The Test Centre at Ashton College is looking for CELBAN Speaking Assessors. Eligible candidates must participate in CELBAN Speaking assessor training sessions. Upon successful completion of training, candidates will be certified as CELBAN Speaking Assessors.
Once certified, CELBAN Speaking Assessors will conduct CELBAN Speaking Assessments with a co-assessor, including scoring, discussing findings and completing related score sheets and documents.
- Bachelor of Education or Bachelor Arts
- Working knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 6 to 10 as used for assessment and instruction. To fulfill this requirement you must meet one of the following:
-TELS/TEFL Training course covering second language acquisition, socio-cultural variables in language learning and teaching of the four language skills – 100 hours and practicum or post-secondary degrees in linguistics, modern languages, English;
-Provincial teaching qualifications in English, French, heritage languages OR ESL OR successfully completed the training for the Canadian Language Benchmark Placement;
-Test (CLBPT) and teaching ESL to adults for at least 300 hours and participation in professional development in theory and practice of second language teaching and assessment.
- Experienced with administering high-stakes assessments
- Excellent communications, interview and interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
- Organized and professional
- Experienced with communicating with people from different cultures
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Accreditation and experience as a CLBPT assessor (an asset)
- TESL Certification (an asset)
This is a part-time employment opportunity. You will work 2-3 times a month. You will work on the weekend.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. Applications should be submitted immediately.