Ashley Furniture HomeStore

Ashley Furniture HomeStore Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't recommend, many other better jobs out there
Porter (Former Employee), edmonton ABFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: fairly easy
Cons: low pay, no real advancement, disorganized head office
I was a porter at ashley. In the interview I was told I'd be in charge of moving furniture in and out of the showroom and preparing furniture for pick ups by customers or our distribution centre. The person who hired me turned to be a very nervous wreck and always thought I wasn't working hard enough or always slacking even though she was the one who had me help her all day. She even walked into the men's bathroom after I was in there for a few minutes to check if I was just hanging out or something. I was going to the bathroom!! My job turned out to be more of a janitor with some shipping and receiving. It was up to me to keep the store clean. They wouldn't pay for professional cleaners. The guys who delivered the furniture were unbelievably unprofessional. One day the driver and his helper almost got into a fist fight while on another day, one guy asked if I wanted to smoke pot with him after work. DO NOT work as a porter. Your just treated like scum. You are a slave to all the sales people. It may be good as a sales person but don't even bother with any kind of warehouse job.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2014
Pros: there are good benefits for the employees.
During my tenure at Ashley Furniture, I can say that I enjoyed working in the homestore because my co associates are helping me during my training. They gave me enough training needs as Customer Service Representative. I got a good starting hourly rate and would give me an increase 3 months after.

Overall, it was a great opportunity to career at Ashley Furniture.
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Delivery Driver / Warehouse (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: little room for advancement
A typical day at work would either take place in the warehouse or delivery truck. Involves moving furniture in and out of people's homes, bedroom + office setups, and dealing with customers.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: training, wage and friendly environment
Cons: weekends
I have worked for a few other major furniture chains in Medicine Hat. I must say I was really surprised by what Ashley Furniture had to offer when I interviewed with them, it sounded too good to be true as the salary was 50% higher then the last place I worked. They told me I would get tons of training and they weren't kidding. I wasn't just thrown on the sales floor to fail and be forgotten about. Even a couple of months after starting, the management team stayed supportive and training was on going. There was always an incentive above the regular commissions and the incentives were actually obtainable. Commissions were higher than average with no profit sharing where the company takes a portion so that was nice. Benefits were top notch as well and any reimbursement took days to get back not months. The Sales Manager was so friendly and always there to help. She really promotes a team environment and is fair with everyone no favorites. I would go back in a heart beat if I could get weekends off.
Best furniture store out there!
Sales Profesional (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: training, wage and friendly environment
Cons: weekends
Poor management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 17, 2012
Management does not follow protocol as per their policy manual which affects employees performance in a negative way. IE: weekly Performance Improvement Meetings are not done and subsequently employees are not aware of their shortcomings or accomplishments and fail to progress as expected.
A hard working and career oriented individual
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: team spirit
Cons: long hours, culture, salary/benefits, advancement
My typical day at work is an 9 hours shift with no or minimal break.
It is a great company to work with.