We are looking for technical writer to work within our documentation team. This position will be based out of Stratford, Prince Edward Island and will be responsible for the development, implementation and administration of AKA’s strategies; ensuring that documentation is well defined and within the project’s scope, budget and schedule.
Education and experience should include:
- Diploma in electrical technology or a related field, or a combination of education and experience suitable to the position.
- Knowledge of document control and topic based authoring procedures.
- Ability to develop accurate and comprehensible technical documentation.
- Proven ability to review material/information consistently and thoroughly, ensuring high standards of accuracy and completeness, with attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills with proficiency in grammar, spelling and simple language use.
- Effective communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Proficient at the advanced level in the use of MS Office Products.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining content management system, revision control and master documents.
- Responding to engineering change notices, updating content management system, master and controlled documents when drawings are revised.
- Maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing structure for content, documents, drawings, calculations, reports, vendor data, and certifications.
- Ensuring all content and documents are current.
- Ensuring company quality procedures are followed.
If you have proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, strong organizational and time management skills, are a self motivated team player and have the enthusiasm and capabilities to meet the challenges this opportunity provides, please email your resume and cover letter.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard