Associa Employee Reviews

Horrible working environment
Lifestyle Director (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SC11 July 2017
Do not work for associa. Regional manager is awful, no support and do not care about the employees at all. Over worked, no training, no support a figure it out for yourself work load. Then after the fact you did it wrong when asking for the direction to go, no input. Then at the end getting yelled at for doing it wrong. No direction, no support from community management high turn over of all staff. Run, do not work for associa at all!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Horrible company to work for.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 July 2017
Very expensive healthcare, upper management will not progress, need to be removed, if you want to move up and get certifications, the company will not pay - they charge you and take it from your last paycheck if you proceed with the certifications and then leave prior to two years. Upper management is not listening. Definite structural, ethical and organizational problems. CEO needs to take a closer look at each individual office within the company and make it possible to speak with employees one-to-one. Surveys will tell you nothing.
Pros
Lots of sweets provided by vendors.
Cons
Expensive Healthcare, Bad Upper Management, Low Pay, No upward mobility within the company.
Associa..
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CA 945836 July 2017
A place that started my HOA career, a place I once enjoyed working at, a place I will never work at again. I switched offices, cities, sister companies, it was all the same. Felt like puppets who didn't know what they were doing or what any of the employees actually did.
Lack of opportunities for an Administrator
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX23 June 2017
All I can say about Associa is that company is Not for me. No opportunities for me here. Nowhere for me to grow and advance what I've learned in school.
Pros
Free lunch sometime
Cons
Healthcare is too much and no real match on 401K
It's all about good people
Client Accountant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI22 June 2017
My personal experience at Associa has been great! If they have had problems in the past, things have definitely changed. They have gone through a couple acquisitions and/or mergers. Anyone who has experienced that knows it comes with some growing pains. I enjoy coming into the office in the morning to see my co-workers. People overall seem happy in the work environment. Property management can be a unique industry. There are always a number of improvements that need to be made. I feel like my co-workers not only have a true desire to uphold a standard of excellence, they really want to help each other. When I'm trying to find a solution to a problem, there is always someone to ask who can help you get up to speed. There are plenty of resources to get the job done.

I was given weeks of training prior to taking on my own portfiolio. My training was with almost everyone around the accounting department. That way I not only got a full circle point of view, I also had a personal introduction to each employee which was a great ice breaker. Each and every employee that I sat with made me feel welcomed.

It's the other little things that I have noticed that really matter. They do employee breakfasts every other Friday. They do potlucks sometimes. On Thursday we have a party planned with catered food and drinks to have a little bit of fun with the people you work with.

The office is located on Bishop street. The office is very nice with hardwood floor lobby and tasteful decor. It's very clean and modern inside. It's convenient to bus lines. There is a gym
  more... next door and tons of lunch options. There are also two nice break rooms with plenty of refridgerator space. ;-)

The company has a generous PTO policy, health benefits, dental, and 401k.
Pros
Very Pleasant Co-Workers, Free Parking or Bus Pass
Cons
Standardization from Acquisitions a work in process
Productive work placve
Accounting, File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver West Lakewood Colo17 June 2017
Filing for several months. Was able to advance to depositing payments while continuing to file.

I got my own office and was advancing to accounting.
Plenty of Events Undercover Boss for one.
Accounting Mail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX16 June 2017
I love it here at associa all upper managers are AWESOME love them all down to earth people. Very detail orientate. We work for HOA's/Manage there communities.
Pros
Something is always happens at Associa plenty of fun, games events
Cons
Short breaks.
Worst place to work
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX10 June 2017
Worst place to work,
no respect to employee,
terrible supervision.
Too much work loads and asking too many task same time.
Lowest paying in Dallas area.
Pros
Cons
Too much stress
Stressful and Unprofessional
Financial Accounting Advocate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX31 May 2017
Started out being an awesome company to work for, but after changing management so many times it went down.Everything is unprofessional from HR down to the Directors.
Sweeping and mopping hall ways all day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX15 May 2017
Working for associates horrible. management has pending lawsuit against him also has a few pending cases wrongful termination pending against main manager there. Extremely horrible place to work for
Pros
Cons
They Are A Con Company

Want to know more about Associa?

Ask a question
Horrible management and Terrible pay
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX9 May 2017
Executives are a joke. Employees are not treated well. They lie to employees to get them to stay. The pay is ridiculous. Turnover is high because of the work environment. And corporate isn't willing to step in and deal with executives.
Benefits
Cons
Executives, pay, morale
Poor Training, lack of upper management support
Licensed CAM Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL2 May 2017
60 to 70 hour work week to attempt to reach the unrealistic demands. High turnover, lack of proper training and communication.
Associa has too many processes to do one simple task. The lack of support from upper management and internal staff will set you up to fail from day 1.
Pros
Autonomy, Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Support, Lack of Communication, Unrealistic Expectations
Massive amount of work
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 April 2017
Overworked, Underpayed, Political Management, Stressful Work Environment. I am now going to fill this space with extra characters so I can move on from this.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
Everything Else
Stressful
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX19 April 2017
I had to drive for about 1-2 hours to a different work site each day only to work at that place for 2-3 hours, using my vehicle that gas was never paid for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Relocating constantly
Challenging
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  West Coast15 April 2017
the workload is very heavy carrying interim accounts which never is transitioned. The employees work very hard to meet unrealistic goals trying to help the branch stay afloat.
You need to be independent to learn the procedures as training is limited
the most enjoyable part of this job working with a huge variety of personalities.
Pros
People here work very hard evan with the stress level
Cons
advancement is limited
great work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI28 March 2017
I only worked here as a temp but they welcomed me as if i were a full timer. The work is easy to learn and they were always willing to assist me if i had any questions to perform better
Very family oriented, very helpful
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IN22 March 2017
I really like this job, it does have some very long hours though, overall this company is a very good company to work for. The President is an awesome person and would love to continue to work for her and my senior manager. The atmosphere Is awesome but its very time consuming and with me having a family it's sometimes hard to balance work and home life
Pros
Good Salary, very friendly enviroment
Cons
VERY VERY LONG hours 60 hours sometimes a week
Every Day a New Crisis
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX5 March 2017
Management comes and goes too frequently. No chance of getting any consistent management guidance. BIG turnover in hourly staff. My department averages one person leaves 3 out of 4 weeks a month and it has been like that for almost 2 years. Health benefits and time off is a joke. Pay is way below average for type of work performed.
Cons
Don't apply at Associa
Not a good company
Delinquency Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX27 February 2017
The company cannot get its act together. They lose money every month, change management every few months, a lot of drama and chaos in the company and that is not good. They do not pay much but they expect you to do the work of a CEO or Executive, and no, they do not train very much at all.

I worked there for one year and it is not a professional company at all.
I was really disappointed in the things I witnessed there.

Not a good company at all.
Pros
Are there any?
Cons
No comment
Too focused on growing the company, not enough on paying the bills
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI23 February 2017
Very little training or avenues to solicit help. Benefits are beyond terrible and completely unaffordable anyway. It all feels like a big fleecing of each individual association. Stop aquiring smaller companies and ruining their reputations by not paying the bills in a timely manor and figure out how to roll out new programs in a more logical fashion. Good luck finding vendors who want to work with Associa.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Lots of evening meetings, low pay, horrible benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Associa. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7