Ashley Furniture Industries Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Delivery Assistant and mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2016
Great hours, great tips, good team to work with, awesome customers, awesome pay! Great for a career, lots of new opportunities to learn from the company and the co workers!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Great place to pick up on skills and incorporate them into life experiences
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 November 2016
Going to work and being able to work hands on, also having the right eye helping you to send you on your marry way to get a job done. Can't feel more accomplishing. Learning the skills I have now can help me work forward and keep up on a solid work level.
In the upholstery servicing side I've never thought working close to people in their own homes could be more of an experience but making a connection to rebuild and communicate never felt so accomplishing. Even if its just something you sit on.
In my opinion of a tough work day is only too much work in a day.
Pros
Working with a keen team
Cons
Being able to work long enough hours
Great Benefits.
Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 July 2016
Great people to work with!!! They also have fairly good benefits. I made so many friends and am truly going to miss working there. The company really had a team-work orientated environment that made it easy to work together across cities and provinces to get out tasks accomplished.
Decent job, but no real opportunities for growth in a career.
Warehouse Porter (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 May 2016
My job consists of unloading, loading, and dealing with stock mostly. I repair furniture, electronically handle inventory management, do tech support, clean, deal with customers, and try to keep everything that comes into the store moving smoothly and without issues.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the constantly moving deadlines and actual goals of my job, which are sometimes unknown even to me.

I really do work with some fantastic people, but am learning that becoming friends with them and/or relying on them for things can really bite me in the end.
Pros
Decent job for motivated individual
Cons
Slippery deadlines make tasking hard to manage as they shift back and forth.
Growing Comapny but no balanced life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Company is growing, salary is also good but no work and personal life balance. Customer service is too bad. Once you buy the furniture, you are on your own.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No good customer service, too many customer service issues.
A competent retailer and a great employer.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 January 2016
A very good retailer with strong systems and retail programs that is very well integrated into the successful retailing system of their corporate brand. They trust and empower their employees allowing them both to succeed in a very competitive industry.
Pros
Supportive and collaborative employer
Cons
Industry changes and corporate consolidation
An active work schedule including a lot of interpersonal communication with management and customers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 December 2015
A typical day of work includes loading and unloading work trucks with product from the store warehouse, assuring product is in proper condition and delivering it to residents within and beyond city limits. Organizing time effectively, working efficiently and maintaining positive rapport with clients. Working to enable schedule changes including delayed delivery or rescheduling. Communicating with head office and the store in town routinely regarding time management and productivity. Handling customers in a friendly manner within their homes and maintaining contact regarding future deliveries.
The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing customers and working closely with another employee day-to-day.
Pros
Flexibility, responsibility, physically active work
Cons
Insubstantial hours, cold weather, being held accountable for mix-ups during sales
Veery hectic placce to work.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2015
The CIBC offer very little in incentives but were very demanding in trying to get big results. I felt for such a large organisation they would have been run better.
Pros
It was a paying job.
Cons
Poor salary and incentives.
demanding,underpaid
Porter, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 October 2015
I started out as a porter at 13.50/hour and on Saturdays I was working deliveries on the truck. after few months I realized that the other was getting $19. so I left working on the trucks. I got offered a full time position on the delivery truck and I got $18. after 3 months I still didn't get my benefits. 5 months have passed after I went full time still no benefits. the manager and my boss was very disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Tough place to be a porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2015
The management will make a task that could be done in a hour take all day while going against all the wishes of the HQ in Winnipeg. Other than that the people are easy enough to get along with.
Simple and fun work, but not enough of it
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2015
Great team environment with cross training opportunities. Efficient workplace with hard workers. Learned to operate a Pick-Truck to load/unload product into warehouse storage. Some products over 150LBS, some assistance required. Smoke breaks and lunch taken by individual discretion, as long as the privilege wasn't abused.
Pros
Help always available
Cons
Not enough work for everyone when business is slow
Wonderful Work Environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 June 2015
Fabulous team. Was only employed through temp agency for store setup, but would love to work full time here. Manager is wonderful
fast paced and constant changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  alberta15 April 2015
Good place to work at if in retail. Mostly good management excdpt if you land up with a shrewed boss. Good team and good pay.
Pros
good income
Cons
not honest local regional management
Horrible
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  11343 189 Street Edmonton Alberta Canada21 February 2015
I do not recommend anyone working for Ashley Furniture, horrible management.

Horrible staff.

Horrible upper management.
Ashley Furniture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Ontario14 February 2015
I would sweep and vacuum the entire store almost every week. Other days involved me doing things such as organizing files, displays, and charts. I was taught about the different types of products at the store during my time at Ashley Furniture and learned some things about customer service. The hardest part of the job would be giving advice to customers, as I did not know very much about furniture at the time. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoyed everything else. I loved talking with customers, meeting co-workers, learning about the furniture, and working my hardest every day for the benefit of the company.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2014
During my tenure at Ashley Furniture, I can say that I enjoyed working in the homestore because my co associates are helping me during my training. They gave me enough training needs as Customer Service Representative. I got a good starting hourly rate and would give me an increase 3 months after.

Overall, it was a great opportunity to career at Ashley Furniture.
Pros
There are good benefits for the employees.
Sales at Ashley's
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon20 October 2014
I enjoyed working in the sales department at Ashley's. The atmosphere was fun and friendly.
contracted
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2014
Contracted to fly out to Edmonton to open store.
Trained sales teams
worked closely with Serta
Pros
8 weeks
Cons
travel
Reasonable home furnishing prices
Sales - Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 September 2014
Retail walk in traffic looking to furnish their homes.
Drive retail sales and ensure customer satisfaction!
Pros
Great staff relations, like a family
Cons
business closure April 2013
An extremely rewarding position.
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2014
A typical day would consist of Processing shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each load. I would then Conduct daily DOT pre-trip inspections according to a set checklist, before I was able to begin driving. Then it was mine and my swampers duty to Load and unload trailers with mechanical freight handling equipment.

Then I would transport freight from origin to destination in a safe and timely manner, while Using the necessary tools to fix and assemble all product while Supervising the crew and delegating tasks.

I find the position extremely rewarding as it has given me a great deal of experience, which has allowed me to grow as an individual, as well as a functioning employee.

Thank you.
Pros
Always busy, Good staff.
Cons
It can prove to be a difficult position, which makes it hard to find good crews as people come and go to frequently.

Ashley Furniture Industries Reviews by Location