Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2014
Pros: there are good benefits for the employees.
During my tenure at Ashley Furniture, I can say that I enjoyed working in the homestore because my co associates are helping me during my training. They gave me enough training needs as Customer Service Representative. I got a good starting hourly rate and would give me an increase 3 months after.

Overall, it was a great opportunity to career at Ashley Furniture.
A great place to work and really show your talents
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work is receiving floor product in the morning and then taking the product to the floor and decorating/ merchandising the product in a way that customers will be attracted to and purchase.
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Delivery Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: little room for advancement
A typical day at work would either take place in the warehouse or delivery truck. Involves moving furniture in and out of people's homes, bedroom + office setups, and dealing with customers.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: training, wage and friendly environment
Cons: weekends
I have worked for a few other major furniture chains in Medicine Hat. I must say I was really surprised by what Ashley Furniture had to offer when I interviewed with them, it sounded too good to be true as the salary was 50% higher then the last place I worked. They told me I would get tons of training and they weren't kidding. I wasn't just thrown on the sales floor to fail and be forgotten about. Even a couple of months after starting, the management team stayed supportive and training was on going. There was always an incentive above the regular commissions and the incentives were actually obtainable. Commissions were higher than average with no profit sharing where the company takes a portion so that was nice. Benefits were top notch as well and any reimbursement took days to get back not months. The Sales Manager was so friendly and always there to help. She really promotes a team environment and is fair with everyone no favorites. I would go back in a heart beat if I could get weekends off.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: training, wage and friendly environment
Cons: weekends
A hard working and career oriented individual
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: team spirit
Cons: long hours, culture, salary/benefits, advancement
My typical day at work is an 9 hours shift with no or minimal break.
It is a great company to work with.
Excellent training, product information and availability.
Sales Consultant - Interior Designer (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: execellent benefits
Cons: inconsiderate sales people
Greeting customers, assisting in layouts of the rooms and putting together a total look for their home. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smile on customers face while looking at the new furniture and accessories that I assisted in putting together for them.
Recently had a liquidation sale
Certified Home Specialist (Former Employee), Sherman, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: no healthcare, no help
When I first began my job at Ashley Furniture it was under different management after they changed general mangers things began going downhill. The new management was never there or always had to leave early and the office manager did the same thing leaving only myself and one other co-worker to run the store, if we had questions about anything we were to figure it out. The only enjoyable part of that job was the paychecks.
Positive environment and healthy work place.
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Working for Ashley I gained an extensive amount of knowledge about clerical work. I was able to learn how to build relationships with our clients and help solve any and every issues that they would have. Ashley allowed me to really expand my management skills and learn how to successfully maintain a friendly and positive work space,
Awesome company
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay scales
A very fun and productive workplace.Quality furniture at reasonable prices. I would recommend Ashley furniture highly.
Great Career
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mokena, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great pay, great career
Cons: long shifts in holidays, black out dates on holidays
Nice staff, advancement opportunities, financial growth, and self directed sales.
Great Place to Work and Great Company All Around.
Sales Representatives (Former Employee), Colton, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: great managment, cafe inside store
Cons: role playing
Very Nice Environment to Work In Get to Work in the Morning Right before Open to public, and work your 8 hrs. at this Great Company I learned so Much They really take the time to teach you about their product and how to sell it. Management is one of the best I have ever had the opportunity to work for. Coworkers are always very helpful even if it is a Sales by Commission Job. For my Personal Belief the Hardest Part would have to be the Role playing that they made Mandatory other than that, there was not any hard part that I did not enjoy, I enjoyed everything about it. absolutely Great Company to Work for.
Work for little
Delivery Agent (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 17, 2014
This company makes to much money to pay so little. Since majority of them are franchised locations, I'm sure each has different reviews. As for my review, working from the corporate, and traveling to different stores, this company is definitely not a great place to work if your have an active life, or want to support your family. While other furniture stores such as Nebraska's, start off 11.50 p/h... AFHS starts of, depending on the department, 8-9 p/hr. BIG difference. after taxes, your making below, if not right at min. wage. They don't appreciate their employees, and show no "Thank You" to their employee for the long over worked hours and sacrifices ppl make to make sure their company is running smoothly.
great work experience
Sales Consultant/Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay could be better.
Typical day at work are to come in and help guest to find the exact pieces of furniture they are looking for. I learned about all aspects of the company. I learned about the profit to margin ratio. My co-workers are great, we all work together as a team to make the job a success.
great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burbank, ILNovember 17, 2014
love it, everyone is nice, and productive workers. hardest part; there aren't any what so ever. This is Truly a great place to work.
VIP Party displays
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Driggs, IDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch and gas cards
Cons: short on staff
I loved learning something everyday about new products. Also fixing furniture for customers.
Good ownership and greta people
Associate Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits package
A lot of hours, 55+ for management, Work all weekends and Holidays, Overall, a good environment, very demanding upper management.
Enjoyable and predictable daily experience!
Assistant to the Controller (Current Employee), 6312 West Broad St, Richmond VA 23230November 12, 2014
Overall, I enjoy my job. I miss being in a supervisory role, as I am the assistant to the controller, and there isn't any possibility of advancement in this position. I enjoy doing bookkeeping, and data entry, and working with numbers. I appreciate having a set of guidelines and definitive goals for my work.
Unorganized, low pay job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Paducah, KYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, vacation days
Cons: expensive healthcare, short handed, no option for raise or advancement
A typical day at work consists of me, being the only person managing the warehouse. There are supposed to be more than 2 people in this position but they wont hire anyone to help, therefore its all left up to me. I have learned that the bosses say they cannot afford to give raises, therefore I have been hired in for 4 years without option for one, or advancement. My co-workers are very hard working, but the turnover for employees is very high, so they dont stay very long. The hardest part of the job is having to try to keep up as short handed as we are, but I always manage for the most part.
productive fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee), Holland, OHNovember 5, 2014
Ashley Furniture is a fun up beat place to work. Co-worker are always having fun and making the best of things. Management is always having contest to keep things interesting.

1 2 3 4 5