Ashton’s Place Youth Centre located in Brooks is seeking a Youth Coordinator to join our team. We are a non-profit community based, diversity-friendly organization providing structured and semi-structured programming and support services to the City of Brooks and County of Newell youth aged 12 – 18 years.
Working with the Executive Director, your responsibilities will include :
- Implementation of the Youth Volunteer Program
- Youth Program creation, implementation and evaluation
- Preventive education and training
- Youth-driven fund development and activities
- Make referrals as necessary to agencies, programs and services
- Youth Advocate
- Sit on youth committees as directed.
- Proven experience & post-secondary education directly relevant to working with youth
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Demonstrated communication skills with an ability to establish rapport with youth
- Candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Abstract and CYIM check.
- Current Standard 1st Aid and Suicide Prevention training considered an asset.
Please submit resumes and cover letter in confidence to the Board of Directors mail to 1015, Brooks AB. T1R 1B8.
Wage commensurate with experience and education
Hours: 32 hours/week – evenings, weekends and/or days possibility of extended hours in the future.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those being interviewed will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago