Aspen Employee Reviews

Fun working environment
Kiwifruit Picker (Former Employee) –  Opotiki, Bay of PlentyJune 21, 2016
It was a fun place to work with an opportunity to earn good money if you worked 6-8 hours a day. The company looked after us by providing food if we worked late. As this work is weather dependent the only downside is that there are days when start times will change and you may be given work at short notice so flexibility is very important.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
weather dependant
Fast enviornment
dental assitant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTMay 11, 2016
The company is very busy and fast pace, We also do tons of denture steps as well as extractions,root canals,and crown's and bridge's. I've been with this company for over a year and i'm looking to branch out. I went to porter and chester, finished the school part with an A. When it came to the externship part I had to complete 300 hours, had only 80 left and missed a week. porter and chester wanted me to start all over with the hours, so I left. Still was able to find a job a few days later and have been working ever since. I am willing to get paid less just because of the circumstances. I also love what I do. Also will be taking my test to become certified.
Pros
dental insurance, hour lunch
Cons
medical insurnace
Productive and fun work place with many break rooms
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work would start out as a meeting then lead into showing the right placing for each person at a work station
Learned that a team is not only one person its many and no matter how small you make a big change in the work area

the hardest part of the job getting to know the work and how to manage the production line and the enjoyable part was getting to meet the company owner and many other cultures
Cons
a short break
Temporary position
Reception - Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaJune 16, 2016
With this being a temporary position I didn't have the chance to feel like a part of the team. It would have been a great place to work.
Pros
The assignment was close to my home
Cons
The assignment didn't last longer
vibarant and fast paced
National health safety and wellbeing manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWApril 18, 2016
great place to work, fast paced and challenging. Ever changing challenges and work environment. Opportunity to travel Nationally. Great leadership and executive team.
Educate and Enthuse
Sommelier and wine steward (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COMarch 6, 2016
It is my quest in life to share my knowledge while serving them. I find that friendliness and happiness is contagious. I am passionate about being a professional contributor to my employer and to the customer.
Friendly Work Place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2016
Working at The Aspen is a lovely place. It is a small company so you do not work with a huge corporation. Co-workers are friendly as well as the community manager
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Cheap pay
Interesting, wide learning and career growth opportunity
Production Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, ECOctober 27, 2015
Being a production pharmacist entails an overall production knowledge which involves production,engineering as well as pharmaceutical. It is a very good job that trains to work diligently, qualitatively application of Good manufacturing practises under pressure.great skills arquired
Pros
wide career growth
Cons
shift hours
Productive, team players co-worker and very nice place to work and growth
Junior Help Desk Specialists (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2015
Very busy and friendly environment and co-workers.
Productive and fun workplace. You will learn a lot with the team of wonderful people, I work with daily.
Fun Work Place
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2015
I have learned a lot and experienced a lot at Aspen. I enjoyed working there with all the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make the employees happy by solving their issues with the server.
Has potential
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 1, 2015
You must b a self starter, quick on your toes, critical thinking skills must be top notch. Must be willing to go the extra mile at every turn in order to be successful.
To operated a heavy machine
machine operator (Former Employee) –  west virginiaOctober 4, 2015
I learned to operated a big machine like dozer, kidlouder and tractors
etc. inrrigation construction force. worked with pressure and worked safety,
Wonderful place to learn about various departments
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 17, 2014
My time at Aspen Systems (now a part of Lockheed Martin) taught me a lot about working together with different departments to create the overall success of a project. While working with so many creative employees, all working on conflicting deadlines at times, it forces one to work on your feet and come up with solutions fast. The management on the projects allowed for us to come up with ideas and come to them with suggestions of ideas to see what our thoughts were, making for a supportive environment.
An interesting introduction to corporate life
Reference Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 26, 2013
At Aspen, I worked at a computer every day, I helped the public use Access ERIC in the mid 1990's. I learned so much at Aspen about working with computers, helping people learn to search the Access ERIC data base and access information educational clearing houses, or helping them to find the information they needed elsewhere. It was challenging to learn to work in an new environment but I had great colleagues and a really good management team.
Pros
learning new skills, working with wonderful people
Cons
this job required me to use skills which are not my strongest.
highly motivated workplace.
MO (Current Employee) –  St Vincent's hospital ADF wardJanuary 30, 2013
Our day starts with hand over of all patients from the duty MO. I start ward round at 0830. I used to review medical and psych patients, write medical progress and managment plan on daily basis. Sometimes I have to review the patient twice depending on the acuity and progress of symptoms. I have good access to specialists if the patient needs surgery or immidiate specialist attention.
My coworkers are very helpful and fun to work with. I learn a lot in the ward reviewing variety of patients and from the specialists. we have a weekly ward round/ discharge planning meeting as well as radiology meeting.
The hardest part of my my job is the time used in transport to get there. I enjoy my job because of the positive work environment and the knowledge and skills I learn there.
under staffed
EFDA (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 17, 2015
I love the people I work with. I truly enjoy my patients. We are ALWAYS under staffed. I am only one person, not four. This is the only problem at this office.
Contractor Positions
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 20, 2014
I rated job security low because these are contractor positions with a specific contract length. The job security has nothing to do with Aspen itself, it is the company you are working at that will determine if your contract is extended or terminated early.
Pros
good salary
Cons
contract work
Kept me working
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Good people to work for. Kept me working at locations that were
challenging and had good people there. Management was pleasant to work with. Hardest part was knowing it was a contract situation and it had to end eventually.
Pros
work was good
Cons
uncertain future
Productive and a good workplace
Air Conditioning Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  HailshamMarch 1, 2013
Servicing Air Conditioning Units
Travelling to London daily and occasionally Brighton and Hailsham
Co-Workers were nice people and easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job was arranging my own routes to get to jobs.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with other colleagues.
Pros
company vehicle and payed fuel
Cons
very long hours
I enjoyed working for them.
Non IT-Network Central Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 1, 2013
As a contract worker for The Aspen Group @ Verizon, the staff was always very pleasant and helpful every time I called them. The hardest part of the job, I didn't get pay for any holidays or vacation time, and no medical benefits.

However, my contract lasted 2 and 1/2 years, and would like to go work for them again
Pros
pleasant co-workers

4.2