Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Great Benefits.
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 July 2016
Great people to work with!!! They also have fairly good benefits. I made so many friends and am truly going to miss working there. The company really had a team-work orientated environment that made it easy to work together across cities and provinces to get out tasks accomplished.
Good work environment
Delivery Assistant and mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2016
Great hours, great tips, good team to work with, awesome customers, awesome pay! Great for a career, lots of new opportunities to learn from the company and the co workers!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Selling furniture and sleep sets and knowing the product
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 December 2016
At Ashley Furniture there is a lot of down time so you use that to your advantage to learn more about the product. Learning how to interact with different types of customers and maintaining posture and patience. My management is great and is always keeping us positive,
The hardest part of my job is changing lookers into buyer and overcoming the objections. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I made someone's home feel like home again.
Great place to pick up on skills and incorporate them into life experiences
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 November 2016
Going to work and being able to work hands on, also having the right eye helping you to send you on your marry way to get a job done. Can't feel more accomplishing. Learning the skills I have now can help me work forward and keep up on a solid work level.
In the upholstery servicing side I've never thought working close to people in their own homes could be more of an experience but making a connection to rebuild and communicate never felt so accomplishing. Even if its just something you sit on.
In my opinion of a tough work day is only too much work in a day.
Pros
Working with a keen team
Cons
Being able to work long enough hours
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
During my short period working at Ashley, I saw many employees come and go. Bad management and hours that you have to work are not worth the pay.
stale work enviroment with inadequate leadership
Warehouse Associate-Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
very negative environment with no room for advancement. no leadership in the form of growth from the supervisors. no accountability from the supervisors.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no leadership
Growing Comapny but no balanced life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Company is growing, salary is also good but no work and personal life balance. Customer service is too bad. Once you buy the furniture, you are on your own.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No good customer service, too many customer service issues.
Decent job, but no real opportunities for growth in a career.
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 May 2016
My job consists of unloading, loading, and dealing with stock mostly. I repair furniture, electronically handle inventory management, do tech support, clean, deal with customers, and try to keep everything that comes into the store moving smoothly and without issues.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constantly moving deadlines and actual goals of my job, which are sometimes unknown even to me.

I really do work with some fantastic people, but am learning that becoming friends with them and/or relying on them for things can really bite me in the end.
Pros
Decent job for motivated individual
Cons
Slippery deadlines make tasking hard to manage as they shift back and forth.
great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Enderby, BC9 December 2016
it was a great place to work n to learn alot of thing ,the plp were great n travel place to move furiture was also fun ,the workers there are also fun n great plp to have around
demanding,underpaid
Porter, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 October 2015
I started out as a porter at 13.50/hour and on Saturdays I was working deliveries on the truck. after few months I realized that the other was getting $19. so I left working on the trucks. I got offered a full time position on the delivery truck and I got $18. after 3 months I still didn't get my benefits. 5 months have passed after I went full time still no benefits. the manager and my boss was very disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Veery hectic placce to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2015
The CIBC offer very little in incentives but were very demanding in trying to get big results. I felt for such a large organisation they would have been run better.
Pros
It was a paying job.
Cons
Poor salary and incentives.
Below
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB9 September 2012
The day began with a motivational meeting. Then we organized ourselves for sales "on the floor". We had a specific area to make presentable and then we prepared for the day with the latest newspaper flyers and whatever else we needed to greet our customers. Of course, the most important part of the day was closing the sale and making sure we left the customers with the idea that they would definitely return to do business with us again.
I learned that integrity is of the utmost importance. Companies need to stand behind their products if they expect return business and referrals.
Unfortunately, the high turn over in management was hard on the company, both from an employee stand point and from the customers' perspective. My co-workers were for the most part,friendly yet professional. The salary was 100 % commission and sometimes there were altercations regarding customer sales.

