Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best furniture company to work for.
Asst. Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Grand Junction, CODecember 13, 2012
Pros: great pay & benefits. great hours, vacation time. great atmosphere.
Cons: some months are slow and pay is not as high as other months. still great though.
Now, Ashley Homestores are individually ownder and operated for the most part. The one I worked at in Grand Junction, CO was one of the best places to work. GREAT commissioned pay, great incentives, great benefits. The owners there really took care of their employees and their customers. We always put the customer first.
Retail furniture store
General Manager (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLNovember 10, 2012
Pros: i was the gm
Cons: sub par financial opportunities/transitioning culture, only manager at store of 9.5 million annually
My tenure occurred during a time of cultural flux, not a good fit for me.
Nice people to work with/management makes poor decisions
Warehouse & Billing Administrator (Current Employee), Edison, NJOctober 20, 2012
Pros: employee discount on furniture
Cons: poor compensation, management is confused and makes poor decisions
avoid unless you are in desperate need of a job. they tell/give you a checklist of what your job details should be, however, they expect you to do multiple tasks that are not included in your job checklist-or they add multiple new tasks to your already busy/hectic work load with no type of compensation and basically tell you, "you have to do it, or – more... find yourself jobless" (this actually happened) – less
a good place to work as long as you don't mind working weekends
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Middletown, NYOctober 6, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: must work all weekends and holidays
a good place to be employed. good benefits, great people. good chance for advancement.
Need to be part of in crowd with no life
Customer Service/Office Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: long hours and management
Very toxic place to work. If the operation manager does not like you they while lie about events to get you fired. A lot of work for little pay. They put you on salary and make you work very long hours 50 a week. They tell you before hired that will not have to work all weekends LIE!! Do not work here if you have a family you will never see them. The – more... store manager does not handle any customer issues that is all done by guest services or the CSR. The store manager works less hours then the CSR. The training is not very good at all and CSR manager is never around for help. – less
Very flexible with schedule because of kids, family environment
CSR, DRIVER RELEASE, AND EXTENDED WARRANTY (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 9, 2012
This has been a good place to work for the past nine years. I maintain all accounts with the extended warranty company, and ensure that any issues that arise are taken care of.
Would not recommend - Crazy work environment
Customer Specialist (Current Employee), Ballwin, MOSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: coworkers are great - most customers are amazing to work with.
Cons: poor management - low pay - terrible commission structure.
Too many unprofessional managers who love writing you up constantly instead of making you a success at sales .. the managers follow behind you while you are working with a customer to make sure you are ace connecting (which makes the customer feel uncomfortable that you have a manager following you during your sale).

Low pay - the commission structure – more... is awful - you don't even make commission on each sale - commission kicks in once you sell and delivered monthly of over $33,000 - constant pressure to sell insurance on each sale.

The company does not appreciate their employees - especially for a company that is open for every holiday. – less
It was an okay place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJuly 21, 2012
Pros: meeting people.
Cons: coworkers that would take a sale from you.
Most days had very little customer traffic. You had to be a strong closer. On the busy days it seemed like there was always more sales associates than customers. I enjoyed meeting the many different people and building a relationship with them.
Management could be a lot better there.
The hardest part of the job were the open to close shifts if there – more... were no customers. Makes for a very long day. – less
Pleasant environment, friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Mansfield, OHJuly 13, 2012
Pros: beautiful surroundings
Cons: health care is too expensive
I enjoy my position at Ashley Furniture because of the artmosphere and my co-workers. My manager is a great lady to work for and the store managers are very hands-on with training of salespeople.The owners are very community conscience donating merchandise and money to various deserving organizations.
Very Productive warehouse atmosphere
Warehouse Production & Delivery (Former Employee), Bryant, ARJuly 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short brakes
A typical day in the warehouse for me is very calm in the mourning. I start by loading customer's orders and opening them up to fill orders for the day. We set up deliveries for the truck drivers.When I'm finish with that, then I would unload trucks and restock furniture and at the same time I would have to listen for the intercom just in case we would – more... have to help customers carry out furniture and accessories to their car. I would also go out to the show room floor to help rearrange furniture with the interior decorator. Therefore I have picked up a little experience on how to arrange furniture. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the value of hard work. The hardest part of the job is whenever Ashley Furniture has a big sale, have to make sure we fill all our orders for the day and it can take from 10 to 12 hours in a day. – less
very toxic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2012
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: see above
hours horrible, work every weekend, no weekend days off at all
over staffed, 15-20 sales people on the floor, customers constantly getting asked if they have been helped, making them mad
vacation pay $300 a week, not on par with commission
medical & dental insurance is a joke
sales manager is not a nice person
takes up to one hour to process one order
other – more... employees pick on new people to get them to quit so they can write more sales, management tolerates this – less
great training.
Salesperson (Current Employee), SCJuly 6, 2012
Just not the right fit for me. Solid knowledge foundation; great co-workers; Management was helpful. Days varied from busy to slow; Hardest part was balancing bill budget with busy/slow times; best part was co-workers motivation.
The owner uses religion as a sales tactic.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJune 20, 2012
Pros: great money if you sell the right items.
Cons: many mandatory shifts, weekend and midnight sales
Sales staff is purely commision...upon delivery being the catch. They can be up to 6 months out on popular products so you are working very far in advance. You can make great money if you can figure out what is in stock. It's also based on what the design staff puts on the floor and they don't care if you make any money.
The management is great.
The – more... owner is very hipocritical. He makes you pray every day before you work but I once saw him refuse to help a local church with something that it was within his power to provide and would not cost him a penny because it wasn't his church. – less
Difficult
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), CharlotteMay 12, 2012
Pros: na
Be careful if you work for this company, they do not care about their employees, only about money you can make for them.
Good brand and well known name, must be a work aholic
Sales (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 11, 2012
Pros: well known brand, decent advertising, good traffic
Cons: no weekends or holidays off, not a, place to learn how to sell
I first think that if you're a self motivated sales person with the intangibles it takes to be successful, you can succeed at Ashley. The turnover is very high and only few have been able to stay successful despite the economy and lack of consistency the company has to offer. That lack comes from the top and like most companies it's a game of politics. – more... It's a good brand with high demand but because it's a franchise, and the owners see you as a mere body theres little to no appreciation for the employees. – less
Fun to work
Sales Associates (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 9, 2012
Pros: tension free
This is fun to work with Ashley, its nice place, no tension if you achieve your goals.
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Maria CaliforniaMay 4, 2012
Pros: bonus
Cons: leaving early
Forklift ,Manage Storage Room ,Inspect and Measure Air Quality/Maintance Missile Launch Pad /Satellite,Storage Area,Roll Walls,High Lift Crane Clean/Maintance Whiteroom Floors with Special Solutions,empty all receptacle at V.A.F.B Facilities,Check Supplies,Customer Service and give our Clients a Clean Health Enviroment
Reasonable sales goals.
furniture sales (Former Employee), Olean, NYApril 18, 2012
It was fun helping people. Sales goals were reasonably set and achievable.
A great system as far as layout and responsibility
Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee), Live Oak, TXMarch 28, 2012
Typical morning meetings for different promotions and abnormal instructions. Great team members who are ready to help. Management is about the bottom line and doesn't focus on continued sales training and building technique in-store.
Only if you need a job
Senior Product Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2012
The work is bad, the pay is worse and management is incompetent.