Ashcroft Homes is seeking an Accountant to work under the Assistant Controller. This position’s main responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of financial statements, including preparation of year-end adjusting entries and following up on unusual variances. There is a high volume of financial statements to be prepared.
- Overseeing income taxes, including reviewing and filing all documents from CRA and the external tax accountants, ensuring that taxes are paid promptly and reconciling tax-related GL accounts
- Making monthly entries for cost of goods sold
- Providing reports requested by other departments
- Assisting the Assistant Controller with other duties, which may include the following
- Reviewing HST returns
- Updating budgets for active construction projects
- Preparing cheque requisitions for certain non-recurring transactions
- Calculating commercial tenants’ share of operating costs
- Reviewing condo fee reconciliations
- Performing profitability analyses
- Working on projects to find efficiency opportunities and improve company documentation
We are looking for a candidate with the following traits:
- Can work independently and stay on top of his/her workload
- Highly reliable
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting principles and basic tax principles
- Degree in accounting or significant relevant work experience
- Ability to think outside the box and propose improvements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with macros would be an asset.
- Self-motivated, eager to contribute and looking for challenges
- Good oral and written communication skills
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter by September 15, 2013.