Aspen

Aspen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work is not fun but dedication
Senior analyst - instrument technician (Current Employee), East London, ECSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: no teambuilding
Cons: to earn more money work a lo of overtime
Life at work is Ok in the sense that i do my daily calibrations and verificationbefore any body starts work. I try to finish this before everybody starts working because normally each group has a daily status meeting.
When i am done as aan expect in instrumentation analysts will come asking for assistance with their tasks.
Wwhat i have learned is that – more... if you are friendly with people they will allways be confortable with you and always seek your help.
People when they make mistakes like to put a lbame on instrumen tand their leaders confront you as a technnician. You help everybody with everything and not get paid for your endless efforts
Management can be helpfull by implementing systems that can show instrument downtimes and causes to eliminate shifting blames.
The hardeest part of the job is when people do not know what they are doing,blame instruments,with experience get to solutions and the very same leader who you helped does not come to apologies.
The most enjoyable part is that you come to help everybody with any challenge and you feel like you are running the place. – less
Fun Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2014
Watch children when there kids are working out. It was fun because we got to play a lot of games with the children. I would of kept this job but had to move on to different jobs because of better pay.
Massage
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Overland Park KSMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work, great hourly pay and wonderful clients. This business is no longer in business
It is very good company, in regards to work force management
Staffing IT coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2014
I like the working atmosphere, work relation and the job itself.
Being a volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), EllensburgFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day is different here, because this is a volunteer agency. When I am "working" it involves office/clerical work and crisis intervention on a 24 hour hotline.
Wonderful place to learn about various departments
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 17, 2014
My time at Aspen Systems (now a part of Lockheed Martin) taught me a lot about working together with different departments to create the overall success of a project. While working with so many creative employees, all working on conflicting deadlines at times, it forces one to work on your feet and come up with solutions fast. The management on the – more... projects allowed for us to come up with ideas and come to them with suggestions of ideas to see what our thoughts were, making for a supportive environment. – less
productive fast pace
Press Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2013
Pros: good job with friendly people
Cons: had to eat on the go, beacause my machine stayed in motion
A lot of driving forklifts or clamp-trucks to keep paper rolls on the line ready to use, had friendly knowledgeable co-workers.
I enjoyed working for them.
Non IT-Network Central Office Engineer (Former Employee), New York, New YorkOctober 1, 2013
Pros: pleasant co-workers
As a contract worker for The Aspen Group @ Verizon, the staff was always very pleasant and helpful every time I called them. The hardest part of the job, I didn't get pay for any holidays or vacation time, and no medical benefits.

However, my contract lasted 2 and 1/2 years, and would like to go work for them again
Temp
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
"Always be on time" was the motto. Some jobs a couple of weeks, others a couple of months. It was always important to leave behind a good impression.
productinve and fun place to work
admin (Current Employee), port elizabethMay 30, 2013
learnt alot about the pharmaceutical side of business. would like to learn more. contract expires tomorrow, end of MAy 2013
Productive and a good workplace
Air Conditioning Service Engineer (Former Employee), HailshamMarch 1, 2013
Pros: company vehicle and payed fuel
Cons: very long hours
Servicing Air Conditioning Units
Travelling to London daily and occasionally Brighton and Hailsham
Co-Workers were nice people and easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job was arranging my own routes to get to jobs.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with other colleagues.
highly motivated workplace.
MO (Current Employee), St Vincent's hospital ADF wardJanuary 30, 2013
Our day starts with hand over of all patients from the duty MO. I start ward round at 0830. I used to review medical and psych patients, write medical progress and managment plan on daily basis. Sometimes I have to review the patient twice depending on the acuity and progress of symptoms. I have good access to specialists if the patient needs surgery – more... or immidiate specialist attention.
My coworkers are very helpful and fun to work with. I learn a lot in the ward reviewing variety of patients and from the specialists. we have a weekly ward round/ discharge planning meeting as well as radiology meeting.
The hardest part of my my job is the time used in transport to get there. I enjoy my job because of the positive work environment and the knowledge and skills I learn there. – less
An interesting introduction to corporate life
Reference Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: learning new skills, working with wonderful people
Cons: this job required me to use skills which are not my strongest.
At Aspen, I worked at a computer every day, I helped the public use Access ERIC in the mid 1990's. I learned so much at Aspen about working with computers, helping people learn to search the Access ERIC data base and access information educational clearing houses, or helping them to find the information they needed elsewhere. It was challenging to learn – more... to work in an new environment but I had great colleagues and a really good management team. – less
Productive and moderate
Recieving Clerk/Forklift Operator Also Driving (Current Employee), Aspen PeOctober 29, 2012
Pros: 100% pension fund
Cons: shifts
Aspen is not a bad company at all.I am currently on a learneship for Wholesale Retail and Distribution.
Aspen Systems provides its clients with excellent results.
Editor/Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 26, 2012
Pros: excelent working conditions and fellowship.
Cons: works on/by us gov't budget contracts.
I enjoyed my self working with Aspen Systems and would do it again if given the oppertunity. Aspen Systems and its employee are a good and productive group.
Yes, this was a fun job because of the knowledge i acquired
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: half hour lunch
Yes I enjoyed working at this job also, the knowledge that I had aquired was most interesting.
productive
PACKER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 12, 2012
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
the work was not hard but could get frustraring. the machines would backup and we would have to wait for repairs. i liked the pay and the workplace itself. management was not fair with employess and physical conditions.
Roligt arbetet
Fritidsassistent (Former Employee), Linköping, EMarch 20, 2014
Pros: fick jobba så otroligt mycket med människor.
Cons: att jag bara jobbade 2 gånger i månaden
Hade ett litet jobb då jag jobbade 2 gånger i månaden, dock så var det himla roligt och mysigt jobb. Jobbade då med äldre människor då jag hjälpte till i matsalen och höll dem sällskap på eftermiddagarna. Var så kul att få se en annan sida av jobb världen. Människorna där var fantastiska och min arbetsledare var hur underbar som helst.
miła atmosfera
kasjerka (Former Employee), Zielona Góra, LUJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: turnusy rehabilitacyjne
Cons: srednie zarobki
mażliwość podejmowania własnych decyzjii
możliwość awansu
pracownicy bardzo mili
obsługa kasy
słabe
salowa (Former Employee), zzoz CieszynFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: zatrudnienie
Cons: zarobek, nadmiar pracy.
Obecny pracodawca wymaga bardzo wiele ,szkolenia , duża wiedza , dużo powierzonych obowiązków , duże wymagania ,Trudno się wyrobić dla tego trzeba ciągle pracować ,dbać o szczegóły ,dlatego pilnujemy się na wzajem ,co nie przeszkadza być mimo uwag być koleżankami .Pochwała że wszystko zrobione dobrze , kontrole nic nie wykryły