Aspin Kemp & Associates (AKA) is a systems integration company specializing in engineering solutions primarily for the marine and offshore oil and gas industries. Our capabilities include the development, application, management, support, maintenance and documentation of multiple integrated electrical systems within an installation.
AKA is also the developer and manufacturer of the world’s first hybrid energy management system for tugboats.
Established in 1996 with headquarters in Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada, AKA operates internationally with offices in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; Stratford, Prince Edward Island; Saint John, New Brunswick, and Singapore. Our highly skilled team is dedicated to developing and delivering leading edge technologies and cost-effective applications to our worldwide client base.
AKA has developed a unique and industry acclaimed documentation model. We are actively seeking an experienced technical writer to be part of our specialized documentation team. This position will work alongside our electrical systems integration team in the development of system specific structured documentation. In line with our model for operator oriented documentation the Technical Writer will consider the user’s environment in preparing products which are self-instructional in nature. Utilizing sophisticated authoring software, the Technical Writer will develop documentation which can be delivered both traditionally (paper) and electronically.
Education and Experience:
- Considerable experience working with electrical systems.
- A strong understanding of the value of good documentation.
- Ability to develop accurate and comprehensible technical documentation.
- Develop content for functional descriptions and design verification test procedures from electrical schematic drawings.
- Proven ability to review material/information consistently and thoroughly, ensuring high standards of accuracy and completeness, with attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills with proficiency in grammar, spelling and simple language use.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficient at the advanced level in the use of MS Office Products.
If you have proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, strong organizational and time management skills, are a self-motivated team player and have the enthusiasm and capabilities to meet the challenges this opportunity provides, please email your resume in confidence. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, but only those under consideration will be contacted.