Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
First of all, I truly loved this place. the majority of employees were wonderful.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 24, 2013
Pros: possible income of 35k+
Cons: you have to be inefficient at your current position in order to be promoted. bassakwards.
This is a commission based job, which I never had a problem with. The problem was with the store mngmt. The store mngr was once a sales associate, but ran when they switched to commission because she couldn't handle it, so she got promoted..? Next is the new sales manger, nice guy I guess but he joined the company as a warehouse guy after being fired – more... from Furniture Row due to low low sales numbers. The store is an oxymoron. Let's not talk about the Constant whining of the warehouse mngr. And his beyond poor customer service. You could be the top salesman and pull in some great money for you and the store, but if you can't kiss up right , move along. A lot of politics and cliques in this place. I'd go back in a heartbeat, only after they dump these backstabbing inefficient mngrs. – less
Sales/Design/Mattress Professional
SALES (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2013
Pros: potential for income is excellent
Cons: highs and lows of income make budgeting for bills challenging.
Greet customers, Bond. Visualize type of space they want to create, assist them in the selection, design and financing of their project. Create value in products offered. Managers are awesome. Part of a great team of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of income. The most enjoyable is working with the public.
A lot of work that creates a lot more work.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: people are great.
Cons: management don't listen.
Management positions are very hard to come by...be prepared to give your life to the company.
Fun, Exciting, StrongTeam Enviroment with great employee moral
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Ledgewood and Phillipsburg NJAugust 10, 2013
Pros: awesome sales team members and great support staff in customer service!
Cons: our mission and core values that once drove our business to success, were later forgotten causing employees, customers and profits to suffer
Every day was new and exciting. From new products, new employees, customer service/satisfaction, daily training.
I worked very closely with our visual designer with weekly meetings to review product selection for both locations.

I enjoyed Coaching one-on-one with each sales team member and found great pleasure in witnessing their success from a learned – more... dicipline or new sales technique. Assisting in closing sales...the employees were confident that when I got involved the sale was going to be closed today.

I was well respected by all employees for "walking the walk" and leading by example. I never sat in an office, I spent my working hours on the sales floor; observing, directing and assisting, in turn building and maintaining strong sales teams.

One of the best parts of my position was being a very sucessfully coach, trainer and leader to new and seasoned employees. Developing very confident, knowledgable, happy, successful team members, who continually learn and grow.

The hardest part of the job was spending time training and coaching someone who unfortunatly was not hired for the right position...I never enjoyed releasing an employee who cared or tried their best.

My co-workers were like family. For the most part we all got along very well, genuinely cared about one another and had alot of fun working together. The strong employee moral led to having little turn over, happy employees, two successful/profitable locations and very high customer satisfaction. – less
Very professional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 5, 2013
busy, productive, loving people. well rounded people. hardworking learning about retail
Always Changing
Sales Professional (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 29, 2013
Pros: green bay's store manager
Cons: unattainable company goals
I had a fabulous Manager throughout the years and made some good friends. It was time for something new.
Challenging and fun
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2013
Keeping systems at maximum uptime, room to innovate, awesome employees who appreciate IT.
I have enjoyed growing with the company
Special Projects Manager / Network Administrator (Current Employee), Batavia, NYJuly 21, 2013
I have worked for Ashley Furniture for over a decade and have learned important management techniques and have enjoyed a great work environment with co-workers.

