Ashford University

Ashford University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Experience
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2015
The work culture is amazing and the management takes a genuine interest in the success of the admissions counselors. I would have continued to work there had I not relocated.
Hard work and rewarding
Admissions Enrollment Councilor (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
Pros: hard but rewardig work
A typical day was calling prospective students to enroll in an online university. The task of enrolling prospective students was difficult because many of the people who were trying to enroll in college didn't have personal computers or telephones. It was rewarding because I knew that I could be changing a persons life for the better.
Pay was great
Military University Adviser/Military Department (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: stressful
A typical day at Ashford consisted of constant monitoring from your supervisor regarding the numbers of students an adviser enrolled. Employees were constantly on the verge of getting fired which made the job very stressful. The position was not as what I expected it to be, it was primarily strictly an all sales position with lots of lead calling and not much of advising. Not a typical college. The most enjoyable part of the job was truly the pay.
Gtreat for working from home!
Online Math Instructor (Current Employee), onlineMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 5 week long classes, professional development, support their faculty
Cons: low pay, unsteady employment
This is a great place to work. They are clear on their expectations of their instructors and there are a lot of professional development opportunities.
Productive and Fun
Admission Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2015
Awesome culture and good leadership. I recommend bring your game each day, high pace could be a tad stressful but overall a fun place to work
Social and fun workplace
Student Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2015
Even though the workload never ended, my coworkers made the job worthwhile. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unrealistic deadlines and well as spontaneous lay offs. Those two things made for a stressful work environment. The most enjoyable part was the community feeling at Ashford. It a social and friendly environment that it difficult to come by in most positions today.
Job Culture and Adancements
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2015
Poor company to work for due to the practices and guidelines. Its not a fit for everyone and they discriminate against individuals as a whole.
Fun place to work
Student Activities Department (Current Employee), Clinton, IAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility, great co-workers and student connection
Cons: upper management from california
I've enjoyed my years working on Ashford's Campus. The students and co-workers make everything worthwhile. I've seen numerous changes on campus since working there. Ashford allows staff the opportunity to get involved in the community by attending professional development seminars and conferences to better develop their staff.
Good work environment
Faculty (Current Employee), Clinton, IowaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: some amazing colleagues and students
Cons: the workload is unequally distributed
A bit top-heavy. The chairs' workload is pretty crushing, but there are some amazingly dedicated professors and staff who always keep the students' success front and center.
Weight Room Athletic Assistant
Athletic Assistant (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: networking, fitness, experience
Cons: boring
I managed weight room flow, checking students in and out of the facility. I cleaned equipment as well as facilities according to company standards. Finally, I monitored use of the facility to ensure all equipment and facilities were properly used. This job was not the most entertaining job because most of the time I just sat there and watched tv during the hours where no one was coming in to workout. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know people from my school and networking.
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 25, 2014
Pros: rewarding, high morale, paid holidays, long lunch
Cons: repetitive, long days
Great company to work for. Job can be very challenging and repetitive, but very rewarding. Great compensation and benefit packages
I loved working for Ashford
Adjunct Writing Instructor (TA) (Former Employee), Clinton, IADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: no advance notice when laying off
Ashford was really fun to work for. I loved the interaction between scheduling, administration and peers. Courses were 5 weeks long, and it was fun to work with students. I had he privilege of working for the school as a TA Instructor for three years. Then the school went through a restructuring, and changed to all adjunct jobs, laying off ALL of their TA Instructors. I would work for Ashford anytime. They are an excellent school that cares about their students, and their staff.
great skills
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2014
I obtained a great amount of skillset here; communication, group work, individual deadlines, marketing, team buildings, leadership etc. The managers that I had and my coworkers were wonderful people with big hearts and a lot of passion. I thrive on learning new things, and in being with this organization for 3 years now, I have really got to learn things that I would not have gotten the chance to.
Productive workplace with positive energy
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Helping students change their lives; having a productive day by counseling student and helping them discover what their dreams are and how to move forward with their educational goals.
Great option to work from home
Associate Faculty (Online) (Current Employee), RemoteDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits
The hardest part is insuring I have catered to the varied learning styles present in the classroom. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students reach their full potential.
Great work environment
Assistant Professor in the College of Business (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2014
My role was a remote professor, and even though the majority of faculty had never met face to face, the University made us feel like we were part of a team.
Great place to learn
Student (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
This institution is very involved with their students education. Flexible schedule and advancement oppurtunities.
For-Profit College striving to excel
Video Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 2, 2014
Worked from 9-5, M-F. Typical day included brainstorming, scheduling appointments with other employees, and editing footage.
Higher Education Administrator
Matriculations Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: community involvement, structure, organized, hands on work, indeoendent, team inspiration.
Cons: stability
Ashford University was a great opportunity. I learned a lot while working their for 2 and a half years. I started out as an Admissions Representative and was promoted to a Matriculation Coordinator. As Admission Coordinator I enrolled 20 students a month into classes, used marketing tactics to recruit students for the university, performed presentation to incoming students and parents providing pertinent information regarding the university, provided counseling to students through first three classes, advised students on various financial options such as Financial Aid and walked students through FAFSA process, worked independently and in a team, provided positive morale to fellow coworkers and incoming students to have a "can do" attitude.

As a Matriculation Coordinator I was Responsible for requesting transcripts, Verify High School’s Accreditation, FERPA qualifying, enroll students in high volume and time sensitive manner, register students two and four year curriculum, National Clearinghouse approved, contact students with holds financial and academic holds, Calculate transfer credits, Transfer matching courses into Ashford database, and file confidential and time sensitive documents using paperless filing system.

I learned a lot about the process of enrolling students and keeping organized records. Management worked well with me and did their best to help me maximize my talents while I was there. I enjoyed speaking with new people daily and helping students reach their goals and aspirations.
Things are getting better
Career Service Specialist/CEA Certified (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, fun when things are good
Cons: lay offs every 5 to six months. not performance based money based
For a for profit organizations Ashford has poor job security. Management is good and they are trying change the culture of the organization but with lay offs every 6 month its hard to be estabilished in such a unsecured working environment. How can one give there all if they have no security of whats to come the next day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ashford University

You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. – Read more