AskMen.com, a division of Ziff Davis Inc. and the largest men's lifestyle site in the world, is currently undergoing a total transformation under a renewed editorial mission and is looking for a talented and committed in-house Editor. AskMen is based in the exciting Plateau area of Montreal. With a young and vibrant staff, we work hard and play hard. We celebrate our success but don't accept complacency. We are part of a large media company but we still think and operate like a startup.
Curious, connected, digitally dialed-in and ready to make your mark. You're obsessed with discovering and exploring new things -- you're tuned in to current events and trends, you embody social media savvy and have the general resourcefulness necessary to produce great content on a daily basis. You are able to operate under pressure and manage a diverse range of daily tasks and tight deadlines while maintaining high standards for quality and meeting personal quotas.
- Discovering new trends and topics and finding original and engaging ways to cover them on the site
- Creating content that performs outstandingly well in terms of metrics like unique visitors, page views & social referrals
- Tracking your content's performance and repackaging as necessary to improve results
- Copyediting and marketing the content produced
- A thorough command of the English language is essential.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills and an ability to handle a diverse range of tasks and daily deadlines without dropping any balls
- Knowledge of SEO is an asset
- Knowledge of how to increase visibility across social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
FOR CONSIDERATION for this position, please submit:
- A cover letter
- A resume
- An original 800- to 1,200-word sample article, written on a topic of interest to and in a style suited to AskMen readers
We thank all interested candidates for applying; however, we will only be contacting those individuals we wish to interview.
Compensation: TBD, based on experience