AspenClean Employee Reviews

Bad hours and bad pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
This company isn't any different from other cleaning companies out there. It is disorganized, with bad hours and no benefits. Sometimes you meet good people but most of the time you don't, when some good hours present themselves, which are far and few in between, you are worked to the bone. And don't even think about staying long here because they just have a revolving door, nobody wants to stay because the job is bad.Do yourselves a favour and don't even think of working here.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, no hours, bad work environment from management down
family environment
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
excellent people to work with

a regular work day started at 7.30 am where we would have our morning meeting at the office

then the manager would assign our teams and give out the work orders for the day

the jobs could be 5 jobs for one hour each or 2 jobs for 3 or more hours

we would then pack our supplies and drive to the clients home
Awesome place to work!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
Though I have only been at AspenClean for about 6 months, I can honestly say it's the best company in the Lower Mainland that I have worked for. They give me dependable hours, a competitive wage, and free breakfast on paydays! :) The work set up is well organized as is the crew running the office, which is helpful in keeping the teams in order through the day. If you enjoy cleaning and want a fun and healthy environment to work in, then come to AspenClean.

Side Note: The Operation Manager and Owner both have gone to extra-ordinary lengths to help me get to work. We had a massive snow dump and they shoveled my whole drive clear so that my car would not be stuck the next day. Have NEVER seen a company go to that length to ensure their employees can get around easily. Thanks guys!!
Pros
Good hours/Pay
Cons
Long commute if you live outside West Van.
Your second home you will be proud to be a part of
Customer Care and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 December 2016
Be prepared to work in an enthusiastic and supportive environment where you can feel this energy from stepping in to the office. Everyone I work with are open and friendly. The owners and management appreciate suggestions from every employee and are very attentive to their concerns. I love to be a part of the company that tried to change the world to a better not only through the Eco friendly and natural products but also a work ethic and environment inside the company.
Pros
Breakfasts and fresh coffee in the mornings, enthusiastic coworkers, supportive environment
Cons
Some days are very busy, so you might stay overtime, but where you don't have occasional busy days?
Best Cleaning Company to work for
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
I have worked for a few cleaning companies before so I have a good perspective. AspenClean is the best by far. They are super organized. The work environment is friendly. They have a Manager Open Door policy, where an employee can always talk to the Manager about any questions or concerns. They attract good people and treat them well. There are bonuses, awards and free breakfasts served. Love working here.
Worst interview I've ever had
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
I thought that Aspen clean was a great place until I stepped in and had an interview it took me about 40 minutes to get there and another 20 minutes to wait for the interviewer to finish lunch the interview only took 10 minutes she didn't even explain why I didn't get the job just that I didn't have enough residential experience and only commercial experience when there isn't much difference and was very rude about it and didn't even give me a chance to talk management is very rude and inconsiderate of other people's time and dedication to getting a job I felt very uncomfortable and judged by their employer even though it specifies that they do not judge in anyway shape or form but that's a lie so just be cautious worst place ever
Pros
Cons
Rude and inconsiderate management needs up grading
Productive and casual work place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC13 November 2016
Aspen Clean runs on a group of hard working, ethical, and friendly individuals. The owners of the company are very involved and listen to the employees ideas and feedback. It's very easy to get along with everyone and be productive as a team. Overall, it is a great group of people to work with and an ethical company to be proud of.
Pros
Breakfast on pay days
Cons
Long days
Eco-friendly work environment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
I have been working here since 2014.
The employees who work with me cooperate and respect each other and the owner is very kind and listens to our opinions and reflects them in practical work.

The most enjoable part of the job is the Capilano river is near the company, so I can go for a walk during my break.
Pros
get the organic cleaning products with employee price
Cons
overtime on busy days
Nice environment, competitive wage, good work/life balance
Operations manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
I have worked for AspenClean for a year now and have enjoyed my time with the business. The owners are very friendly and are quick to acknowledge a job well done. Wage is competitive and and no one works past 5pm which is a bonus particularly because I am on a working visa and love having my free evenings to explore and plan outings.
Friendly and Respecful
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2016
I've been working at Aspen Clean for years, I like the environment they are all friendly and respectful, treat everyone like family, I found is a good place to work and met new people from everywhere and new experience.
Pros
Free breakfast on pay days
Cons
Sometimes over time
A great local business!
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC6 June 2016
I've been working at AspenClean for about 3 months now. The work environment, and other employees, are friendly, respectful and fun. The company strives to be fair, ethical and socially responsible in all their ventures, which is important to me. They are a local, family-run business started in West Vancouver. The owners are kind and they make sure they are always available if you have questions or concerns about the business or your work. What's great is you do not have to take work home with you on evenings or weekends, and the company is very considerate concerning time off and vacations. Overall this is a great, supportive environment and you can feel good about working for a local, ethical company who cares about their employees and their impact on the community. I would highly recommend them!
Pros
Free coffee & tea in the mornings and breakfast provided on pay days!
Cons
Occasional overtime on busy days
bad company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2016
management owners they expect you to live at work and have no outside life work you to the bone the communication is absolutely ridiculous between office and boss and employees they started me off then a month late
Pros
non
Cons
no respect
Worst place to work
Clener (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2016
the worst work enviroment i have ever encountered. The entire management team including HR needs to be replaced. Very bullish work place. Management doesn't know how to talk and be respectable to employees. No room for advancement unless u are involved in the ongoing buddy systems.. Job skills do not get you ahead they only leave you stuck in that position no time for family. You dont get to take your vacation days when u want them.. The rotating schedule in use is the worst on your body.
Pros
Non
Cons
Manager is rude always cussing
Previous Employee Opinion
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
There was never typical days at work because the hours would always change. What I learned about this company is sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side. Terrible management skills such as manager being late for work. Hardest part of the job is waiting for an email to see if you have a home to clean. Most enjoyable part of the job is cleaning the homes.
Pros
Travel Time Pay
Cons
Negative work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AspenClean. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9