Associa

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Delinquency Clerk (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: too far, whole building 8-5
delinquencies send out letters on cutoff dates
hoa and how they are similar to mortgage
great management
great people
learning new branches may be the hardest part of the job
love the comfort I have with the company
Co-Workers are Great!
Accounting Clerk/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers are helpful & work together well.
Cons: Need better Healthcare benefits
A lot of software that you work with that is good to have. Learn a lot from other co-workers that makes it a great place to work at.
laid back
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
the company needed to be improved by the way we process the invoices...
I learned that working for a new department is not an easy task
my co-workers were okay to work with but we had so much on our own work load til where we could barely help one another
Reviewing Home Owner's Associations on daily basis
Delinquency Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 11, 2015
I review anywhere from 50- 65 Associations each day for account updates, and delinquency.

Updating and maintaining Late Fees, Late interest, and Handling Charges as defined by Associations Collection Policies.
Enjoyable place to work.
Account Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: my co-workers were like family.
Cons: all accounting positions were moved to the corporate office in texas.
I really enjoyed my position with Associa and would have liked to continue my career with them. I had terrific co-workers and learned much over the years.
Great people!
Property Services Director (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: n/a
The people that worked at Associa, are some of the best! wonderful
work environment, best coffee in the world! Miss the people the most.
Great place to work and great company
Manager (Current Employee), Ft. Collins, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great company
There's lots of variety in the job, the leadership and management is exceptional, great benefits such as lots of available time off and funds to use toward education, gym membership and any self improvement and advancement opportunities. The office environment is fun and fast paced, the culture is very friendly, helpful and there's a family spirit. The backgrounds of the employees are very diverse which makes for an interesting culture. Eeveryone works together and is very helpful.
Was a fun place to work
Delinquency clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: gained knowledge in mortgage industry
Cons: the departmet i was in only hired through temp agency
Typical day at work was challeging but you learned a lot
learned a lot
management was great
co workers were great
Enjoy working with the co-workers on our team.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Preparing financial statements for associations for Associa. Reconciling bank statements, and balance sheets. Analyze, prepare, and review budget, revenue, expense, and various journal entries across a broad area of the balance sheet and income statement.
Fast paced/detail and deadline oriented production environment
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches when you are required to do overtime.
Cons: benefits are not good, and raises are hard to come by.
Very busy and fast paced environment.
High attention to detail is very important.
The day goes by incredibly fast as you will find yourself busy everyday.
A lot of overtime (10-11 hour days and some weekends) is required during the billing season. It is nice to have this for the holidays, but can become really exhausting.
The people you work with are fantastic and you can stay busy all day long. There is always something to do.
Very much like a call center enviroment only you are not on the phones. You manage your branches at your computer desk all day.
Accounting Delinquency Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: great facility, 3 o'clock rally
Cons: no stucture, no accountablilty, no goals
Associa was a very predictable work environment, everyday was the same. What I learned most about working at Associa is that I love accountability, structure, challenges, great leadership, policies and procedures for the employees and for the clients in the work place. It makes for a much more calm, productive, and fun workplace. Associa had none of these which made it hard to feel valued. The best part about working with Associa was the 3 o'clock rally, everyone would get up from their desk and participate in hitting a beach ball around the department. It was a great way to break up the day and have interaction with your team members.
It's a good company
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
Typical day at work is extremely busy assisting homeowners via phone calls, emails, and walk-ins. I've learned the property management business. I enjoy my co-workers. I don't talk every single one on a daily basis. I do know each individual's personality so even on a bad day I don't take things personal. The hardest part about the job is having no answer for a client that has been trying to get in contact with upper management and hasn't received any form of contact which is rare. I do come across irate customers and those I actually find as a challenge. My goal is to try to the best of my ability to make them smile. If I've done everything in my will and it doesn't satisfy them, I'll find someone who can. The most enjoyable part of my job on the day to day basis is knowing the client is satisfied with my service.
' My advice do not work for this company!!!
Admin, Lobby clerk and Compliance Coordinator, (Former Employee), MiramarOctober 27, 2014
Cons: upper management is the worst they promote the wrong employees
A typical day at work would consist of not wanting to show up for work do to not getting the respect and dignified treatment I deserve at the work place. My two Co-Workers kept threatening that I was going to be fired and they accomplished that, Everyday these two Co-Workers would harass me, supress me, and tell me what to do. When I would speak to the Ceo about how I was being treated she would side with these employees since there is preference at the company. I forgot to mention that one these employees can't even speak good English and they think she's the best. The Management team is the worst ever they hire unskilled property Managers which is why they have lost tons of properties. One of the Property Managers forgot to turn in a Purchase application to the Board of Directors and she was never reprimanded for this she still works there. I on the other hand had to deal with the applicant showing up at the lobby in an irate state complaining about this.I of course had to resolve the situation on my own. The hardest part of the job was how unfairly I was treated, I was hired as an Administrative Assistant and had several job Titles. I was the Admin, the lobby clerk, and Compliance Coordinator while other employees only had one job Title, I wore many hats was a hard worker but was never appreciated or promoted.
Productive high volume workplace
Accountant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 19, 2014
• Processed Month End closing and reports.
• Setup and maintenance of vendor database.
• Process and fulfill check bill payment.
• Setup and maintenance of vendor filing system.
• Daily interaction with vendors.
• Coordinated approval processes of all accounts payable invoices.
• Coded the general ledger and processed vendor invoice payments.
• Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
• Prepare financial statements and performed monthly variance analysis
Very stressful
Accounts Payable Specialist I (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: cant think of any
Cons: didn't enjoy coming in to work each day
A typical day at work would be very stressfull because management had no people skills and really shouldn't have been put in a management position very poor management
My #1 Recommendation- Do NOT work here
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: workoad, management, senior management, miscommunication, hours, workplace enviroment, negativity, customer unsatisfaction
This was by far the worst work environment I have ever worked in. The management and senior management does not care about their employees. The work load is unreasonable and the pay is not great for the amount or work and time you put in. The office I was in was VERY poor managed and only fills you with empty promises. The training is inadequate, so you are thrown to the wolves. They do not give you resources or tools to help you. Everyone, including senior staff, does not take responsibility for their actions and pushes the blame on other people. The environment is full of negativity and customers are constantly mistreated. It may just have been the office I was in but it was a complete train wreck. The reason why I quit after the short time I was there.
Remarkable
Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: poor upper management, lack of morale
Remarkably terrible. They pay managers a laughable rate for what is expected, and then reduce their pay even more when clients leave - no matter the reason. Do not work here if you need stable income to buy a house, pay rent or buy groceries.

