ASSA ABLOY HOSPITALITY

ASSA ABLOY HOSPITALITY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dead End, Balky Products and No life
Field Network Engineer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: diverse workplace, healthcare
Cons: stress, dead end job, work load, perplexing scheduling, poor management and pay not commensurate with sacrifice
I worked there for two years and from day one felt the lack of communication inside the Company. When I interviewed fro the position they promised I'd be a regional tech and 80% travel. Not only did I not work regionally, I was sent all over North America and travel is 100%. Talk about no-life.

They also compel you to go through administrative torture to get your expenses paid. It can take hours to do an expense report and they insist on having the paper receipts instead of allowing scanned receipts like any company operating in the 21st century. As a result of having to use snail-mail, re-reimbursements can be delayed resulting in past due notices. Why they even saddle their remote workers with this is beyond me. Most other companies have a better way.

You're fellow Field Engineers are OK it is just you practically never see them after you complete the initial training period. Fair enough I suppose.

Their products are balky and they make all kinds of promises to their customers that are less, shall I say, than the truth. Their Project Managers can often be un-responsive or try to shove their responsibilities onto you as much as they can get away with. As a result of all this, I frequently found myself arriving at a site and immediately confronted with unhappy to, at times, irate customers. Still at other times, I'd arrive onsite and no one was expecting me because of the poor communication rampant inside the company or there was nothing for me to do because of lack of the parts. Learn the word back-ordered because you'll be hearing it a lot should you unfortunately find – more... yourself in their employ.

Management is populated by hacks and the support when you are out there in the field leaves much to be desired. Even to the point that some customers picked up on it. Career growth is a non-starter as what you do on the first day on the job is what you'll be doing forever. Overall, not the most satisfying place to earn your keep and considering all the stress, aggravation and lack of a home life, the compensation is less than adequate. There is better out there so keep looking. – less
Great company
Contracts Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 25, 2013
Great job culture. Management is accessible.
Work life balance. Friendly co-workers.
Fast paced
Field Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Richardson, TexasAugust 2, 2013
I schedule installers to install our product on hotel doors and/or universities.
we are more productive when we work together as a team.
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2013
A typical day is inspecting material in preparing them to be received from vendors. The hardest part of the job is to learn all the parts that are going to be stock in the warehouse for inventory, manage your time for receiving/shipping with your co-worker working side by side to see which department needs more help.
Very poor work experience.
RMA Technician (Former Employee), Richardson, TX 75081June 19, 2012
Pros: not too bad a wage.
Cons: poor lower management.
Took me on with the promise of getting $2000 for hiring and training me for the job. No structured training. Best efforts to train me by my colleagues but workload meant they could not give their best. Supervisor always busy and rarely available for training or advice. Very much a teach yourself environment with little or no imformation to consult in that capacity. Was given an important upgrade job with very little training (no one knew what they were doing). However picked up what I believed was the process through repetition. 3 months into the job and 6500 units "completed"......I was informed that I was only doing about 75% of the job. A test rig was available to complete the job but only available to Tech Support not to me, so I ask for one and was told it was not my job and my request was denied. I finished the project at 75%.
From that point on things went from bad to worse to the point that my dedication and work ethic appeared to be translated into trouble making and ultimately it became impossible for me to work there and I was forced to quit.
To add to the situation the company told the Unemployment Benefits office that I was thoroughly trained and benefits were denied. Been an uphill struggle ever since.
Fast Paced Environment
Technical Support Agent II (Former Employee), Richardson, TxFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: highly structured
The culture is highly structured with an emphasis on learning and growing willing employees.