Aspen Employee Reviews

Fun working environment
Kiwifruit Picker (Former Employee) –  Opotiki, Bay of PlentyJune 21, 2016
It was a fun place to work with an opportunity to earn good money if you worked 6-8 hours a day. The company looked after us by providing food if we worked late. As this work is weather dependent the only downside is that there are days when start times will change and you may be given work at short notice so flexibility is very important.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
weather dependant
Temporary position
Reception - Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaJune 16, 2016
With this being a temporary position I didn't have the chance to feel like a part of the team. It would have been a great place to work.
Pros
The assignment was close to my home
Cons
The assignment didn't last longer
Fast enviornment
dental assitant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 11, 2016
The company is very busy and fast pace, We also do tons of denture steps as well as extractions,root canals,and crown's and bridge's. I've been with this company for over a year and i'm looking to branch out. I went to porter and chester, finished the school part with an A. When it came to the externship part I had to complete 300 hours, had only 80 left and missed a week. porter and chester wanted me to start all over with the hours, so I left. Still was able to find a job a few days later and have been working ever since. I am willing to get paid less just because of the circumstances. I also love what I do. Also will be taking my test to become certified.
Pros
dental insurance, hour lunch
Cons
medical insurnace
vibarant and fast paced
National health safety and wellbeing manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWApril 18, 2016
great place to work, fast paced and challenging. Ever changing challenges and work environment. Opportunity to travel Nationally. Great leadership and executive team.
Productive and fun work place with many break rooms
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work would start out as a meeting then lead into showing the right placing for each person at a work station
Learned that a team is not only one person its many and no matter how small you make a big change in the work area

the hardest part of the job getting to know the work and how to manage the production line and the enjoyable part was getting to meet the company owner and many other cultures
Cons
a short break
Educate and Enthuse
Sommelier and wine steward (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 6, 2016
It is my quest in life to share my knowledge while serving them. I find that friendliness and happiness is contagious. I am passionate about being a professional contributor to my employer and to the customer.
Friendly Work Place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2016
Working at The Aspen is a lovely place. It is a small company so you do not work with a huge corporation. Co-workers are friendly as well as the community manager
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Cheap pay
Productive, team players co-worker and very nice place to work and growth
Junior Help Desk Specialists (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2015
Very busy and friendly environment and co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace. You will learn a lot with the team of wonderful people, I work with daily.
Fun Work Place
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
I have learned a lot and experienced a lot at Aspen. I enjoyed working there with all the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make the employees happy by solving their issues with the server.
Has potential
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 1, 2015
You must b a self starter, quick on your toes, critical thinking skills must be top notch. Must be willing to go the extra mile at every turn in order to be successful.
Interesting, wide learning and career growth opportunity
Production Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, ECOctober 27, 2015
Being a production pharmacist entails an overall production knowledge which involves production,engineering as well as pharmaceutical. It is a very good job that trains to work diligently, qualitatively application of Good manufacturing practises under pressure.great skills arquired
Pros
wide career growth
Cons
shift hours
To operated a heavy machine
machine operator (Former Employee) –  west virginiaOctober 4, 2015
I learned to operated a big machine like dozer, kidlouder and tractors
etc. inrrigation construction force. worked with pressure and worked safety,
under staffed
EFDA (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 17, 2015
I love the people I work with. I truly enjoy my patients. We are ALWAYS under staffed. I am only one person, not four. This is the only problem at this office.
productive and friendley enviorment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 21, 2015
a typical day would start with filing any leftover work from the day before. Then I will go into matching up vender numbers with the checks so they can aslo be filed. As i am doing this i am aslo scannimg and making copies of diffrent documents upon request by any of the staff. Then once all the vender numbers are matched up i file them in the correct file alphabetically.Closer to the end of the work day I stuff and stamp account payable checks to be mailed out. Management was ok I felt comfortable asking any questions and that resulted in a very productive working enviorment. I learnt a lot of diffrent terminology dealing with accounting and how billing worked. I was the only office clerk in the office at the time but the people were also very helpful and were always making sure everything was ok. The hardest part was making sure everything was done correctly and properly when it is time for the audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was really nice and worked together to get things done on time.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Kept me working
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Good people to work for. Kept me working at locations that were
challenging and had good people there. Management was pleasant to work with. Hardest part was knowing it was a contract situation and it had to end eventually.
Pros
work was good
Cons
uncertain future
Contractor Positions
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 20, 2014
I rated job security low because these are contractor positions with a specific contract length. The job security has nothing to do with Aspen itself, it is the company you are working at that will determine if your contract is extended or terminated early.
Pros
good salary
Cons
contract work
Productive and family friendly
Collection Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 19, 2014
The typical day was at this place was one that changed every day. I had a great manager who had an open door policy and was fair.
Work is not fun but dedication
Senior analyst - instrument technician (Current Employee) –  East London, ECSeptember 3, 2014
Life at work is Ok in the sense that i do my daily calibrations and verificationbefore any body starts work. I try to finish this before everybody starts working because normally each group has a daily status meeting.
When i am done as aan expect in instrumentation analysts will come asking for assistance with their tasks.
Wwhat i have learned is that if you are friendly with people they will allways be confortable with you and always seek your help.
People when they make mistakes like to put a lbame on instrumen tand their leaders confront you as a technnician. You help everybody with everything and not get paid for your endless efforts
Management can be helpfull by implementing systems that can show instrument downtimes and causes to eliminate shifting blames.
The hardeest part of the job is when people do not know what they are doing,blame instruments,with experience get to solutions and the very same leader who you helped does not come to apologies.
The most enjoyable part is that you come to help everybody with any challenge and you feel like you are running the place.
Pros
no teambuilding
Cons
to earn more money work a lo of overtime
Fun Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 30, 2014
Watch children when there kids are working out. It was fun because we got to play a lot of games with the children. I would of kept this job but had to move on to different jobs because of better pay.
Massage
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work, great hourly pay and wonderful clients. This business is no longer in business

4.2