Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Great Benefits.
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 July 2016
Great people to work with!!! They also have fairly good benefits. I made so many friends and am truly going to miss working there. The company really had a team-work orientated environment that made it easy to work together across cities and provinces to get out tasks accomplished.
Good work environment
Delivery Assistant and mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2016
Great hours, great tips, good team to work with, awesome customers, awesome pay! Great for a career, lots of new opportunities to learn from the company and the co workers!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Great place to pick up on skills and incorporate them into life experiences
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 November 2016
Going to work and being able to work hands on, also having the right eye helping you to send you on your marry way to get a job done. Can't feel more accomplishing. Learning the skills I have now can help me work forward and keep up on a solid work level.
In the upholstery servicing side I've never thought working close to people in their own homes could be more of an experience but making a connection to rebuild and communicate never felt so accomplishing. Even if its just something you sit on.
In my opinion of a tough work day is only too much work in a day.
Pros
Working with a keen team
Cons
Being able to work long enough hours
Growing Comapny but no balanced life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Company is growing, salary is also good but no work and personal life balance. Customer service is too bad. Once you buy the furniture, you are on your own.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No good customer service, too many customer service issues.
Decent job, but no real opportunities for growth in a career.
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 May 2016
My job consists of unloading, loading, and dealing with stock mostly. I repair furniture, electronically handle inventory management, do tech support, clean, deal with customers, and try to keep everything that comes into the store moving smoothly and without issues.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constantly moving deadlines and actual goals of my job, which are sometimes unknown even to me.

I really do work with some fantastic people, but am learning that becoming friends with them and/or relying on them for things can really bite me in the end.
Pros
Decent job for motivated individual
Cons
Slippery deadlines make tasking hard to manage as they shift back and forth.
demanding,underpaid
Porter, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 October 2015
I started out as a porter at 13.50/hour and on Saturdays I was working deliveries on the truck. after few months I realized that the other was getting $19. so I left working on the trucks. I got offered a full time position on the delivery truck and I got $18. after 3 months I still didn't get my benefits. 5 months have passed after I went full time still no benefits. the manager and my boss was very disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Veery hectic placce to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2015
The CIBC offer very little in incentives but were very demanding in trying to get big results. I felt for such a large organisation they would have been run better.
Pros
It was a paying job.
Cons
Poor salary and incentives.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, Alberta29 October 2012
I have worked for a few other major furniture chains in Medicine Hat. I must say I was really surprised by what Ashley Furniture had to offer when I interviewed with them, it sounded too good to be true as the salary was 50% higher then the last place I worked. They told me I would get tons of training and they weren't kidding. I wasn't just thrown on the sales floor to fail and be forgotten about. Even a couple of months after starting, the management team stayed supportive and training was on going. There was always an incentive above the regular commissions and the incentives were actually obtainable. Commissions were higher than average with no profit sharing where the company takes a portion so that was nice. Benefits were top notch as well and any reimbursement took days to get back not months. The Sales Manager was so friendly and always there to help. She really promotes a team environment and is fair with everyone no favorites. I would go back in a heart beat if I could get weekends off.
Pros
training, wage and friendly environment
Cons
weekends
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2014
During my tenure at Ashley Furniture, I can say that I enjoyed working in the homestore because my co associates are helping me during my training. They gave me enough training needs as Customer Service Representative. I got a good starting hourly rate and would give me an increase 3 months after.

