Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Team leader (former employee) Edmonton Alberta
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2017
Distribution Management at this facility is very toxic and negative. Consistant work place emotional abuse combined with bullying. Management makes it seem like there are "problem staff" but in reality the management is the issue. Very high turn over, impossible standards that change by the hour, other areas of the facility get incentives, warehouse staff do not. Management plays staff against each other with no regard for their emotional/mental/physical safety. I would highly recommend staying FAR AWAY from the warehouse portion of the distribution center if you are job hunting. They will not change until the distribution manager and morning team lead are replaced.
Pros
Certian staff members.
Cons
Terrible warehouse manager and morning team lead.
good environment, decent job
Delivery Driver/ Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
being a furniture delivery driver is a tough job, and the management there understands that. the management team is on your side, the staff are all very team oriented. good place to work
One of the best places I have ever worked
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
Great team
great management
all around great company, everyone is friendly out going and there to help you, would recommend this company to anyone out there looking for a job
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
very long hours
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
During my short period working at Ashley, I saw many employees come and go. Bad management and hours that you have to work are not worth the pay.
stale work enviroment with inadequate leadership
Warehouse Associate-Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
very negative environment with no room for advancement. no leadership in the form of growth from the supervisors. no accountability from the supervisors.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no leadership
Productive and fun workplace
Furniture Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON28 December 2016
Is nice and easy to work with good people. I learned to much about furniture, the hardest part of the job is driving to work, I am looking for a new good job near to my home,

great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Enderby, BC9 December 2016
it was a great place to work n to learn alot of thing ,the plp were great n travel place to move furiture was also fun ,the workers there are also fun n great plp to have around
Selling furniture and sleep sets and knowing the product
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 December 2016
At Ashley Furniture there is a lot of down time so you use that to your advantage to learn more about the product. Learning how to interact with different types of customers and maintaining posture and patience. My management is great and is always keeping us positive,
The hardest part of my job is changing lookers into buyer and overcoming the objections. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I made someone's home feel like home again.
Good work environment
Delivery Assistant and mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2016
Great hours, great tips, good team to work with, awesome customers, awesome pay! Great for a career, lots of new opportunities to learn from the company and the co workers!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Great place to pick up on skills and incorporate them into life experiences
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 November 2016
Going to work and being able to work hands on, also having the right eye helping you to send you on your marry way to get a job done. Can't feel more accomplishing. Learning the skills I have now can help me work forward and keep up on a solid work level.
In the upholstery servicing side I've never thought working close to people in their own homes could be more of an experience but making a connection to rebuild and communicate never felt so accomplishing. Even if its just something you sit on.
In my opinion of a tough work day is only too much work in a day.
Pros
Working with a keen team
Cons
Being able to work long enough hours

Want to know more about Ashley Furniture Industries?

Ask a question
Great Benefits.
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 July 2016
Great people to work with!!! They also have fairly good benefits. I made so many friends and am truly going to miss working there. The company really had a team-work orientated environment that made it easy to work together across cities and provinces to get out tasks accomplished.
Decent job, but no real opportunities for growth in a career.
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 May 2016
My job consists of unloading, loading, and dealing with stock mostly. I repair furniture, electronically handle inventory management, do tech support, clean, deal with customers, and try to keep everything that comes into the store moving smoothly and without issues.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constantly moving deadlines and actual goals of my job, which are sometimes unknown even to me.

I really do work with some fantastic people, but am learning that becoming friends with them and/or relying on them for things can really bite me in the end.
Pros
Decent job for motivated individual
Cons
Slippery deadlines make tasking hard to manage as they shift back and forth.
Growing Comapny but no balanced life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Company is growing, salary is also good but no work and personal life balance. Customer service is too bad. Once you buy the furniture, you are on your own.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No good customer service, too many customer service issues.
Veery hectic placce to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2015
The CIBC offer very little in incentives but were very demanding in trying to get big results. I felt for such a large organisation they would have been run better.
Pros
It was a paying job.
Cons
Poor salary and incentives.
demanding,underpaid
Porter, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 October 2015
I started out as a porter at 13.50/hour and on Saturdays I was working deliveries on the truck. after few months I realized that the other was getting $19. so I left working on the trucks. I got offered a full time position on the delivery truck and I got $18. after 3 months I still didn't get my benefits. 5 months have passed after I went full time still no benefits. the manager and my boss was very disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Simple and fun work, but not enough of it
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2015
Great team environment with cross training opportunities. Efficient workplace with hard workers. Learned to operate a Pick-Truck to load/unload product into warehouse storage. Some products over 150LBS, some assistance required. Smoke breaks and lunch taken by individual discretion, as long as the privilege wasn't abused.
Pros
Help always available
Cons
Not enough work for everyone when business is slow
Horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  11343 189 Street Edmonton Alberta Canada21 February 2015
I do not recommend anyone working for Ashley Furniture, horrible management.

Horrible staff.

Horrible upper management.
Ashley Furniture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Ontario14 February 2015
I would sweep and vacuum the entire store almost every week. Other days involved me doing things such as organizing files, displays, and charts. I was taught about the different types of products at the store during my time at Ashley Furniture and learned some things about customer service. The hardest part of the job would be giving advice to customers, as I did not know very much about furniture at the time. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else. I loved talking with customers, meeting co-workers, learning about the furniture, and working my hardest every day for the benefit of the company.
Sales at Ashley's
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon20 October 2014
I enjoyed working in the sales department at Ashley's. The atmosphere was fun and friendly.
contracted
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2014
Contracted to fly out to Edmonton to open store.
Trained sales teams
worked closely with Serta
Pros
8 weeks
Cons
travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ashley Furniture Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ashley Furniture Industries Reviews by Location