Ashbury College is seeking a Head of Junior School French. This full time position involves Grades 4-8 French teaching and sports instruction/coaching to grades 7&8. This position also includes responsibilities for department duties, home room and extra-curricular duties. Coaching, operating French Clubs and French Trips are also requirements of this position.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and articulate teacher who has a history of involvement and who believes and thrives in a busy learning community. Communication and reporting on students to parents and the Junior School teaching team are key responsibilities of this position. Candidates should be up-to-date on current learning theories, technology as a teaching and learning tools and be involved in education beyond the classroom.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Ontario Teacher Certification
- Degree in French or relevant qualification in French
- Experience teaching, coaching or operating clubs in the Junior/Intermediate division
- Evidence of teaching that has been enhanced by technology
- History of Sports involvement
- Assets for this position would be native French with a strong background in second language methodology and pedagogy, work experience in the Independent School environment, class E driver’s license, and Smartboard technology
If you are interested in joining the Junior School team and playing an integral role in developing exemplary teaching practices for leadership and character building experiences for students, please forward your résumé and cover letter, to Brian Storosko, Head of Junior School, Ashbury College, 362 Mariposa Ave., Ottawa, ON K1M 0T3.
This appointment is effective from September 2013. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. For more information about our school, please visit our website at: www.ashbury.ca
The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received.
Candidates should note that, in the event an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, the school reserves the right to make an appointment and to bring the search to a close. For this reason it is important that interested candidates apply without delay.
We thank you for your interest in Ashbury College. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.