I have enjoyed the challenges the last 10 years the most and being successful in those challenges.
great place to work for
FRONT OFFICE TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), humble, txJuly 13, 2013
the location I am I its a great place great atmosphere. I think the company is great I just want to grow more. I just want to be given h opportunity to show that I can be put in a bigger manager role. they have great training classes. they have a lot of training for there managers for what ever manger position you are in.
Wonderful job and coworkers
Office Clerical (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: great environment, nice coworkers, and ok pay
Cons: no benefits, not full time, and hard to balance work school and kids with the schedule given.
-My daily tasks included Opening the office alone, checking the previous nights deposit (fixing it if necessary), taking deposit to bank, fax/copy/scan, filing customer service, data entry, counting the drawer and making deposit at night then closing the office with one other coworker
-A lot! This was my first clerical/reception position. I learned – more... everything I know about running an office today from that job.
-All coworkers were very similar to me, outgoing and bubbly!
- Finding productive things to do during downtime.
-Being with friends and entering the data. – less
Exciting & Challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 19, 2013
Pros: team oriented. experienced networkers preferred!
Cons: not enough time allowed for training and hands on experience
I enjoyed my training with Ashley Furniture Homestore. Enthusiam made the difference in my acceptance of the challenge to learn sales here. The Company CEO is very professional and energetic. A previous furniture salesman. The movitivation of the CEO will make anyone want to work for the stores he oversee. However, for unexperienced sales people, I – more... would choose another enviroment with Low Competitive Sales. Myability to sale clothers,shoes etc, was not enough to satisfy this company. People with Networking skills who can offer a product or skill to acquire sales will profit big during the slow intervals of the business. – less
job
Operations Manager/float (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 18, 2013
Pros: its a job
It is your average job in todays time. Hard work for average money.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore Sales Associate
Professional Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rogers, ARMay 29, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: long hours, short lunch, managment, commission only.
This is not a place you want to work! The management doesn't care about their employees or customers, and will cheat you if they can get away with it. The hours are long, and your work every Saturday and Sunday. This is not a company you want to work for if you want to have any sort of life outside of work. If you don't sell during your first week on – more... the job, they will fire you. Turnover is high with this company! This is a commission only job, and you will not make much! – less
Great place to work, but had horrible leadership
Premier Product Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJMay 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: commision only, high stress environment
At Ashley, it is a complete retail environment. That means weekends and holidays and varying days off during the week.

In a typical day, you arrive at work, have a daily huddle, then hit the floor. There is an UP system so it is fair. During the day you will learn many things, including how to deal with almost every type of person. In this business – more... you cannot succeed unless you can make the customer feel comfortable the moment they meet you. Also,learning how to deal with many sales tactics, closing tools, negotiating prices, etc.
The management staff at our store, well put it this way; I've been there a year and a half and have had 8 different managers already. There is no security for them and no desire for me to grow in this company with no security.
The best part about the job is actually the environment. Although there are many managers coming and going, the sales staff generally stays the same. I have grown alot learning from my peers and have also helped to maintain a sane and fair selling environment.
Making the big sales and the bonuses is definitely the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job.
The downfall would be no weekends, no holiday time, poor management, and commision based income. – less
Fun Environment
Customer Service Representative/Floor Technician (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 25, 2013
I really enjoyed the atmosphere. You get to work at big parties that involve famous people at times or charities for a good cause. You will work on all holidays and weekends though.
Move move move
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: discount on furniture.
Cons: having to make so much a week in sales.
I would walk around assisting customers in making decisions on buying furniture. I learned to be more confident in myself. The managers were great always willing to help. Co-workers were always helpful to new people and fun to be around. Hardest part of the job was making sure you sold enough furniture. I loved making a sale just made me very happy.
Wish I could have stayed
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2013
Great environment, room for growth, management always helping you.
Run from this place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 16, 2013
Pros: they have one nice person in management
Cons: everything about this place is terrible
You do not want to work at Ashley Furniture in Evansville IN. Other than the one female manager who is great the rest of the management team is awful. There is always some new rule they are coming up with to make it harder for you to make money.
Ok to work for, its a job
Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 15, 2013
Good environment, management was not the best when I was there and quite a bit of backstabbing.
Productive and fun working environment
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, KYMay 1, 2013
Pros: working independently while doing something i love. decorating.
Cons: working weekends and if delivery messes up an order.
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, familarizing myself with their taste. Being patient with them during their purchasing process. Listening is a huge factor. I enjoy meeting new people as well as working with previous customers and their families.
Management has been terrific.
I would say the hardest part of my job is working every weekend. – more... Other than that, I love what I do. – less