Aspen Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to get hands on in the large scale in land scape field.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Daniels, WV18 December 2016
Good company. Get paid bi-weekly. No benefits. Large up scale land scape work in golf course. Travel in the United States with room. No predeem. .
Pros
Travel, and bored
Cons
No benefits
Hard work but enjoyed the job
CDL Driver/Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TX 7590128 February 2017
Enjoyed the job very much, got to use my skills and learn more trades. Has helped me in my present jobs. Power Plant got shutdown was not able to relocate us.
My co-workers
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Centurion (Pretoria)12 January 2017
what i have learned at Aspen is that i have worked with people who have ambition and that inspired me to go extra mile, it was wonderful to work with such amazing people who are go getter, who knows what they want and go for it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Productive and fun work place with many break rooms
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO1 April 2016
A typical day at work would start out as a meeting then lead into showing the right placing for each person at a work station
Learned that a team is not only one person its many and no matter how small you make a big change in the work area

the hardest part of the job getting to know the work and how to manage the production line and the enjoyable part was getting to meet the company owner and many other cultures
Cons
a short break
Fast enviornment
dental assitant (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT11 May 2016
The company is very busy and fast pace, We also do tons of denture steps as well as extractions,root canals,and crown's and bridge's. I've been with this company for over a year and i'm looking to branch out. I went to porter and chester, finished the school part with an A. When it came to the externship part I had to complete 300 hours, had only 80 left and missed a week. porter and chester wanted me to start all over with the hours, so I left. Still was able to find a job a few days later and have been working ever since. I am willing to get paid less just because of the circumstances. I also love what I do. Also will be taking my test to become certified.
Pros
dental insurance, hour lunch
Cons
medical insurnace
Fun working environment
Kiwifruit Picker (Former Employee) –  Opotiki, Bay of Plenty21 June 2016
It was a fun place to work with an opportunity to earn good money if you worked 6-8 hours a day. The company looked after us by providing food if we worked late. As this work is weather dependent the only downside is that there are days when start times will change and you may be given work at short notice so flexibility is very important.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
weather dependant
vibarant and fast paced
National health safety and wellbeing manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 April 2016
great place to work, fast paced and challenging. Ever changing challenges and work environment. Opportunity to travel Nationally. Great leadership and executive team.
Temporary position
Reception - Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa Oklahoma16 June 2016
With this being a temporary position I didn't have the chance to feel like a part of the team. It would have been a great place to work.
Pros
The assignment was close to my home
Cons
The assignment didn't last longer
Interesting, wide learning and career growth opportunity
Production Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC27 October 2015
Being a production pharmacist entails an overall production knowledge which involves production,engineering as well as pharmaceutical. It is a very good job that trains to work diligently, qualitatively application of Good manufacturing practises under pressure.great skills arquired
Pros
wide career growth
Cons
shift hours
Contractor Positions
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Jersey20 December 2014
I rated job security low because these are contractor positions with a specific contract length. The job security has nothing to do with Aspen itself, it is the company you are working at that will determine if your contract is extended or terminated early.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Contract Work

Want to know more about Aspen?

