Arvato Employee Reviews

Perfect Work Place
CSR (Customer Service Representative) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2018
Very supportive co-workers and supervisors
Fun place to work
Very motivating and healthy work environment
Though too much work but very light burden
Supervisors and Coaching groups are THE BEST
Pros
Too much hours and good money
Favoritism
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON16 December 2017
Management doesn't know what they're doing. Giving us extra work, while not increasing our pay.

Additionally, management has their own favourites that they will push upwards as much as they can, until they reach their desired position while others that work just as hard, or even more get no credit whatsoever.

Use this company as a stepping stone if you can, else they will use YOU as one, and dump you somewhere in the back, no matter how hard you try, if management doesn't like you, you're not going to go up.

Terrible experience with Arvato.
Pros
There used to be pizza every week, not anymore
Cons
Management is terrible. Pay is even worse considering the amount of work we have to do
opportunities for growth
Retail Contact Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 October 2017
this is a new venue so it's growing fast and the facilities are still new and there are so many managerial and supervisory positions available to employees.
Pros
free pizza, potlucks
Cons
non-flexibility of work hours
A place to start and move on as quickly as possible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 September 2017
A lot of your experience with Arvato will depend on which line of business you are hired on to. If you are hired on to Ally, use it as a step to get another job as the management structure is reminiscent of a high school club rather than a professional place of business. I have heard other departments are better but have no direct experience.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
The management plays favourites which works well if you are a favourite.
lots of people don't stay there long because of working conditions
Ally Bank (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2017
While I enjoyed my job assisting customers with their banking needs
and customers said they found me knowledgeable and able to assist them it was Arvato employees who made the job difficult and unwilling to work with employees to lessen a stressful environment for simple needs. Did not find the job difficult. My first supervisor and I had no difficulties and quality coaches gave me 95-100 scores. Enjoyed helping customers
Pros
paycheck is all it offers in the way of pros
Cons
shift bids, personal gratification, astringent policies/procedures
learning different jobs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 July 2017
When I worked there they were eager to teach you many different jobs so that you were able to help other divisions. I have been gone for many years. It was fun learning how to take a phone apart and putting it back again.
Pros
special lunches were given
Cons
If you worked different divisions you got different hours
customer srvice rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 June 2017
excellent management and trainers
excellent advancement opportunities
fun laid back environment
understanding management
laid back clothing/uniform
the scheduling team in a smoothly oiled machine
Pros
paid lunches
Fun and Productive workplace with Foosball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 March 2017
Trainers like to set you up for success. Training material can be rough at times, but you will get through it. Amazing opportunity for customer service professionals. Hands on approach to training.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 September 2016
Overall good place to work. Staff and management are great. Was able to move up in the company and become a supervisor. Only down side is parking
Pros
Travel
Cons
Working weekends and parking
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
Typical day at work was really good.
I have learn that you cannot take anything for granted.
Management and the union is not for any of my co-workers
my co-workers were all great
the hardest part of my job was that the company kept changing on what to say on the phone to the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to speak different people.
Routine Call Center Job with Minimum Wadges
Customer Service Representative for Expedia.ca (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2016
A typical day at work was routine.

learned how to resolve technical issues

Management was okay.

Calling customers who were sometimes rough in communications.

Co-Workers were great.
Pros
Sometimes Pizza was ordered
Cons
Typical Call Center Enviornment
Worst place
Training/Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 July 2016
I worked there for 3 years with little to no raises. Advancement only applies to those who suck up to management even when they have little to no experience in their promoted positions. If you are someone that likes to go to work and do go above and beyond and expect proper respect and pay for your hard work then this is not the place for you!
Pros
On a bus route
not recommended
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
completely unorganized, higher ups have favorites and the schedule is not equally distributed. Overall I would not go back to working for Arvato
Fast pace and productive.
Xbox Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 July 2016
Very good company to work with. Everyone is understanding and kind and are willing to help you when is needed.
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 June 2016
worked here and did 4 different campaigns. enjoyed the challenges that the call center is known for. management and training staff were awesome.
Pros
on bus route
Cons
no parking
Fun place
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
Coach tenured and new employees. Trained new hires and walk them through the call flow steps. Take calls to sharpen skills once a month.
Pros
Lunch times.
Cons
Pay
My opinion of this position
sales and billing for within United States (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 April 2016
It was a nice place where I work with Spanish speaking customers located within United State. It was a lot of fun working for them, Latin people, love talking and gossiping.

I learned customer care, how to deal with customers, and how to resolve their issues in a timely and professional manners.

I won almost all sales and retention competitions, I bought my first car with a wonderful price I won from Microsoft
Pros
Lots of competitions and prices
Cons
They lost contracts with customers abroad
Do not apply
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2016
Literally the worst job I've ever had.
Management and supervisors don't get paid enough to make them care about their jobs.
This job sucks the life out of you. You sit at a desk, being harped at by supervisors who use passive aggressive fear tactics to make people feel like they're about to be fired.

Terrible hours. Staff are unwilling to be flexible. "some weekends" means all.

Seriously. Avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Worst. Job. Ever.
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 March 2016
As a customer service agent, I got to deal with different kinds of people. However, I was able to handle all situations in a professional way. I never had any problems with management or any of my core workers. I enjoyed resolving my client's problems and de-escalating calls. Not being able to de-escalate at times was the hardest part because I did not enjoy sending irate customers over to my manager, but there were some situations where I had to escalate.
Pros
incentives
Cons
job insecurity
Productive and work friendly environment
Customer Service Representative/operations team (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2016
I have been working as a Customer Service Representative at Arvato. This workplace has provided me the opportunity to improve my communication skills with people who come from all walks of life. The workplace is very easily accessible from any location in Kitchener. Work friendly environment, the managers and supervisors work extensively hard to make sure you work had enough and gain experience as a professional.
Pros
Extra paid work hours available
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvato. Our community is ready to answer.