 17, 2016
Managers don't care personally , all they care for is to meet quotas and numbers and to close end of month asap. You won't be moved up bc they prefer to hire outside help.
Fast paced/detail and deadline oriented production environment
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 1, 2014
Very busy and fast paced environment.
High attention to detail is very important.
The day goes by incredibly fast as you will find yourself busy everyday.
A lot of overtime (10-11 hour days and some weekends) is required during the billing season. It is nice to have this for the holidays, but can become really exhausting.
The people you work with are fantastic and you can stay busy all day long. There is always something to do.
Pros
free lunches when you are required to do overtime.
Cons
benefits are not good, and raises are hard to come by.

2.9