Of course this policy is probably not true for upper management or corporate employees. If you can get one of those jobs, it might be okay.

No stability, no growth potential, no fairness at all.
More effective leadership was needed although there was effort established by the moral committee
Property Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: corporate online training provided
Cons: poor leadership.
There was a lack of proper training in my opinion. Upon becoming a manager, I was told to shadow several other managers who each had their own way of doing things. I understand most do not do the exact same thing, however there should be some set standard. Each manager would tell you the other was doing it wrong. I am capable of using online self training, and that is where I learned the most. I also do not think companies should micromanage, but when tasks have been not taken care of for more than five years, and files hidden away at employee desks for several years. This should be noticed when performance evaluations were given. Although I learned a lot working here; I feel I could have further developed as a manager with better leadership.
I enjoyed the effort that was put forth in having a moral committee that held monthly events for the office. For example, there was trivia day when trivia questions were emailed to everyone, and those who were available to play did. We had a putt putt golf contest during the lunch hours. There were many events, but it created converstation and camaraderie amongst the different departments.
Came looking & left looking in Jesus name Amen!!!
A/R Adj. Clerk (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 28, 2014
Pros: i know a/r adjustments 15 yrs +
Cons: a 10 minute break is to short after hours of sitting
People were brought in in large #'s & were sent out just as fast. Seemed liked a good place to work but they expected more from new people than from themselves.

I know change & I know confusion.
Great coworkers
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLMay 20, 2014
The local office was downsizing and reorganizing. Typical work day was fast paced. Difficult to obtain accurate monthly financials.