Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

hard to work for and terrible to buy from
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, BC19 April 2013
I worked for them foe about 15 months and I have to say it was the worst place I worked in.
they paid commission only and the least commission in the retail industry.
you have to be there at 9 in the morning and you finish at 9 or 10.
you have to clean like a slave after 12 hour shift and you have to clean good.
Cons
long hours, bad commission, clean the store for free
Great job to work at
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2012
Everyday was very busy with lots of different jobs to complete. Routing trucks, scheduling deliveries, customer pick ups, receiving parts, and many more things. I learned how to run an office as part of a team as well as by myself and how to do most of my roles as most of this was new to me when I started. I felt the management needed a lot more training as didn't take serious matters seriously. The hardest part of the job was when they took the office from 3 staff down to just me and kept adding more tasks to complete daily. When I was able to take to an angry customer that had issues with there delivery and was able to find a resolution that made the customer happy.
Productive And Fun WorkPlace
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2012
It was easy work mainly just moving boxes and furniture around to places. I learned how to properly do inventory. The management was super good they where very helpful if help was needed. The co-workers for the most part where very friendly and helpful but there where a few that do not like new people. The hardest part of the job is moving the couches as most weigh over 300 pound. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along people that where very friendly
Pros
the bosses cooked lunches every friday
Cons
getting laid off
An extremely rewarding position.
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2014
A typical day would consist of Processing shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each load. I would then Conduct daily DOT pre-trip inspections according to a set checklist, before I was able to begin driving. Then it was mine and my swampers duty to Load and unload trailers with mechanical freight handling equipment.

Then I would transport freight from origin to destination in a safe and timely manner, while Using the necessary tools to fix and assemble all product while Supervising the crew and delegating tasks.

I find the position extremely rewarding as it has given me a great deal of experience, which has allowed me to grow as an individual, as well as a functioning employee.

Thank you.
Pros
Always busy, Good staff.
Cons
It can prove to be a difficult position, which makes it hard to find good crews as people come and go to frequently.
I'm very happy, buy I must re locate
Repair Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2013
I very much enjoy working for Ashley Furniture; however, I need to move back east. I am from southern Ontario, originally and wish to go back. My Mother lives in Welland and her health is not good. I need to be in southern Ontario, so I can spend time with her and help around the house. I am currently an administrator, but I can also work as a repair technician.

My typical day starts with printing up service tickets, prioritising the jobs and scheduling the work for in shop and in home service. The next step is to pick the parts for the scheduled jobs and repair the parts if necessary. Once all the scheduling is done and the parts are ready I move on to parts receiving. When the jobs are scheduled and the parts are received I go into the shop and work on repairs.
Pros
I enjoy lots of freedom to organise my day as I see fit.
Cons
No cons
Ashley Furniture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Ontario14 February 2015
I would sweep and vacuum the entire store almost every week. Other days involved me doing things such as organizing files, displays, and charts. I was taught about the different types of products at the store during my time at Ashley Furniture and learned some things about customer service. The hardest part of the job would be giving advice to customers, as I did not know very much about furniture at the time. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else. I loved talking with customers, meeting co-workers, learning about the furniture, and working my hardest every day for the benefit of the company.
Tough place to be a porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2015
The management will make a task that could be done in a hour take all day while going against all the wishes of the HQ in Winnipeg. Other than that the people are easy enough to get along with.
Fast pace environment with friendly customer service
Assistant Mover (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 May 2013
Assisted with the pick-up (loading), transportation, and delivery (unloading and placement) of household goods in accordance with established procedures and protocols
Routinely involved lifting, movement and placement of heavy items by hand or with the assistance of handling equipment
Reported any potential hazards to the team leader while adhering to all company policies and safety rules
Represented Ashley Furniture in a professional manner at all times when interacting with clients
Worked with other team members to ensure customer needs were met and our contractual agreements were fulfilled
Simple and fun work, but not enough of it
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2015
Great team environment with cross training opportunities. Efficient workplace with hard workers. Learned to operate a Pick-Truck to load/unload product into warehouse storage. Some products over 150LBS, some assistance required. Smoke breaks and lunch taken by individual discretion, as long as the privilege wasn't abused.
Pros
Help always available
Cons
Not enough work for everyone when business is slow
workplace duties
Customer Service/ Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 June 2014
Ashley furniture has a great reputation when it comes to selling furniture. My day consists of loading and unloading furniture at a customers home. I also assemble and inspect if all furniture is not damaged. I can navigate myself around the city in any type of weather and road conditions. The best part of my job is I get to interact with new customers. You want to build customer relationships so that they come back.
Pros
Learned how to install furniture
Cons
heavy lifting over 250 pounds
Poor management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 September 2012
Management does not follow protocol as per their policy manual which affects employees performance in a negative way. IE: weekly Performance Improvement Meetings are not done and subsequently employees are not aware of their shortcomings or accomplishments and fail to progress as expected.
poor management
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2013
Although I loved my job and working with customers I have to say management sucked. They don't disipline staff when they do things that put peoples lives at risk as well as they don't have their employees well being as a priority. Also they are great at breaking rules.
Pros
good wages
Cons
poor management
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Delivery Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 February 2014
A typical day at work would either take place in the warehouse or delivery truck. Involves moving furniture in and out of people's homes, bedroom + office setups, and dealing with customers.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Little room for advancement
fast paced and constant changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  alberta15 April 2015
Good place to work at if in retail. Mostly good management excdpt if you land up with a shrewed boss. Good team and good pay.
Pros
good income
Cons
not honest local regional management
Great place to be
Sales Associate / Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS23 April 2013
I enjoyed my time at Ashley and working with the people I did. The management in-store was fantastic and supportive and wanted everyone to succeed.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
pay issues
Very Productive
Design Specialist (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2013
Its your business and Your personality to fit in. I like taking challenges and communication skills got lot better with me. Management is amazing and I will be loyal to them for my life.
Horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  11343 189 Street Edmonton Alberta Canada21 February 2015
I do not recommend anyone working for Ashley Furniture, horrible management.

Horrible staff.

Horrible upper management.
Wonderful Work Environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 June 2015
Fabulous team. Was only employed through temp agency for store setup, but would love to work full time here. Manager is wonderful
FAIR
Funiture Assembly / Forklift truck (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2014
While I worked at Ashley it was a normal day at work 8 hours not long and fair. I learned better building skills customer service and driving a forklift. my co-workers never did work played jokes that you would get in trouble for. no hard parts. driving fork lift was the best part of the job
Cons
A great place to work and really show your talents
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 March 2014
A typical day at work is receiving floor product in the morning and then taking the product to the floor and decorating/ merchandising the product in a way that customers will be attracted to and purchase.

71%