Ashland

Ashland Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2014
Great Place to work. The company's culture is excellent. I Got to travel to places that I would never had visited otherwise. I learned a great deal in my role with Ashland Inc. They value employee development.
Great people
Third Party Administrator (Former Employee), Boonton, NJDecember 19, 2013
Days started early and ended late. Totally loved my job and what I did daily, Enjoyed interaction with my many co-workers.
Management was extremely secretive and was not forthcoming in visions and goals and tight with pay raises, Advancement was almost non-existent with minority groups pretty much locked out. attitude towards women could have been much – more... better than it was. Expected to be 110% accurate at all times. Achievements were rarely acknowledges and mistakes used to keep promotions and pay increases at a minimum. – less
good learning experience
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 21, 2013
Pros: incentives/bonuses when available
Cons: insurance affordalbility
I was able to gain experience at Ashland. It was a great learning opportunity, now looking forward to gaining employment with a stable company. Coworkers and management worked well together.
Fast paced work enviroment
Quality Control technician (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WINovember 8, 2013
Pros: yearly bonuses
Cons: 2008 fulough
Working along with 6 plant personnel testing batches was frequent and the entire day. I was so suffiecient so management was hardly necessary. All of my co-workers were very helpful if I became overwhelmed. If small batches were needed to be made at times that would interfere with QC testing so some days could be rough.
I really liked the amount of – more... work coming my way. The day would go by extremely fast and also it taught me alot about multi tasking. – less
challenge and force
Currently, Account Manager (Current Employee), JordanNovember 6, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: i didn't learn any information in water treatment from my management.
- I do sales and services.
- reporting and delivering documents.
- communication with our teams.
- learn about management.
- learn about accounting and finance.
- giving water treatment courses for our clients.
Good job but very long commute (80 miles one way)
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee), Port Neches, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great salary
Cons: very long commute
Supply Chain Management, Supply chain systems; SAP, Sales Force, TMS (Transport Management System), Production and Forecast. I oversee dispatch, deliveries, billing, and pricing.
fun and productive experience
Technical Sales Intern (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 16, 2013
great management and great coworkers. The most enjoyable part was to learn about customer/provider relationships.
Very good company to work for.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 9, 2013
Good paying job. Hard working people and good sense of teamwork. Management was easy to get along with and very approachable. Unable to keep my job here due to cut backs within the company,
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee), lexingtonJuly 30, 2013
My manager is a person who organizes and coordinates the activities of the rest of the staff. In this day and age, an ideal manager should be decent, honest, friendly and a patient person. He must take risks to be successful.
Great place to work.
Site supervisor (Former Employee), Elkton, MDJuly 22, 2013
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: the plant shut down
Great place to work would still be there if the Elkton site was not shut down and demolished.
Geart company with multi benefits
Quality Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Roseland, NJJune 21, 2013
A day at my current job requires great focus and energy with high demands form customer and colleagues. It is a very competitive environment with great work and ethical standards. I have learned to sharpen my organizational skills to become more productive. My co-workers have a very good team spirit. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with exceeding – more... external and internal customer demands. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the understanding of my colleagues, and the reward from a job well-done. – less
Great co-workers and management
Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 17, 2013
Overall a great place to work. The co-workers were friendly and helpful, as was the management. There was diversity in the day-to-day activities, and you had the freedom to get the job done your way.
Enjoyable and Inovative
Account Manager (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAMay 30, 2013
I enjoyed getting up every morning and heading to different accounts. Your supported by management and the people in the equipment group. The product chemistry was first rate.
large organization with hard working people
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 29, 2013
people are some what close minded and slow to adapt to change
Great place to work.
Finance & Accounting (Former Employee), USAMarch 19, 2013
Great place to work, good benefits and salary. Developed many skills that will be useful for my career.
Large corporation with great work ethics
Contributions Coordinator (Former Employee), Ashland, KYMarch 19, 2013
Great work benefits
Family type friendships
Did record keeping
Organized fundraising
Good entry level position
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2013
Great place to work while looking for something better. Reqular hours, decent training. No overtime. Small Teams.
Tax Analyst - Tax Compliance (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 16, 2012
Great empoyer to build skill set. Ability to try different roles within company
Get experience here and get out
Process Operator (Current Employee), Neches, TXDecember 14, 2012
Pros: young men can come get experience and move on to better plants in area
Cons: evrything: from the culture to woking conditions
This facility has been around since the second World War. What's interesting is that it probably has the same culture and work mentality of that time. Management is very hardore, heavy handed, work conditions and environment are bad, and because of such high employee turnover, people who are left are MADE to work every off day until they say otherwise. – more... what can i say; a labor camp disguised as a workplace. – less
Compensated well, training was mediocre, management issues
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2012
Checked equipment daily, did testing to ensure chemistries were at proper dosages, talked to customers about projects/goals/how we could help, management has room for improvement, and company resources stretched thin.