Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, but had horrible leadership
Premier Product Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJMay 28, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: commision only, high stress environment
At Ashley, it is a complete retail environment. That means weekends and holidays and varying days off during the week.

In a typical day, you arrive at work, have a daily huddle, then hit the floor. There is an UP system so it is fair. During the day you will learn many things, including how to deal with almost every type of person. In this business – more... you cannot succeed unless you can make the customer feel comfortable the moment they meet you. Also,learning how to deal with many sales tactics, closing tools, negotiating prices, etc.
The management staff at our store, well put it this way; I've been there a year and a half and have had 8 different managers already. There is no security for them and no desire for me to grow in this company with no security.
The best part about the job is actually the environment. Although there are many managers coming and going, the sales staff generally stays the same. I have grown alot learning from my peers and have also helped to maintain a sane and fair selling environment.
Making the big sales and the bonuses is definitely the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job.
The downfall would be no weekends, no holiday time, poor management, and commision based income. – less
Fun Environment
Customer Service Representative/Floor Technician (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 25, 2013
I really enjoyed the atmosphere. You get to work at big parties that involve famous people at times or charities for a good cause. You will work on all holidays and weekends though.
Move move move
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: discount on furniture.
Cons: having to make so much a week in sales.
I would walk around assisting customers in making decisions on buying furniture. I learned to be more confident in myself. The managers were great always willing to help. Co-workers were always helpful to new people and fun to be around. Hardest part of the job was making sure you sold enough furniture. I loved making a sale just made me very happy.
Wish I could have stayed
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 17, 2013
Great environment, room for growth, management always helping you.
Run from this place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 16, 2013
Pros: they have one nice person in management
Cons: everything about this place is terrible
You do not want to work at Ashley Furniture in Evansville IN. Other than the one female manager who is great the rest of the management team is awful. There is always some new rule they are coming up with to make it harder for you to make money.
Ok to work for, its a job
Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 15, 2013
Good environment, management was not the best when I was there and quite a bit of backstabbing.
Productive and fun working environment
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, KYMay 1, 2013
Pros: working independently while doing something i love. decorating.
Cons: working weekends and if delivery messes up an order.
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, familarizing myself with their taste. Being patient with them during their purchasing process. Listening is a huge factor. I enjoy meeting new people as well as working with previous customers and their families.
Management has been terrific.
I would say the hardest part of my job is working every weekend. – more... Other than that, I love what I do. – less
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJApril 30, 2013
Great company to work for. I enjoy my time there. I worked with a lot of interesting people as well.
Limited Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 17, 2013
Cons: erratic schedules, limited advancement:only possible when new stores opened out of the area.
I would either be the Opening/ Closing Customer service Lead: Implement opening and closing procedures; financial reports: Master Cash, A/R Aging and Undelivered Sales, manage telephone traffic, access inventory information and advise sales associates, complete sales transactions; calculate and apply discounts for various promotions, cashiering, pricing – more... for Alternative finance dept., execute daily checklists and explain terms for customer pick-up or delivery. – less
Fun fast paced environment
Customer service (Current Employee), Paramus New JerseyApril 6, 2013
Pros: co workers support each other and are fun to work with
Cons: long hours, nights and weekends required
This job is ideal for someone very bright and social. A typical day includes answering phones and processing orders, calling customers to schedule deliveries, replenishing forms, filing, scanning, training and handling issues. Co workers are great and fun to work with. There are opportunities for advancement.
All good things
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hays, KSApril 3, 2013
Pros: free health insurance
Cons: literally nothing
I have nothing bad to say about them. They treated me well. Management really knows what they are doing.
Fun workplace
Sales (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VAMarch 29, 2013
Pros: fun, laid back
Cons: hours
Fun workplace,great workers but all commission sales and lead to problems in the workplace.
SFTF, LLC has revolutionized training and holds high importance in employee moral
Team Leader, Director of Fun (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 14, 2013
Amazing training program based on teamwork and end results.
Fun work environment!!
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment!
Cons: needs a better pay structure!!
The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendly customers!!
its ok
Customer service (Former Employee), layton, utahJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: fun staff.
Cons: bad managment
i really liked my job until a new manager was put into place. she was for lack of a better word "evil".
We get a lot done, but we are a very fun enjoyable office.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: i love my job, interacting with people, and helping customers out
Cons: low pay for the problems we have to deal with and the long hours, no pay raises or promotions are given to anyone
A typical day at work for me is coming in and organizing everything perfectly so I can start working. I accomplish my daily tasks first thing everyday. I answer phone calls, and key in tickets as they come. My coworkers in the office make it fun. We all like to laugh and joke around in our free time. We often have customer comment on how fun we make – more... it in the office. The hardest part of my job is trying to deal with unruly customer that don't understand what you try to explain, but I always manage to take care of them properly. – less
Too many employees trying to carry the boss title. No clear instructions. Lack of training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Okatie, SCJanuary 25, 2013
A typical work day consisted of dealing with coworkers who were unhappy with the work environment and management.
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Springdale, ARJanuary 21, 2013
Weekends are fast paced and can be fun. Expect to do a lot of cleaning and follow up calls during the week. Great company to work for and great sales/management team.
ware house
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 10 min breakks
pulling stuff for trucks/picking forklift/r/f guns /putting furniture to gether
ware house
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: 15min break
forklift/r/f guns/loading and unloading trucks/pullying jobs for people