Assa Abloy

Assa Abloy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great pay, good benefits, rough working environment
Bander/ Counter (Former Employee), Mason City, IAOctober 16, 2014
Daily banding and counting of steel door frames, or other assigned duties. Always given instructions if needed for task and great teamwork.
Summary
IT Consultant/Specialist (Former Employee), Praha, STSeptember 30, 2014
Unhealthy working environment, due large corporation, very unpersonal, very unreasonably competitive, good people, failing middle management
Good Company
Commodity Manager - NPD (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2014
Good working environment.
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good Atmosphere.
Production Operative (Current Employee), Cheltenham, ENGJune 23, 2014
Get to work and talk to my co-workers a little, then when the job starts i work on a machine until lunch, after lunch im back to the machine until i leave, but i enjoy this. Its very hard and it tiring but i have learnt alot while in this job and meet a lot of nice people. The management are great and uderstanding.
Work environment
Employed (Current Employee), USAMay 13, 2014
Not conducive for women. Very inappropriate employees and management.
Awesome company!
Warehouse Associate I (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2014
Great pay, great management. Overall and awesome job! Packing shipping, loading up trucks. Had lots of overtime!
Called on customers for past due accounts.
Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great lunch outings.
Cons: poor mgt.
Contacted customers for past due accounts, applied payments, set up new accounts. Worked closely with sales department.

The hardest part of the job was resolving internal issues.
Great company to work for!!
Buyer (Current Employee), Phoenix AZDecember 23, 2013
There really isn't a typical work day in purchasing. What I've learned is to as long as I'm learning everything will be ok. Management is great! My co-workers are awesome, very helpful. The hardest part of my job is learning all the products & suppliers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning different things that make me a more efficient buyer.
A good workplace!
Financial Assistant (Current Employee), Eskilstuna, SwedenAugust 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be helping custoners, having a lot of mail conversations and phone, i have learned to handle a lot of stress, i have a big responsibility regarding payables and receivebles. We have the month-End that is really stressfull but i love it!
Bad Work Environment
Admin (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2013
Pros: descent benefits and paid time off.
Cons: inexperienced management, difficult work environment, no team structure
The vision for new product development and innovation are highly lacking at this company. A small business management platform has had to adapt to a new corporate work environment and the existing management team doesn’t have the now how or experience, after many years of trying, to succeed. This makes the work environment very difficult for non-management – more... employees. As a result most projects that individuals of groups work on are set up for failure from the beginning. – less
team work, great work place
wharehouse operative (Current Employee), wolverhamptonMay 21, 2013
Cons: alternative shifts
working at assa abloy was great the workforce was strong and i learned a lot about distribution.everyone worked as a team and helped each other out .
I learnt how to manage stock , goods coming in and replenishing.the hardest part of the job was when i had to help someone else on there section while i had to do my days work aswel.
the most enjoyable – more... part of the day was completing my days duties and goals and having a luagh with co-workers at the same time it was great fun and i loved the job. – less

July 3, 2013

hi, how can I apply job in this company?

high stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCApril 29, 2013
Very stressful work atmosphere. Training good but does not set you for answering questions because the answer always changes. Too difficult. The CSR's that knew what they were doing did not explain how they knew, they just said it will take time.
Ok to work for, issues with injuries
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Kent, WAApril 25, 2013
I worked with metal fabrication, grinding and welding metal doors for factories. I liked my co-workers, and loved working with metal.
Freindly office enviroment
Commericail collections (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 17, 2013
Pros: open lunch room
Cons: healthcare
They really help you get acclimated with the company and good work ethics.
Really bad for an engineer
Engineer (Current Employee), StockholmMarch 13, 2013
It's a company with too many managers and layers. As an engineer you will have at least 4 or 5 useless people in between the other engineer you want to talk to.
Managers are quite old and not very dynamic... they gather in meetings and special events, talk about how Lean and Agile they are but in reality, everything is top-down and as an engineer you – more... will just end up being a code monkey for a bunch of managers who will dictate how to do your work.
In most companies, a good engineer will graduate and become a manager but this company won't give you any opportunities like this, even if you are good at what you are doing.
Assa Abloy stayed stuck in the last century, selling you their cash cow products and failing at innovation. – less
Good working environment, great people to work with and sometimes free food at the canteen.
Process worker (Former Employee), Melbourne VictoriaNovember 22, 2012
Pros: sometimes free lunches and the fact you meet new people and plus a great pay rate.
Cons: repetitiveness on a daily basis but i didn't mind i could handle it, hard work is hard work.
7am start
Start straight away on stock that was just delivered then start unloading them. Take out all stock sort then out where what goes and who it goes to and such which is all locks and blunt keys.. After thats done some general cleaning duties like sweeping floors and cleaning machinery for the workers before there used while i wait for all the – more... keys to get cut and the locks to be fitted. After all keys are cut id assemble them back into a box and send them on their way to the customer who had ordered them. So id start again till i finished work around 4-4:30pm

Management is great, they helped me out a lot when i was training and they were patient with me which i was quite happy about.

The hardest part of the job was the repetitive duties which i didn't mind but i had my days but money is money.

Enjoyable part was i made friends there for life i could say and our work parties were great – less
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2012
BUILDED ELECTRICAL LOCK LEARNED HOW TO WIRE LOCK AND ASSEMBLE THEM SUPERVISOR WERE NOT AS PROFESSIONAL CO-WORKERS WERE NICE BUT TO MUCH GOSSIPPING WORK WAS NOT HARD AT ALL I ENJOYED MEETING NEW ASSOCIATES
A fantastic place to work!
Architectural Consultant (Former Employee), West coast-FloridaJuly 16, 2012
Pros: great benefits, training, company car and expense account
Cons: it was cut short by the economic downturn
ASSA ABLOY is an outstanding company with excellent corporate goals, management, and trained personnel to handle their career. While employed with them, I realized my full potential by being allowed to use my creativity to expand our cuastomer base within my territory. This was enjoyable and made my career with them my most memorable thus far.
Fun workplace where employees get together for after hour activities.
Technical Support / RMA (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 8, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, family first
Cons: team work, training
A great place to work if you love change. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone on the same page. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Prettige werksfeer met fijne collega's
Projectleider (Current Employee), HeerhugowaardMarch 7, 2014
Mijn werkzaamheden staan wat verder weg van de techniek. Ik ben voor 80% bezig met het leiden van een supply chain project. Ook een leuke uitdaging waarbij ik in korte tijd veel ervaring heb opgedaan met betrekking tot logistieke processen.