Ashford University

Ashford University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Student Activities Department (Current Employee), Clinton, IAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexibility, great co-workers and student connection
Cons: upper management from california
I've enjoyed my years working on Ashford's Campus. The students and co-workers make everything worthwhile. I've seen numerous changes on campus since working there. Ashford allows staff the opportunity to get involved in the community by attending professional development seminars and conferences to better develop their staff.
Good work environment
Faculty (Current Employee), Clinton, IowaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: some amazing colleagues and students
Cons: the workload is unequally distributed
A bit top-heavy. The chairs' workload is pretty crushing, but there are some amazingly dedicated professors and staff who always keep the students' success front and center.
Weight Room Athletic Assistant
Athletic Assistant (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: networking, fitness, experience
Cons: boring
I managed weight room flow, checking students in and out of the facility. I cleaned equipment as well as facilities according to company standards. Finally, I monitored use of the facility to ensure all equipment and facilities were properly used. This job was not the most entertaining job because most of the time I just sat there and watched tv during the hours where no one was coming in to workout. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know people from my school and networking.
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 25, 2014
Pros: rewarding, high morale, paid holidays, long lunch
Cons: repetitive, long days
Great company to work for. Job can be very challenging and repetitive, but very rewarding. Great compensation and benefit packages
I loved working for Ashford
Adjunct Writing Instructor (TA) (Former Employee), Clinton, IADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: no advance notice when laying off
Ashford was really fun to work for. I loved the interaction between scheduling, administration and peers. Courses were 5 weeks long, and it was fun to work with students. I had he privilege of working for the school as a TA Instructor for three years. Then the school went through a restructuring, and changed to all adjunct jobs, laying off ALL of their TA Instructors. I would work for Ashford anytime. They are an excellent school that cares about their students, and their staff.
great skills
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2014
I obtained a great amount of skillset here; communication, group work, individual deadlines, marketing, team buildings, leadership etc. The managers that I had and my coworkers were wonderful people with big hearts and a lot of passion. I thrive on learning new things, and in being with this organization for 3 years now, I have really got to learn things that I would not have gotten the chance to.
Productive workplace with positive energy
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 10, 2014
Helping students change their lives; having a productive day by counseling student and helping them discover what their dreams are and how to move forward with their educational goals.
Great option to work from home
Associate Faculty (Online) (Current Employee), RemoteDecember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits
The hardest part is insuring I have catered to the varied learning styles present in the classroom. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students reach their full potential.
Great work environment
Assistant Professor in the College of Business (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2014
My role was a remote professor, and even though the majority of faculty had never met face to face, the University made us feel like we were part of a team.
Great place to learn
Student (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 3, 2014
This institution is very involved with their students education. Flexible schedule and advancement oppurtunities.
For-Profit College striving to excel
Video Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 2, 2014
Worked from 9-5, M-F. Typical day included brainstorming, scheduling appointments with other employees, and editing footage.
Higher Education Administrator
Matriculations Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: community involvement, structure, organized, hands on work, indeoendent, team inspiration.
Cons: stability
Ashford University was a great opportunity. I learned a lot while working their for 2 and a half years. I started out as an Admissions Representative and was promoted to a Matriculation Coordinator. As Admission Coordinator I enrolled 20 students a month into classes, used marketing tactics to recruit students for the university, performed presentation to incoming students and parents providing pertinent information regarding the university, provided counseling to students through first three classes, advised students on various financial options such as Financial Aid and walked students through FAFSA process, worked independently and in a team, provided positive morale to fellow coworkers and incoming students to have a "can do" attitude.

As a Matriculation Coordinator I was Responsible for requesting transcripts, Verify High School’s Accreditation, FERPA qualifying, enroll students in high volume and time sensitive manner, register students two and four year curriculum, National Clearinghouse approved, contact students with holds financial and academic holds, Calculate transfer credits, Transfer matching courses into Ashford database, and file confidential and time sensitive documents using paperless filing system.

I learned a lot about the process of enrolling students and keeping organized records. Management worked well with me and did their best to help me maximize my talents while I was there. I enjoyed speaking with new people daily and helping students reach their goals and aspirations.
Things are getting better
Career Service Specialist/CEA Certified (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, fun when things are good
Cons: lay offs every 5 to six months. not performance based money based
For a for profit organizations Ashford has poor job security. Management is good and they are trying change the culture of the organization but with lay offs every 6 month its hard to be estabilished in such a unsecured working environment. How can one give there all if they have no security of whats to come the next day.
Rewarding Educational Experience
Virtual Student MBA Information Systems (Current Employee), Clinton, IANovember 12, 2014
Pros: great foundation for professional career building.
Cons: requires a lot of dedication and self discipline.
Online courses run 6 weeks, each week progresses through course material several focused topics each week. Postings interact with instructor and fellow students, tests and assignments are submitted each week for grading. Very rewarding and educational experience.
Very good review
Online Mathematics Professor (Current Employee), Clinton, IANovember 5, 2014
Great review. Great school! I teach mathematics as I am an online math professor.
no longer in business
Tuition Assistance Counselor (Former Employee), davenport iaOctober 30, 2014
no longer in business. the boss was a terrible man, like the fact of owning his own business, but didn't know how to run a business.
Productive, and fun place to work when you aren't stressing
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: changing lives and helping people achieve thier goals
• Identifying and Qualifying Prospective Students
• Handles all office equipment
• Maximize opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with the intent to qualify prospective students regarding the admissions process and program offerings consistent with the University's academic catalogs and/or University websites
• Develop and adhere to an effective call strategy that includes communicating effective messages to potential students either through oral or written communications. This call strategy may be long term based on student circumstances and needs
• Schedule and conduct admissions interviews
• Identify and address concerns of prospective students
• Has the ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population in order to ensure an overall positive back-to-school experience
Good
Director, Financial Aid/Policy and Compliance (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good programs
Cons: management
Good employees and instructors. nice facilities. good job placement,
Changing
Lead Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), San DiegoOctober 21, 2014
Your role is short lived. Just like life itself your time is short
Telephone Sales?Recruiting
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee), Clinton, IAOctober 19, 2014
This was a telephone sales/recruiting job where I sourced qualified potential students and guided them through the enrollment process to the end of their first class.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ashford University

You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. – Read more