Associa

Associa Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Associa is a family company
Community Manager (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free education
Cons: none
Associa Mid-Atlantic is a great Association Management company. The employees are seasoned, the company supports and pays for education. They are family focused and strive for excellence.

If you are looking for an Management Company for your Homeowners Association, consider an Associa Company.
Upper Management, poor life\work balance, communication, communication
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MANAGER (Former Employee), dallas, txJuly 6, 2015
Poor job work\life balance. You will work 70 hours a week, poor compensation, lack of communication within company. The most enjoyable part was working with the other employees.
Industry Leaders
Portfolio Community Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great co workers
Cons: Associa
Extremely demanding, minimal upper management support.Accounting department is undergoing a revamoping which is creating unsurmountable demands on the Managers.
Manager of Billing Specialist and Mail Team
Manager - Shared Service Center (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 28, 2015
• Developed procedures for recurring, special assessment and utility billing.
• Manage coupon billing process.
• Work with other leaders inside the shared service center on billing concerns.
Continue employee support throughout the company
H.O.A. Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, treats, siminars
Cons: Long hours
Always a pleasure to walk into to work daily. Co-workers work together as a team with a lot of positive inputs on any situation that comes up with home owners or board members. Upper management treats all the co-workers with kindness and is there first to help out on what is needed. Providing education on current trends and laws.
Great Company
Delinquency Clerk (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: too far, whole building 8-5
delinquencies send out letters on cutoff dates
hoa and how they are similar to mortgage
great management
great people
learning new branches may be the hardest part of the job
love the comfort I have with the company
Co-Workers are Great!
Accounting Clerk/Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers are helpful & work together well.
Cons: Need better Healthcare benefits
A lot of software that you work with that is good to have. Learn a lot from other co-workers that makes it a great place to work at.
laid back
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
the company needed to be improved by the way we process the invoices...
I learned that working for a new department is not an easy task
my co-workers were okay to work with but we had so much on our own work load til where we could barely help one another
Reviewing Home Owner's Associations on daily basis
Delinquency Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 11, 2015
I review anywhere from 50- 65 Associations each day for account updates, and delinquency.

Updating and maintaining Late Fees, Late interest, and Handling Charges as defined by Associations Collection Policies.
Enjoyable place to work.
Account Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: my co-workers were like family.
Cons: all accounting positions were moved to the corporate office in texas.
I really enjoyed my position with Associa and would have liked to continue my career with them. I had terrific co-workers and learned much over the years.
Great people!
Property Services Director (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: n/a
The people that worked at Associa, are some of the best! wonderful
work environment, best coffee in the world! Miss the people the most.
Great place to work and great company
Manager (Current Employee), Ft. Collins, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great company
There's lots of variety in the job, the leadership and management is exceptional, great benefits such as lots of available time off and funds to use toward education, gym membership and any self improvement and advancement opportunities. The office environment is fun and fast paced, the culture is very friendly, helpful and there's a family spirit. The backgrounds of the employees are very diverse which makes for an interesting culture. Eeveryone works together and is very helpful.
Was a fun place to work
Delinquency clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: gained knowledge in mortgage industry
Cons: the departmet i was in only hired through temp agency
Typical day at work was challeging but you learned a lot
learned a lot
management was great
co workers were great
Enjoy working with the co-workers on our team.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Preparing financial statements for associations for Associa. Reconciling bank statements, and balance sheets. Analyze, prepare, and review budget, revenue, expense, and various journal entries across a broad area of the balance sheet and income statement.
Fast paced/detail and deadline oriented production environment
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches when you are required to do overtime.
Cons: benefits are not good, and raises are hard to come by.
Very busy and fast paced environment.
High attention to detail is very important.
The day goes by incredibly fast as you will find yourself busy everyday.
A lot of overtime (10-11 hour days and some weekends) is required during the billing season. It is nice to have this for the holidays, but can become really exhausting.
The people you work with are fantastic and you can stay busy all day long. There is always something to do.
Very much like a call center enviroment only you are not on the phones. You manage your branches at your computer desk all day.
Accounting Delinquency Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: great facility, 3 o'clock rally
Cons: no stucture, no accountablilty, no goals
Associa was a very predictable work environment, everyday was the same. What I learned most about working at Associa is that I love accountability, structure, challenges, great leadership, policies and procedures for the employees and for the clients in the work place. It makes for a much more calm, productive, and fun workplace. Associa had none of these which made it hard to feel valued. The best part about working with Associa was the 3 o'clock rally, everyone would get up from their desk and participate in hitting a beach ball around the department. It was a great way to break up the day and have interaction with your team members.
It's a good company
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
Typical day at work is extremely busy assisting homeowners via phone calls, emails, and walk-ins. I've learned the property management business. I enjoy my co-workers. I don't talk every single one on a daily basis. I do know each individual's personality so even on a bad day I don't take things personal. The hardest part about the job is having no answer for a client that has been trying to get in contact with upper management and hasn't received any form of contact which is rare. I do come across irate customers and those I actually find as a challenge. My goal is to try to the best of my ability to make them smile. If I've done everything in my will and it doesn't satisfy them, I'll find someone who can. The most enjoyable part of my job on the day to day basis is knowing the client is satisfied with my service.
' My advice do not work for this company!!!
Admin, Lobby clerk and Compliance Coordinator, (Former Employee), MiramarOctober 27, 2014
Cons: upper management is the worst they promote the wrong employees
A typical day at work would consist of not wanting to show up for work do to not getting the respect and dignified treatment I deserve at the work place. My two Co-Workers kept threatening that I was going to be fired and they accomplished that, Everyday these two Co-Workers would harass me, supress me, and tell me what to do. When I would speak to the Ceo about how I was being treated she would side with these employees since there is preference at the company. I forgot to mention that one these employees can't even speak good English and they think she's the best. The Management team is the worst ever they hire unskilled property Managers which is why they have lost tons of properties. One of the Property Managers forgot to turn in a Purchase application to the Board of Directors and she was never reprimanded for this she still works there. I on the other hand had to deal with the applicant showing up at the lobby in an irate state complaining about this.I of course had to resolve the situation on my own. The hardest part of the job was how unfairly I was treated, I was hired as an Administrative Assistant and had several job Titles. I was the Admin, the lobby clerk, and Compliance Coordinator while other employees only had one job Title, I wore many hats was a hard worker but was never appreciated or promoted.
Productive high volume workplace
Accountant (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 19, 2014
• Processed Month End closing and reports.
• Setup and maintenance of vendor database.
• Process and fulfill check bill payment.
• Setup and maintenance of vendor filing system.
• Daily interaction with vendors.
• Coordinated approval processes of all accounts payable invoices.
• Coded the general ledger and processed vendor invoice payments.
• Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
• Prepare financial statements and performed monthly variance analysis
Very stressful
Accounts Payable Specialist I (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: cant think of any
Cons: didn't enjoy coming in to work each day
A typical day at work would be very stressfull because management had no people skills and really shouldn't have been put in a management position very poor management