Ashford University

Ashford University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with positive energy
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Helping students change their lives; having a productive day by counseling student and helping them discover what their dreams are and how to move forward with their educational goals.
Great option to work from home
Associate Faculty (Online) (Current Employee), RemoteDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits
The hardest part is insuring I have catered to the varied learning styles present in the classroom. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students reach their full potential.
Great work environment
Assistant Professor in the College of Business (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2014
My role was a remote professor, and even though the majority of faculty had never met face to face, the University made us feel like we were part of a team.
Great place to learn
Student (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
This institution is very involved with their students education. Flexible schedule and advancement oppurtunities.
For-Profit College striving to excel
Video Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 2, 2014
Worked from 9-5, M-F. Typical day included brainstorming, scheduling appointments with other employees, and editing footage.
Higher Education Administrator
Matriculations Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: community involvement, structure, organized, hands on work, indeoendent, team inspiration.
Cons: stability
Ashford University was a great opportunity. I learned a lot while working their for 2 and a half years. I started out as an Admissions Representative and was promoted to a Matriculation Coordinator. As Admission Coordinator I enrolled 20 students a month into classes, used marketing tactics to recruit students for the university, performed presentation – more... to incoming students and parents providing pertinent information regarding the university, provided counseling to students through first three classes, advised students on various financial options such as Financial Aid and walked students through FAFSA process, worked independently and in a team, provided positive morale to fellow coworkers and incoming students to have a "can do" attitude.

As a Matriculation Coordinator I was Responsible for requesting transcripts, Verify High School’s Accreditation, FERPA qualifying, enroll students in high volume and time sensitive manner, register students two and four year curriculum, National Clearinghouse approved, contact students with holds financial and academic holds, Calculate transfer credits, Transfer matching courses into Ashford database, and file confidential and time sensitive documents using paperless filing system.

I learned a lot about the process of enrolling students and keeping organized records. Management worked well with me and did their best to help me maximize my talents while I was there. I enjoyed speaking with new people daily and helping students reach their goals and aspirations. – less
Things are getting better
Career Service Specialist/CEA Certified (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, fun when things are good
Cons: lay offs every 5 to six months. not performance based money based
For a for profit organizations Ashford has poor job security. Management is good and they are trying change the culture of the organization but with lay offs every 6 month its hard to be estabilished in such a unsecured working environment. How can one give there all if they have no security of whats to come the next day.
Rewarding Educational Experience
Virtual Student MBA Information Systems (Current Employee), Clinton, IANovember 12, 2014
Pros: great foundation for professional career building.
Cons: requires a lot of dedication and self discipline.
Online courses run 6 weeks, each week progresses through course material several focused topics each week. Postings interact with instructor and fellow students, tests and assignments are submitted each week for grading. Very rewarding and educational experience.
Very good review
Online Mathematics Professor (Current Employee), Clinton, IANovember 5, 2014
Great review. Great school! I teach mathematics as I am an online math professor.
no longer in business
Tuition Assistance Counselor (Former Employee), davenport iaOctober 30, 2014
no longer in business. the boss was a terrible man, like the fact of owning his own business, but didn't know how to run a business.
Productive, and fun place to work when you aren't stressing
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: changing lives and helping people achieve thier goals
• Identifying and Qualifying Prospective Students
• Handles all office equipment
• Maximize opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with the intent to qualify prospective students regarding the admissions process and program offerings consistent with the University's academic catalogs and/or University websites
 – more... Develop and adhere to an effective call strategy that includes communicating effective messages to potential students either through oral or written communications. This call strategy may be long term based on student circumstances and needs
• Schedule and conduct admissions interviews
• Identify and address concerns of prospective students
• Has the ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population in order to ensure an overall positive back-to-school experience – less
Good
Director, Financial Aid/Policy and Compliance (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good programs
Cons: management
Good employees and instructors. nice facilities. good job placement,
Changing
Lead Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 21, 2014
Your role is short lived. Just like life itself your time is short
Telephone Sales?Recruiting
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Clinton, IAOctober 19, 2014
This was a telephone sales/recruiting job where I sourced qualified potential students and guided them through the enrollment process to the end of their first class.
AWESOME PEOPLE TO WORK WITH
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2014
Learned to collaborate with others in order to accomplish team goals.
The environment was constantly changing,preventing us from getting accustomed to the same everyday.
Teaching Online
Associate Faculty (Current Employee), OnlineOctober 8, 2014
I like Ashford, they really do not hassle you if you do what is required. They have students who want to learn and are efficiently run.
cold calling prospective students
Lead Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denver ColoardoOctober 1, 2014
talking prospective students into getting their bachelor's degree
Great people and innovative environment
Student Records Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: change for the better
Cons: budgetary restrictions
I love my current role. I manage up to 9 people and have the opportunity to help them grow and advance. I work with my team to evaluate current process and update to be more efficient and provide better customer service. Every day is a challenge and full of excitement in a culture of change and innovation.
Student Activities Representative
Military Student Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2014
Planned and organized events for students, staff, faculty, and community for Alliant International University from 2003 to 2007.
Terrible company
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2014
This company had a similar feel to what a cattle call must be like. The management team could care less about it's employees and uses them to harass potential students. When you are brought on as an enrollment advisor you are told you will be "changing peoples lives" when you are in face destroying many of them. They target the poorest areas of the – more... U.S and ask students to sign up for student loans they may never be able to pay back. They are told to sign up for degree programs that will never hold up when applying for jobs or trying to transfer to other colleges.

Simply google this company and you can see what a scam it really is. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Ashford University

You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. – Read more