Ask a question
productive and friendley enviorment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD21 February 2015
a typical day would start with filing any leftover work from the day before. Then I will go into matching up vender numbers with the checks so they can aslo be filed. As i am doing this i am aslo scannimg and making copies of diffrent documents upon request by any of the staff. Then once all the vender numbers are matched up i file them in the correct file alphabetically.Closer to the end of the work day I stuff and stamp account payable checks to be mailed out. Management was ok I felt comfortable asking any questions and that resulted in a very productive working enviorment. I learnt a lot of diffrent terminology dealing with accounting and how billing worked. I was the only office clerk in the office at the time but the people were also very helpful and were always making sure everything was ok. The hardest part was making sure everything was done correctly and properly when it is time for the audit. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was really nice and worked together to get things done on time.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Educate and Enthuse
Sommelier and wine steward (Former Employee) –  Aspen, CO6 March 2016
It is my quest in life to share my knowledge while serving them. I find that friendliness and happiness is contagious. I am passionate about being a professional contributor to my employer and to the customer.
An interesting introduction to corporate life
Reference Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD26 January 2013
At Aspen, I worked at a computer every day, I helped the public use Access ERIC in the mid 1990's. I learned so much at Aspen about working with computers, helping people learn to search the Access ERIC data base and access information educational clearing houses, or helping them to find the information they needed elsewhere. It was challenging to learn to work in an new environment but I had great colleagues and a really good management team.
Pros
learning new skills, working with wonderful people
Cons
this job required me to use skills which are not my strongest.
Wonderful place to learn about various departments
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD17 January 2014
My time at Aspen Systems (now a part of Lockheed Martin) taught me a lot about working together with different departments to create the overall success of a project. While working with so many creative employees, all working on conflicting deadlines at times, it forces one to work on your feet and come up with solutions fast. The management on the projects allowed for us to come up with ideas and come to them with suggestions of ideas to see what our thoughts were, making for a supportive environment.
Friendly Work Place
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VA24 February 2016
Working at The Aspen is a lovely place. It is a small company so you do not work with a huge corporation. Co-workers are friendly as well as the community manager
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Cheap pay
Work is not fun but dedication
Senior analyst - instrument technician (Current Employee) –  East London, EC3 September 2014
Life at work is Ok in the sense that i do my daily calibrations and verificationbefore any body starts work. I try to finish this before everybody starts working because normally each group has a daily status meeting.
When i am done as aan expect in instrumentation analysts will come asking for assistance with their tasks.
Wwhat i have learned is that if you are friendly with people they will allways be confortable with you and always seek your help.
People when they make mistakes like to put a lbame on instrumen tand their leaders confront you as a technnician. You help everybody with everything and not get paid for your endless efforts
Management can be helpfull by implementing systems that can show instrument downtimes and causes to eliminate shifting blames.
The hardeest part of the job is when people do not know what they are doing,blame instruments,with experience get to solutions and the very same leader who you helped does not come to apologies.
The most enjoyable part is that you come to help everybody with any challenge and you feel like you are running the place.
Pros
No teambuilding
Cons
To earn more money work a lo of overtime
Productive and a good workplace
Air Conditioning Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hailsham1 March 2013
Servicing Air Conditioning Units
Travelling to London daily and occasionally Brighton and Hailsham
Co-Workers were nice people and easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job was arranging my own routes to get to jobs.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with other colleagues.
Pros
company vehicle and payed fuel
Cons
very long hours
I enjoyed working for them.
Non IT-Network Central Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, New York1 October 2013
As a contract worker for The Aspen Group @ Verizon, the staff was always very pleasant and helpful every time I called them. The hardest part of the job, I didn't get pay for any holidays or vacation time, and no medical benefits.

However, my contract lasted 2 and 1/2 years, and would like to go work for them again
Pros
pleasant co-workers
Kept me working
Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 February 2015
Good people to work for. Kept me working at locations that were
challenging and had good people there. Management was pleasant to work with. Hardest part was knowing it was a contract situation and it had to end eventually.
Pros
Work was good
Cons
Uncertain future
highly motivated workplace.
MO (Current Employee) –  St Vincent's hospital ADF ward30 January 2013
Our day starts with hand over of all patients from the duty MO. I start ward round at 0830. I used to review medical and psych patients, write medical progress and managment plan on daily basis. Sometimes I have to review the patient twice depending on the acuity and progress of symptoms. I have good access to specialists if the patient needs surgery or immidiate specialist attention.
My coworkers are very helpful and fun to work with. I learn a lot in the ward reviewing variety of patients and from the specialists. we have a weekly ward round/ discharge planning meeting as well as radiology meeting.
The hardest part of my my job is the time used in transport to get there. I enjoy my job because of the positive work environment and the knowledge and skills I learn there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen. Our community is ready to answer.