Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SFTF, LLC has revolutionized training and holds high importance in employee moral
Team Leader, Director of Fun (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2013
Amazing training program based on teamwork and end results.
Fun work environment!!
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment!
Cons: needs a better pay structure!!
The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendly customers!!
its ok
Customer service (Former Employee), layton, utahJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: fun staff.
Cons: bad managment
i really liked my job until a new manager was put into place. she was for lack of a better word "evil".
We get a lot done, but we are a very fun enjoyable office.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: i love my job, interacting with people, and helping customers out
Cons: low pay for the problems we have to deal with and the long hours, no pay raises or promotions are given to anyone
A typical day at work for me is coming in and organizing everything perfectly so I can start working. I accomplish my daily tasks first thing everyday. I answer phone calls, and key in tickets as they come. My coworkers in the office make it fun. We all like to laugh and joke around in our free time. We often have customer comment on how fun we make – more... it in the office. The hardest part of my job is trying to deal with unruly customer that don't understand what you try to explain, but I always manage to take care of them properly. – less
Too many employees trying to carry the boss title. No clear instructions. Lack of training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Okatie, SCJanuary 25, 2013
A typical work day consisted of dealing with coworkers who were unhappy with the work environment and management.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJanuary 21, 2013
Weekends are fast paced and can be fun. Expect to do a lot of cleaning and follow up calls during the week. Great company to work for and great sales/management team.
ware house
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 10 min breakks
pulling stuff for trucks/picking forklift/r/f guns /putting furniture to gether
ware house
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: 15min break
forklift/r/f guns/loading and unloading trucks/pullying jobs for people
Best furniture company to work for.
Asst. Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 13, 2012
Pros: great pay & benefits. great hours, vacation time. great atmosphere.
Cons: some months are slow and pay is not as high as other months. still great though.
Now, Ashley Homestores are individually ownder and operated for the most part. The one I worked at in Grand Junction, CO was one of the best places to work. GREAT commissioned pay, great incentives, great benefits. The owners there really took care of their employees and their customers. We always put the customer first.
Retail furniture store
General Manager (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLNovember 10, 2012
Pros: i was the gm
Cons: sub par financial opportunities/transitioning culture, only manager at store of 9.5 million annually
My tenure occurred during a time of cultural flux, not a good fit for me.
Nice people to work with/management makes poor decisions
Warehouse & Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Edison, NJOctober 20, 2012
Pros: employee discount on furniture
Cons: poor compensation, management is confused and makes poor decisions
avoid unless you are in desperate need of a job. they tell/give you a checklist of what your job details should be, however, they expect you to do multiple tasks that are not included in your job checklist-or they add multiple new tasks to your already busy/hectic work load with no type of compensation and basically tell you, "you have to do it, or – more... find yourself jobless" (this actually happened) – less
a good place to work as long as you don't mind working weekends
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Middletown, NYOctober 6, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: must work all weekends and holidays
a good place to be employed. good benefits, great people. good chance for advancement.
Need to be part of in crowd with no life
Customer Service/Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: long hours and management
Very toxic place to work. If the operation manager does not like you they while lie about events to get you fired. A lot of work for little pay. They put you on salary and make you work very long hours 50 a week. They tell you before hired that will not have to work all weekends LIE!! Do not work here if you have a family you will never see them. The – more... store manager does not handle any customer issues that is all done by guest services or the CSR. The store manager works less hours then the CSR. The training is not very good at all and CSR manager is never around for help. – less
Very flexible with schedule because of kids, family environment
CSR, DRIVER RELEASE, AND EXTENDED WARRANTY (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 9, 2012
This has been a good place to work for the past nine years. I maintain all accounts with the extended warranty company, and ensure that any issues that arise are taken care of.
Would not recommend - Crazy work environment
Customer Specialist (Current Employee), Ballwin, MOSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: coworkers are great - most customers are amazing to work with.
Cons: poor management - low pay - terrible commission structure.
Too many unprofessional managers who love writing you up constantly instead of making you a success at sales .. the managers follow behind you while you are working with a customer to make sure you are ace connecting (which makes the customer feel uncomfortable that you have a manager following you during your sale).

Low pay - the commission structure – more... is awful - you don't even make commission on each sale - commission kicks in once you sell and delivered monthly of over $33,000 - constant pressure to sell insurance on each sale.

The company does not appreciate their employees - especially for a company that is open for every holiday. – less
It was an okay place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJuly 21, 2012
Pros: meeting people.
Cons: coworkers that would take a sale from you.
Most days had very little customer traffic. You had to be a strong closer. On the busy days it seemed like there was always more sales associates than customers. I enjoyed meeting the many different people and building a relationship with them.
Management could be a lot better there.
The hardest part of the job were the open to close shifts if there – more... were no customers. Makes for a very long day. – less
Pleasant environment, friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mansfield, OHJuly 13, 2012
Pros: beautiful surroundings
Cons: health care is too expensive
I enjoy my position at Ashley Furniture because of the artmosphere and my co-workers. My manager is a great lady to work for and the store managers are very hands-on with training of salespeople.The owners are very community conscience donating merchandise and money to various deserving organizations.
Very Productive warehouse atmosphere
Warehouse Production & Delivery (Former Employee), Bryant, ARJuly 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short brakes
A typical day in the warehouse for me is very calm in the mourning. I start by loading customer's orders and opening them up to fill orders for the day. We set up deliveries for the truck drivers.When I'm finish with that, then I would unload trucks and restock furniture and at the same time I would have to listen for the intercom just in case we would – more... have to help customers carry out furniture and accessories to their car. I would also go out to the show room floor to help rearrange furniture with the interior decorator. Therefore I have picked up a little experience on how to arrange furniture. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the value of hard work. The hardest part of the job is whenever Ashley Furniture has a big sale, have to make sure we fill all our orders for the day and it can take from 10 to 12 hours in a day. – less
very toxic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2012
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: see above
hours horrible, work every weekend, no weekend days off at all
over staffed, 15-20 sales people on the floor, customers constantly getting asked if they have been helped, making them mad
vacation pay $300 a week, not on par with commission
medical & dental insurance is a joke
sales manager is not a nice person
takes up to one hour to process one order
other – more... employees pick on new people to get them to quit so they can write more sales, management tolerates this – less
great training.
Salesperson (Current Employee), SCJuly 6, 2012
Just not the right fit for me. Solid knowledge foundation; great co-workers; Management was helpful. Days varied from busy to slow; Hardest part was balancing bill budget with busy/slow times; best part was co-workers motivation.