The hardest part of the job was the long work day on weekends; with Sat. meetings at 8:00 am. and the closing sales details, we were there almost 11 hours. Regular work days went for 6 to 8 hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have been meeting and working with people from all walks of life, not over-looking the pay checks of course!
Typical day
Furniture Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2014
Management was good as well as the co-workers. The only think is if they could raise the pay for there employee's
Productive and exciting job everyday
Design Specialist (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2012
I had learend a lot about motivation and positive thinking in every thing i did. It is very exciting and challenging job that helped me make money and with the right management and great customers i dealt with, the best place to work in Furniture industry. Ups and Downs are always there in every company but its you that decides how your day is going to be. when you actually close a sale you feel like you had won the world and it happens everyday. sometimes long hours makes little harder but trust me once you sell its a pay back.
Pros
lots of free lunches and dinners with professionals
Cons
Great place to work but management needs improvement.
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
A typical day at work involved loading, inspecting and securing the product into the delivery vehicle for the day. After the goods are secured the drive teams would begin their day to deliver the load to varies clients and customers. The best part of the job were my co-workers, they were great, very supportive of one another and provided a great working atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be the interactions with management. As they would often not listen to the needs of the workers to preform the job both efficiently and safely. Management also seemed to have no code of ethics, the workers were told almost daily to deliver broken and/or damaged goods in hopes the client and/or customer would not notice and sign for them. The combination of these factors caused a high turn over rate within the transportation section of the company.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
The management
Great job to work at
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2012
Everyday was very busy with lots of different jobs to complete. Routing trucks, scheduling deliveries, customer pick ups, receiving parts, and many more things. I learned how to run an office as part of a team as well as by myself and how to do most of my roles as most of this was new to me when I started. I felt the management needed a lot more training as didn't take serious matters seriously. The hardest part of the job was when they took the office from 3 staff down to just me and kept adding more tasks to complete daily. When I was able to take to an angry customer that had issues with there delivery and was able to find a resolution that made the customer happy.
hard to work for and terrible to buy from
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, BC19 April 2013
I worked for them foe about 15 months and I have to say it was the worst place I worked in.
they paid commission only and the least commission in the retail industry.
you have to be there at 9 in the morning and you finish at 9 or 10.
you have to clean like a slave after 12 hour shift and you have to clean good.
Cons
long hours, bad commission, clean the store for free
Productive And Fun WorkPlace
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2012
It was easy work mainly just moving boxes and furniture around to places. I learned how to properly do inventory. The management was super good they where very helpful if help was needed. The co-workers for the most part where very friendly and helpful but there where a few that do not like new people. The hardest part of the job is moving the couches as most weigh over 300 pound. The most enjoyable part of the job is working along people that where very friendly
Pros
the bosses cooked lunches every friday
Cons
getting laid off
An extremely rewarding position.
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2014
A typical day would consist of Processing shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each load. I would then Conduct daily DOT pre-trip inspections according to a set checklist, before I was able to begin driving. Then it was mine and my swampers duty to Load and unload trailers with mechanical freight handling equipment.

Then I would transport freight from origin to destination in a safe and timely manner, while Using the necessary tools to fix and assemble all product while Supervising the crew and delegating tasks.

I find the position extremely rewarding as it has given me a great deal of experience, which has allowed me to grow as an individual, as well as a functioning employee.

Thank you.
Pros
Always busy, Good staff.
Cons
It can prove to be a difficult position, which makes it hard to find good crews as people come and go to frequently.
I'm very happy, buy I must re locate
Repair Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2013
I very much enjoy working for Ashley Furniture; however, I need to move back east. I am from southern Ontario, originally and wish to go back. My Mother lives in Welland and her health is not good. I need to be in southern Ontario, so I can spend time with her and help around the house. I am currently an administrator, but I can also work as a repair technician.

My typical day starts with printing up service tickets, prioritising the jobs and scheduling the work for in shop and in home service. The next step is to pick the parts for the scheduled jobs and repair the parts if necessary. Once all the scheduling is done and the parts are ready I move on to parts receiving. When the jobs are scheduled and the parts are received I go into the shop and work on repairs.
Pros
I enjoy lots of freedom to organise my day as I see fit.
Cons
No cons

Ashley Furniture Industries Reviews by Location