Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Benefits.
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 1, 2016
Great people to work with!!! They also have fairly good benefits. I made so many friends and am truly going to miss working there. The company really had a team-work orientated environment that made it easy to work together across cities and provinces to get out tasks accomplished.
Decent job, but no real opportunities for growth in a career.
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 17, 2016
My job consists of unloading, loading, and dealing with stock mostly. I repair furniture, electronically handle inventory management, do tech support, clean, deal with customers, and try to keep everything that comes into the store moving smoothly and without issues.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constantly moving deadlines and actual goals of my job, which are sometimes unknown even to me.

I really do work with some fantastic people, but am learning that becoming friends with them and/or relying on them for things can really bite me in the end.
Pros
Decent job for motivated individual
Cons
Slippery deadlines make tasking hard to manage as they shift back and forth.
Growing Comapny but no balanced life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2016
Company is growing, salary is also good but no work and personal life balance. Customer service is too bad. Once you buy the furniture, you are on your own.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No good customer service, too many customer service issues.
A competent retailer and a great employer.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
A very good retailer with strong systems and retail programs that is very well integrated into the successful retailing system of their corporate brand. They trust and empower their employees allowing them both to succeed in a very competitive industry.
Pros
Supportive and collaborative employer
Cons
Industry changes and corporate consolidation
An active work schedule including a lot of interpersonal communication with management and customers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABDecember 2, 2015
A typical day of work includes loading and unloading work trucks with product from the store warehouse, assuring product is in proper condition and delivering it to residents within and beyond city limits. Organizing time effectively, working efficiently and maintaining positive rapport with clients. Working to enable schedule changes including delayed delivery or rescheduling. Communicating with head office and the store in town routinely regarding time management and productivity. Handling customers in a friendly manner within their homes and maintaining contact regarding future deliveries.
The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing customers and working closely with another employee day-to-day.
Pros
Flexibility, responsibility, physically active work
Cons
Insubstantial hours, cold weather, being held accountable for mix-ups during sales
Veery hectic placce to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 9, 2015
The CIBC offer very little in incentives but were very demanding in trying to get big results. I felt for such a large organisation they would have been run better.
Pros
It was a paying job.
Cons
Poor salary and incentives.
demanding,underpaid
Porter, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 17, 2015
I started out as a porter at 13.50/hour and on Saturdays I was working deliveries on the truck. after few months I realized that the other was getting $19. so I left working on the trucks. I got offered a full time position on the delivery truck and I got $18. after 3 months I still didn't get my benefits. 5 months have passed after I went full time still no benefits. the manager and my boss was very disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Tough place to be a porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2015
The management will make a task that could be done in a hour take all day while going against all the wishes of the HQ in Winnipeg. Other than that the people are easy enough to get along with.
Simple and fun work, but not enough of it
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
Great team environment with cross training opportunities. Efficient workplace with hard workers. Learned to operate a Pick-Truck to load/unload product into warehouse storage. Some products over 150LBS, some assistance required. Smoke breaks and lunch taken by individual discretion, as long as the privilege wasn't abused.
Pros
Help always available
Cons
Not enough work for everyone when business is slow
Wonderful Work Environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 3, 2015
Fabulous team. Was only employed through temp agency for store setup, but would love to work full time here. Manager is wonderful
fast paced and constant changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  albertaApril 15, 2015
Good place to work at if in retail. Mostly good management excdpt if you land up with a shrewed boss. Good team and good pay.
Pros
good income
Cons
not honest local regional management
Horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  11343 189 Street Edmonton Alberta CanadaFebruary 21, 2015
I do not recommend anyone working for Ashley Furniture, horrible management.

Horrible staff.

Horrible upper management.
Ashley Furniture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, OntarioFebruary 14, 2015
I would sweep and vacuum the entire store almost every week. Other days involved me doing things such as organizing files, displays, and charts. I was taught about the different types of products at the store during my time at Ashley Furniture and learned some things about customer service. The hardest part of the job would be giving advice to customers, as I did not know very much about furniture at the time. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else. I loved talking with customers, meeting co-workers, learning about the furniture, and working my hardest every day for the benefit of the company.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2014
During my tenure at Ashley Furniture, I can say that I enjoyed working in the homestore because my co associates are helping me during my training. They gave me enough training needs as Customer Service Representative. I got a good starting hourly rate and would give me an increase 3 months after.

Overall, it was a great opportunity to career at Ashley Furniture.
Pros
there are good benefits for the employees.
Sales at Ashley's
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  SaskatoonOctober 20, 2014
I enjoyed working in the sales department at Ashley's. The atmosphere was fun and friendly.
contracted
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2014
Contracted to fly out to Edmonton to open store.
Trained sales teams
worked closely with Serta
Pros
8 weeks
Cons
travel
Reasonable home furnishing prices
Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Retail walk in traffic looking to furnish their homes.
Drive retail sales and ensure customer satisfaction!
Pros
great staff relations, like a family
Cons
business closure april 2013
An extremely rewarding position.
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2014
A typical day would consist of Processing shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each load. I would then Conduct daily DOT pre-trip inspections according to a set checklist, before I was able to begin driving. Then it was mine and my swampers duty to Load and unload trailers with mechanical freight handling equipment.

Then I would transport freight from origin to destination in a safe and timely manner, while Using the necessary tools to fix and assemble all product while Supervising the crew and delegating tasks.

I find the position extremely rewarding as it has given me a great deal of experience, which has allowed me to grow as an individual, as well as a functioning employee.

Thank you.
Pros
always busy, good staff.
Cons
it can prove to be a difficult position, which makes it hard to find good crews as people come and go to frequently.
workplace duties
Customer Service/ Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 25, 2014
Ashley furniture has a great reputation when it comes to selling furniture. My day consists of loading and unloading furniture at a customers home. I also assemble and inspect if all furniture is not damaged. I can navigate myself around the city in any type of weather and road conditions. The best part of my job is I get to interact with new customers. You want to build customer relationships so that they come back.
Pros
learned how to install furniture
Cons
heavy lifting over 250 pounds
Typical day
Furniture Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2014
Management was good as well as the co-workers. The only think is if they could raise the pay for there employee's

Ashley Furniture Industries Reviews by Location