Overall, it was a great opportunity to career at Ashley Furniture.
Pros
There are good benefits for the employees.
Cons
An active work schedule including a lot of interpersonal communication with management and customers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 December 2015
A typical day of work includes loading and unloading work trucks with product from the store warehouse, assuring product is in proper condition and delivering it to residents within and beyond city limits. Organizing time effectively, working efficiently and maintaining positive rapport with clients. Working to enable schedule changes including delayed delivery or rescheduling. Communicating with head office and the store in town routinely regarding time management and productivity. Handling customers in a friendly manner within their homes and maintaining contact regarding future deliveries.
The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing customers and working closely with another employee day-to-day.
Pros
Flexibility, responsibility, physically active work
Cons
Insubstantial hours, cold weather, being held accountable for mix-ups during sales
Below
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB9 September 2012
The day began with a motivational meeting. Then we organized ourselves for sales "on the floor". We had a specific area to make presentable and then we prepared for the day with the latest newspaper flyers and whatever else we needed to greet our customers. Of course, the most important part of the day was closing the sale and making sure we left the customers with the idea that they would definitely return to do business with us again.
I learned that integrity is of the utmost importance. Companies need to stand behind their products if they expect return business and referrals.
Unfortunately, the high turn over in management was hard on the company, both from an employee stand point and from the customers' perspective. My co-workers were for the most part,friendly yet professional. The salary was 100 % commission and sometimes there were altercations regarding customer sales.

The hardest part of the job was the long work day on weekends; with Sat. meetings at 8:00 am. and the closing sales details, we were there almost 11 hours. Regular work days went for 6 to 8 hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have been meeting and working with people from all walks of life, not over-looking the pay checks of course!
A competent retailer and a great employer.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 January 2016
A very good retailer with strong systems and retail programs that is very well integrated into the successful retailing system of their corporate brand. They trust and empower their employees allowing them both to succeed in a very competitive industry.
Pros
Supportive and collaborative employer
Cons
Industry changes and corporate consolidation
A hard working and career oriented individual
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 July 2012
My typical day at work is an 9 hours shift with no or minimal break.
It is a great company to work with.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
long hours, culture, salary/benefits, advancement
Typical day
Furniture Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2014
Management was good as well as the co-workers. The only think is if they could raise the pay for there employee's
Productive and exciting job everyday
Design Specialist (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2012
I had learend a lot about motivation and positive thinking in every thing i did. It is very exciting and challenging job that helped me make money and with the right management and great customers i dealt with, the best place to work in Furniture industry. Ups and Downs are always there in every company but its you that decides how your day is going to be. when you actually close a sale you feel like you had won the world and it happens everyday. sometimes long hours makes little harder but trust me once you sell its a pay back.
Pros
lots of free lunches and dinners with professionals
Cons
Great place to work but management needs improvement.
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
A typical day at work involved loading, inspecting and securing the product into the delivery vehicle for the day. After the goods are secured the drive teams would begin their day to deliver the load to varies clients and customers. The best part of the job were my co-workers, they were great, very supportive of one another and provided a great working atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be the interactions with management. As they would often not listen to the needs of the workers to preform the job both efficiently and safely. Management also seemed to have no code of ethics, the workers were told almost daily to deliver broken and/or damaged goods in hopes the client and/or customer would not notice and sign for them. The combination of these factors caused a high turn over rate within the transportation section of the company.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
The management
hard to work for and terrible to buy from
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, BC19 April 2013
I worked for them foe about 15 months and I have to say it was the worst place I worked in.
they paid commission only and the least commission in the retail industry.
you have to be there at 9 in the morning and you finish at 9 or 10.
you have to clean like a slave after 12 hour shift and you have to clean good.
Cons
long hours, bad commission, clean the store for free
Tough place to be a porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2015
The management will make a task that could be done in a hour take all day while going against all the wishes of the HQ in Winnipeg. Other than that the people are easy enough to get along with.
Great job to work at
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2012
Everyday was very busy with lots of different jobs to complete. Routing trucks, scheduling deliveries, customer pick ups, receiving parts, and many more things. I learned how to run an office as part of a team as well as by myself and how to do most of my roles as most of this was new to me when I started. I felt the management needed a lot more training as didn't take serious matters seriously. The hardest part of the job was when they took the office from 3 staff down to just me and kept adding more tasks to complete daily. When I was able to take to an angry customer that had issues with there delivery and was able to find a resolution that made the customer happy.
Simple and fun work, but not enough of it
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2015
Great team environment with cross training opportunities. Efficient workplace with hard workers. Learned to operate a Pick-Truck to load/unload product into warehouse storage. Some products over 150LBS, some assistance required. Smoke breaks and lunch taken by individual discretion, as long as the privilege wasn't abused.
Pros
Help always available
Cons
Not enough work for everyone when business is slow