Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work and really show your talents
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work is receiving floor product in the morning and then taking the product to the floor and decorating/ merchandising the product in a way that customers will be attracted to and purchase.
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Delivery Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: little room for advancement
A typical day at work would either take place in the warehouse or delivery truck. Involves moving furniture in and out of people's homes, bedroom + office setups, and dealing with customers.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: training, wage and friendly environment
Cons: weekends
I have worked for a few other major furniture chains in Medicine Hat. I must say I was really surprised by what Ashley Furniture had to offer when I interviewed with them, it sounded too good to be true as the salary was 50% higher then the last place I worked. They told me I would get tons of training and they weren't kidding. I wasn't just thrown – more... on the sales floor to fail and be forgotten about. Even a couple of months after starting, the management team stayed supportive and training was on going. There was always an incentive above the regular commissions and the incentives were actually obtainable. Commissions were higher than average with no profit sharing where the company takes a portion so that was nice. Benefits were top notch as well and any reimbursement took days to get back not months. The Sales Manager was so friendly and always there to help. She really promotes a team environment and is fair with everyone no favorites. I would go back in a heart beat if I could get weekends off. – less
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: training, wage and friendly environment
Cons: weekends
Poor management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 17, 2012
Management does not follow protocol as per their policy manual which affects employees performance in a negative way. IE: weekly Performance Improvement Meetings are not done and subsequently employees are not aware of their shortcomings or accomplishments and fail to progress as expected.
Severe Micromanaged Environment
Office Manger (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAJuly 15, 2014
As a manager, there was very little managing involved. The difference in management and a general clerk amounted to access to the company wide cash register. Most of what I learned at this company I learned in spite of ownership and upper management. It was common practice to withhold valuable information from employees only to berate them later for – more... not knowing how to solve problems. The work atmosphere was one of heavy stress and little reward. – less
Hard worker/Good work ethic
Commissioned home (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 15, 2014
Permanent and fulltime hands-on position in a production or sales/service setting where I can contribute to meeting team goals and quotas by applying my mechanical skills and experience, my sound judgment and my ability to consistently perform at high levels under deadline and budget pressures.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 7, 2014
Good friends, commission only make it a stressful jobs, managements are not quite helpful.
Great!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Corbin, KYJuly 1, 2014
As the office manager my days were very busy filled with orders, inventory, customer service, finacial applications, delivery setup and occasional sales if all salespersons were busy. I enjoyed the vast variety of my responsibility at Ashley Furniture.
I enjoyed my job
Sales associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: i really joyed my job
Cons: making the deadlines every month
A typical day: We started with a morning meeting we walk the sales floor as a group..and go over the ad for the day.. .

What I learn. I learn how to be more aggressive on the sales
floor.learn more about furniture,

management: management was fair..

your co-workers: very competitive

the hardest part of job: hardest making my quota..taking the customer – more... that just came in to look,turn it around as a sales, I did enjoy it at the end..

the most enjoyable part of the job: when you made a friend,return
customers that ask for you only...making a customer happy that they came to Ashley's. – less
Very time consuming but fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tupelo MSJune 26, 2014
I did lots of management duties as I was a shift leader/ key holder. I was a top performer on the sales floor. I finished 3rd for the entire company for Spencer Group in 2013.
normal average workspace
Credit Processor (Current Employee), Harahan, LAJune 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay, paid vacation, paid holiday, sick time, employee beneifts
Cons: working weekends, late hours, working different holidays
I have came along way from were I was before I started working at Ashley furniture. I have learned how to handle tough situations and learned how to handle things in a way to help calm the customer down and show them I am here to listen. also ways to help any way I possibly can with their situation. I have made a lot of friends with this company but – more... there have been issues with a few people. Still are haven some but I am not the person to complain. I respect my work place and put a smile on my face everyday. I treat others the way I want to be treated. – less
I'd recommend it if you really need a job
Design Team Member (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 9, 2014
This is a place that will hire anyone. Most people don't make a lot of money because the job is more a mental game. There is opportunity to make a really decent wage. The management is horrible. The turnover is ridiculous. But its an alright job for the guy who needs one.
Fun job very interactive.
CSR Representative (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 1, 2014
Pros: one weekend a month off
Cons: 100 mile a day commute.
In a typical day at Ashley Furniture I take approximately 25 calls from customers, other stores and from corporate. I run credit applications, take payments and up date customer accounts. My favorite part of this job is the customer interaction. My least favorite part of this job is the commute.
Not a career.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 29, 2014
A typical day at Ashley Furniture Homestore is very professional. The co-workers and the work environment is very family oriented. Also, you do not have a chance to grow or expand. The position you are hired for will be the position you will stay at for a very long time. The most enjoyable part of the job will be the team members, they're very nice. – more... Benefits are not good at all. – less
Good Learning Experience
Office Manager (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 27, 2014
Some slow days but good learning
co-workers are good to work with
good people person job
Good employer
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMay 27, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: retail schedule
I really enjoyed the people and management team I was a part of. I enjoyed working with customers and helping them to have the best experience with this company as possible.
Mandated Review
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJMay 27, 2014
This was the worst company I ever worked with. The owner/manager ruthless individuals. They have no respect for their sales force.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), South FloridaMay 20, 2014
Cons: long hours, have to come in on days off to hit sales goal
Most enjoyable part of the job - Fun and energetic coworkers, no hard labor
Hardest part - Trying to have a work/life balance, hitting sales goal each month
Stay Away
Show Room Mover (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 15, 2014
I was here for a total of 6 weeks. Within this time my Supervisor had put in her resignation. 9 Sales Reps quit, and 3 show room movers from other stores quit. At first I thought I just came in at a time where people were moving on to bigger and better things. After about 2 weeks I thought it might be safe to keep applying for jobs that could boost – more... my resume in Computer Science since after all that is what I'm going to school for. The compensation for the work I did was below what it should have been, and the quality of their product was horrible. If you are looking for something to hold you over till you find something better then I say go for it. Otherwise please don't make this a career. – less

1 2 3 4 5