Associa Employee Reviews

Run away fast
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2016
Upper management has no clue what happens down in the trenches. Communication both within departments and with upper management is nearly non-existent.

Compensation is well below industry average, raises are a pittance. Benefits cost a small fortune. 4 Pillars are just corporate speak. Employee morale continues to decline. Values - Integrity, that's a laugh. Management treats employees like worker bees - drones who must be told what to do, when to attend meetings.

No one is truly accountable for their work, forcing real work on those of us who used to have a vested interest in the company. Sad to see a company happily let professional experienced knowledgeable people leave.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Expensive benefits, low salaries, poor communication, lack of accountability
Great work place with a great staff and culture
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 18, 2016
Company is a great place to gain experience. Work is fast paced but has a good balance so that you are not completely overwhelmed. First 2 weeks of the month are the busiest having to complete financials for clients. The last 2 weeks of the month are a bit more laid back with working more on cleaning up financials and researching numerous items to make the financials better. Compensation is low for the industry but it is enough to live on.
Pros
Good management looking for ways to make employees happier
Cons
Pay is low
More interested in monetary gain than actual property management.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 5, 2016
Like children managing property. The clientele was exceptional. Doctors, Lawyers, Realtors, a handful a billionaires that you would know through Google. Always treating you with respect. But when simple problems arose within the building they would go on for years and never be solved. Although I enjoyed working there for many years, I think the hardest part of the job was predicting how management/staff would fail at particular situations and not being able to stop it simple because the attitude of change is a four letter word.
Pros
Christmas Bonus. Free 5 star homade meals from residents. Safe area for a downtown location.
Poor company
Current (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2016
This is by far the worst company I've worked for. Let me start by saying the management is a complete waste of time. They have no idea what they are doing its like the blind leading the blind. The benefits are a JOKE its impossible to afford it on such a ridiculously low salary and they say their competive. I would like to know their idea of competive. So take my advice look else where they dont invest in the employee and its ran by who your in a click with...... NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK......
Pros
Cons
The way the company is ran... Poorly
Okay place to work
A/R Receipts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 23, 2016
The job itself is easy. Management and the processes they try to implement is what makes it harder than what it has to be. Other than that the people are nice and welcoming.
Pros
job is pretty easy
Associa
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 22, 2016
HOA property management company in Richardson Tx work schedule 8 to 5 co workers were great very helpful and friendly great training courses offered thru Richland College
Great place to gain experience.
A/R Receipt Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 24, 2016
It is great place to gain experience . I have learned many things from management to the clients Associa manages. The most enjoyable part of the job are the different personality we have in one work area.
Associa is not a good place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
Associa is not a well run company.They are so focused on acquiring new companies to make more money that they have forgotten about having well run existing companies. In addition, they do a poor job managing money and planning their projects.

One of Associa's core values and principles "that Associa holds the most dear, both as individuals and as one Associa" includes:
FAMILY SPIRIT -"We are a family. We treat each other with kindness, respect, and encouragement".

This is a complete joke. Associa does not treat it's employees like family (maybe the favorites but that's a small group). The leaders exclude team members, especially if one of the favorites didn't recommend you to get hired and layoffs are almost a common day occurrence.

If you are a company that gets acquired by Associa be prepared to job search. They will likely lay off most the staff to bring them into the Client Shared Service Center. Which is also a mess.

I'll sum it up by saying if you are thinking about working here think long and hard before deciding. You better have a friend who is already working there who is close with the higher ups so that you can be a part of the in crowd (and not be first in line for being laidoff) or don't bother working here.
Pros
decent work life balance
Cons
favortism, incompetent leadership
Decent work place
Accounting Delinquency Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 7, 2016
They are a growing company still trying to work out some issues and working on a trail and error basis. There isn't room for advancement in the company.
Great place to work and great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COJanuary 18, 2015
There's lots of variety in the job, the leadership and management is exceptional, great benefits such as lots of available time off and funds to use toward education, gym membership and any self improvement and advancement opportunities. The office environment is fun and fast paced, the culture is very friendly, helpful and there's a family spirit. The backgrounds of the employees are very diverse which makes for an interesting culture. Eeveryone works together and is very helpful.
Pros
great company
Associa is a good place and environment to work at.
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 8, 2016
I enjoy working there and plus it is where I learned most of my accounting skills. Associa is like a family. I learned how to produce a financial report and how to interpret them. I have a good coworker.
good hours; work with minimum supervision
Delinquency Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
started with refreshing all accounts for billing homeowners association fees, checking status of delinquency,

documenting accts, sending out billing notices, past due notices, filing liens, releasing liens, etc.

management was very laid back as long as you got your work done.

it was a small group and we all supported one another.

hardest part of the day was some typing out the liens after doing a few of them you really have to focus to make sure you were typing in the correct info because it was being recorded with the county.

best part of the day was the daily meetings when we all got to express our opinions and ideas.
Pros
good hours; good pay
Cons
far from home.
A company that is all about being family oriented and advancing high
A/R Settlements Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work is laid back but productive
I learn more everyday varying in all departments
My team is a team of encouragement
Hardest part of work is crunch time
Enjoyable part of work is just being here cause I love what I do
The Walmart of Homeowner Associations...
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 11, 2016
If you want a life, don't work here. Associa only cares about their bottom line, not the employee. Not well respected by homeowners or employees.
Pros
Cons
workload increases regularly with no pay, poor morale
Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, WAJune 6, 2016
I enjoyed the work being responsible for all maintenance aspects of the entire Condominium. I overhauled all equipment to insure all machinery and systems were working properly,
Pros
Cons
Hours
No work/life balance, very poor management
accounting (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 15, 2016
the company does not have good procedures and seems like management trying to improve things, However do not know how.
Very unhealthy environment and very unfriendly
No advancement as promised
Accounts Receipts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 17, 2016
Managers don't care personally , all they care for is to meet quotas and numbers and to close end of month asap. You won't be moved up bc they prefer to hire outside help.
Worst company I have ever work for.
AR (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 15, 2016
Worst company to work for. Benefits are a JOKE! There is no structure, and the CEO is the one responsible for all this, his own son left the company.
Nice co-workers
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 29, 2015
No flex hours, high turn over. Pay or benefits aren't good. Job was suppose to be temp to perm after 90 days, but it's been 6 months and I still temp.
Continue employee support throughout the company
H.O.A. Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
Always a pleasure to walk into to work daily. Co-workers work together as a team with a lot of positive inputs on any situation that comes up with home owners or board members. Upper management treats all the co-workers with kindness and is there first to help out on what is needed. Providing education on current trends and laws.
Pros
Free lunches, treats, siminars

2.8