ASSA ABLOY HOSPITALITY Employee Reviews

Amazing
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX20 July 2017
An amazing internship opportunity with a global leader. I learned so many valuable skills that I will use post-graduation. The people were so nice and I loved the atmosphere.
Working for AssaAbloy as an Independent Contractor
Certified Independent Installer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX 7508123 June 2017
It was very hard to rate AssaAbloy as I am an independent contractor and install locking systems in various hotels across the country. There was no specific type of environment or management as it changed with every job. The only time I was required to go to AssaAbloy's office was for certification.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Being away for long stretches at a time.
The hard working survive, this is not for the faint of heart.
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX27 May 2017
Great place to work, always working, never a moment of boredom. I was able to advance my skills in accounting here and will continue to use these later. I was fortunate to have a great boss and a great relationship. She is very straight-forward but also understand that we are all human beings and not robots. As long as you do what you they hired you for and are open to learning opportunities then this would be a great fit.
Structured enviorment
Technical Support Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX6 February 2017
A typical work day is very focused on the needs of the customer. I learned how to apply myself to reach specific goals and assign tasks that needed to be completed by a certain time. Workplace culture leaves you on edge. The hardest part of the job is management and the constant policy changes that occur. The most enjoyable part of the job is figuring out a problem and hearing the relief from the customer when their problem is solved.
Benefits
Cons
Upper Level Management
Professional Workplace
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 February 2017
Assa Abloy Hospitality provides a professional workplace environment that allows a sales/business development professional to work independently.
watch out if management changes
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX20 June 2016
Watch out if management changes. No loyalty for a job well done. No security. Very over demanding job performance expected.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
the work culture
assa abloy review
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX9 April 2015
work day is always hectic troubleshooting issues
what i learned from this job is a lot about the hospitality industry
management constantly changes so no real direction in that area
co-workers are great bunch to work with
hardest part of job was the real long complex problems that can take hours to fix
most enjoyable part of the job was the first call resolutions
Pros
atmosphere is great
Cons
management direction for company is lacking
Dead End, Balky Products and No life
Field Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX2 May 2014
I worked there for two years and from day one felt the lack of communication inside the Company. When I interviewed fro the position they promised I'd be a regional tech and 80% travel. Not only did I not work regionally, I was sent all over North America and travel is 100%. Talk about no-life.

They also compel you to go through administrative torture to get your expenses paid. It can take hours to do an expense report and they insist on having the paper receipts instead of allowing scanned receipts like any company operating in the 21st century. As a result of having to use snail-mail, re-reimbursements can be delayed resulting in past due notices. Why they even saddle their remote workers with this is beyond me. Most other companies have a better way.

You're fellow Field Engineers are OK it is just you practically never see them after you complete the initial training period. Fair enough I suppose.

Their products are balky and they make all kinds of promises to their customers that are less, shall I say, than the truth. Their Project Managers can often be un-responsive or try to shove their responsibilities onto you as much as they can get away with. As a result of all this, I frequently found myself arriving at a site and immediately confronted with unhappy to, at times, irate customers. Still at other times, I'd arrive onsite and no one was expecting me because of the poor communication rampant inside the company or there was nothing for me to do because of lack of the parts. Learn the word back-ordered because you'll be hearing it a lot should you unfortunately
  more... find yourself in their employ.

Management is populated by hacks and the support when you are out there in the field leaves much to be desired. Even to the point that some customers picked up on it. Career growth is a non-starter as what you do on the first day on the job is what you'll be doing forever. Overall, not the most satisfying place to earn your keep and considering all the stress, aggravation and lack of a home life, the compensation is less than adequate. There is better out there so keep looking.
Pros
Diverse workplace, healthcare
Cons
stress, dead end job, work load, perplexing scheduling, poor management and pay not commensurate with sacrifice
Great company
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX25 November 2013
Great job culture. Management is accessible.
Work life balance. Friendly co-workers.
Fast paced
Field Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, Texas2 August 2013
I schedule installers to install our product on hotel doors and/or universities.
we are more productive when we work together as a team.
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL14 July 2013
A typical day is inspecting material in preparing them to be received from vendors. The hardest part of the job is to learn all the parts that are going to be stock in the warehouse for inventory, manage your time for receiving/shipping with your co-worker working side by side to see which department needs more help.
Very poor work experience.
RMA Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 7508119 June 2012
Took me on with the promise of getting $2000 for hiring and training me for the job. No structured training. Best efforts to train me by my colleagues but workload meant they could not give their best. Supervisor always busy and rarely available for training or advice. Very much a teach yourself environment with little or no imformation to consult in that capacity. Was given an important upgrade job with very little training (no one knew what they were doing). However picked up what I believed was the process through repetition. 3 months into the job and 6500 units "completed"......I was informed that I was only doing about 75% of the job. A test rig was available to complete the job but only available to Tech Support not to me, so I ask for one and was told it was not my job and my request was denied. I finished the project at 75%.
From that point on things went from bad to worse to the point that my dedication and work ethic appeared to be translated into trouble making and ultimately it became impossible for me to work there and I was forced to quit.
To add to the situation the company told the Unemployment Benefits office that I was thoroughly trained and benefits were denied. Been an uphill struggle ever since.
Pros
not too bad a wage.
Cons
poor lower management.
Fast Paced Environment
Technical Support Agent II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, Tx21 February 2012
The culture is highly structured with an emphasis on learning and growing willing employees.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
highly structured