Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

poor management
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2013
Although I loved my job and working with customers I have to say management sucked. They don't disipline staff when they do things that put peoples lives at risk as well as they don't have their employees well being as a priority. Also they are great at breaking rules.
Pros
good wages
Cons
poor management
FAIR
Funiture Assembly / Forklift truck (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
While I worked at Ashley it was a normal day at work 8 hours not long and fair. I learned better building skills customer service and driving a forklift. my co-workers never did work played jokes that you would get in trouble for. no hard parts. driving fork lift was the best part of the job
fast paced and constant changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  albertaApril 15, 2015
Good place to work at if in retail. Mostly good management excdpt if you land up with a shrewed boss. Good team and good pay.
Pros
good income
Cons
not honest local regional management
Great place to work but management needs improvement.
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work involved loading, inspecting and securing the product into the delivery vehicle for the day. After the goods are secured the drive teams would begin their day to deliver the load to varies clients and customers. The best part of the job were my co-workers, they were great, very supportive of one another and provided a great working atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be the interactions with management. As they would often not listen to the needs of the workers to preform the job both efficiently and safely. Management also seemed to have no code of ethics, the workers were told almost daily to deliver broken and/or damaged goods in hopes the client and/or customer would not notice and sign for them. The combination of these factors caused a high turn over rate within the transportation section of the company.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
the management
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Delivery Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day at work would either take place in the warehouse or delivery truck. Involves moving furniture in and out of people's homes, bedroom + office setups, and dealing with customers.
Pros
good hours
Cons
little room for advancement
A great place to work and really show your talents
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work is receiving floor product in the morning and then taking the product to the floor and decorating/ merchandising the product in a way that customers will be attracted to and purchase.
Reasonable home furnishing prices
Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Retail walk in traffic looking to furnish their homes.
Drive retail sales and ensure customer satisfaction!
Pros
great staff relations, like a family
Cons
business closure april 2013
Great place to be
Sales Associate / Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NSApril 23, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Ashley and working with the people I did. The management in-store was fantastic and supportive and wanted everyone to succeed.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
pay issues
A hard working and career oriented individual
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCJuly 10, 2012
My typical day at work is an 9 hours shift with no or minimal break.
It is a great company to work with.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
long hours, culture, salary/benefits, advancement
Very Productive
Design Specialist (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2013
Its your business and Your personality to fit in. I like taking challenges and communication skills got lot better with me. Management is amazing and I will be loyal to them for my life.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
I have worked for a few other major furniture chains in Medicine Hat. I must say I was really surprised by what Ashley Furniture had to offer when I interviewed with them, it sounded too good to be true as the salary was 50% higher then the last place I worked. They told me I would get tons of training and they weren't kidding. I wasn't just thrown on the sales floor to fail and be forgotten about. Even a couple of months after starting, the management team stayed supportive and training was on going. There was always an incentive above the regular commissions and the incentives were actually obtainable. Commissions were higher than average with no profit sharing where the company takes a portion so that was nice. Benefits were top notch as well and any reimbursement took days to get back not months. The Sales Manager was so friendly and always there to help. She really promotes a team environment and is fair with everyone no favorites. I would go back in a heart beat if I could get weekends off.
Pros
training, wage and friendly environment
Cons
weekends
Horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  11343 189 Street Edmonton Alberta CanadaFebruary 21, 2015
I do not recommend anyone working for Ashley Furniture, horrible management.

Horrible staff.

Horrible upper management.
contracted
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2014
Contracted to fly out to Edmonton to open store.
Trained sales teams
worked closely with Serta
Pros
8 weeks
Cons
travel
Sales at Ashley's
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SaskatoonOctober 20, 2014
I enjoyed working in the sales department at Ashley's. The atmosphere was fun and friendly.
Typical day
Furniture Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2014
Management was good as well as the co-workers. The only think is if they could raise the pay for there employee's
was a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  ottawa ontarioFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working for them they were really good to me and the job it self was like second nature so no complaints
Skills Learnt
Delivery Driver and Swamper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 14, 2014
Leaned the necessary skills to provide good quality customer service
Below
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABSeptember 9, 2012
The day began with a motivational meeting. Then we organized ourselves for sales "on the floor". We had a specific area to make presentable and then we prepared for the day with the latest newspaper flyers and whatever else we needed to greet our customers. Of course, the most important part of the day was closing the sale and making sure we left the customers with the idea that they would definitely return to do business with us again.
I learned that integrity is of the utmost importance. Companies need to stand behind their products if they expect return business and referrals.
Unfortunately, the high turn over in management was hard on the company, both from an employee stand point and from the customers' perspective. My co-workers were for the most part,friendly yet professional. The salary was 100 % commission and sometimes there were altercations regarding customer sales.

The hardest part of the job was the long work day on weekends; with Sat. meetings at 8:00 am. and the closing sales details, we were there almost 11 hours. Regular work days went for 6 to 8 hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have been meeting and working with people from all walks of life, not over-looking the pay checks of course!