Full time or Part time to be considered.
A provincial not for profit organization is seeking a committed, detail oriented, administrative assistant who is familiar with AP and AR, able to work independently and as part of a team. This position is responsible for:
· Data entry of statistical and financial information
· Administrative duties to facilitate office operations
· Bookkeeping skills
The candidate must have a positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills, and work at an advanced level with MS Office (specifically Excel and ACCESS). Preference given to those with experience in ACCPAC. Remuneration commensurate with experience and ability.
This position supports the essential administrative functions and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists with the process of payment approval and integrity verification.
· Works with Accounting Coordinator to prepare contract reports to program funders.
· Answers general enquiries from members and the public regarding programs and services.
· Performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping tasks as requested.
· Compiles, prepares and maintains records, files and statistics as required.
· Enters program-related data into databases as requested. This includes information on employers, clients, and other statistical data as required.
· Assists in storing of program materials, participant files and program administration files.
· Assists in the transfer of program information files to the Ministry, including files held by subcontractors
· Assist with the proper disposal of confidential documents
· Shares reception duties with front office staff
· Other administrative duties as initiated or required
Start date: Dec 3 or sooner
Deadline for application: November 23
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.