Arvato Employee Reviews

Worst place
Training/Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 July 2016
I worked there for 3 years with little to no raises. Advancement only applies to those who suck up to management even when they have little to no experience in their promoted positions. If you are someone that likes to go to work and do go above and beyond and expect proper respect and pay for your hard work then this is not the place for you!
Pros
On a bus route
Cons
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
Typical day at work was really good.
I have learn that you cannot take anything for granted.
Management and the union is not for any of my co-workers
my co-workers were all great
the hardest part of my job was that the company kept changing on what to say on the phone to the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to speak different people.
Good Job for the right person
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 March 2016
The job is great for people who can handle stressful environments. Benefits are given after 6 Months. Great people to work with.
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
stressful
I learned that stress can literally kill you
Business Licensing Consultant for Microsoft (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 November 2015
Poor management for the most part (some supervisors and managers were awesome people). Valid and constructive criticisms never heard or taken seriously, extremely poor communication between Arvato and the client I was working for, no room for advancement and no raises.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Streesful environment
Personal Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2016
dealing with customers that really had no business having an online bank account because they had no clue how to navigate the web browser or do simple functions like an email check to reset passwords.

Coworkers were great and made the day more interesting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad shifts
Do not apply
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2016
Literally the worst job I've ever had.
Management and supervisors don't get paid enough to make them care about their jobs.
This job sucks the life out of you. You sit at a desk, being harped at by supervisors who use passive aggressive fear tactics to make people feel like they're about to be fired.

Terrible hours. Staff are unwilling to be flexible. "some weekends" means all.

Seriously. Avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
WORST. JOB. EVER.
Good environment to work, Good Management.
Microsoft X-box technical support Agent-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  5900 finch ave E Toronto,ON5 March 2015
As a technical customer support agent I was assisting customers with technical issues with their Microsoft products. When I was promoted to a lead hand and then promoted again to lead hand supervisor my duties included assisting 40 agents and 7-9 lead hand.
I've learned that if you want to succeed or move up at a workplace your current job has to be mastered. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful, we have achieved many goals together working a team. The hardest part was when the company had decided to outsource the contract to other countries. The most I enjoyable part of the job was when we resolve customers issues you get a feeling you have succeeded in your goal.
Pros
Pool table
Cons
low salary
Productive and work friendly environment
Customer Service Representative/operations team (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2016
I have been working as a Customer Service Representative at Arvato. This workplace has provided me the opportunity to improve my communication skills with people who come from all walks of life. The workplace is very easily accessible from any location in Kitchener. Work friendly environment, the managers and supervisors work extensively hard to make sure you work had enough and gain experience as a professional.
Pros
Extra paid work hours available
Cons
Long Hours
Not Bad For A Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 October 2013
The work itself isn't too bad for a call centre environment. Team leads and quality assurance members are willing to help and coach to promote performance improvement. Supervisors are generally approachable.

Due to constant outsourcing, it's nearly impossible to move up in the company. Experience in one line of business will not necessarily be considered when transferring to another.
Pros
Pizza days when working mandatory holiday shifts.
Cons
Constant pressure to work all holidays, pay raises are rare.
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 June 2016
worked here and did 4 different campaigns. enjoyed the challenges that the call center is known for. management and training staff were awesome.
Pros
on bus route
Cons
no parking
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 March 2016
As a customer service agent, I got to deal with different kinds of people. However, I was able to handle all situations in a professional way. I never had any problems with management or any of my core workers. I enjoyed resolving my client's problems and de-escalating calls. Not being able to de-escalate at times was the hardest part because I did not enjoy sending irate customers over to my manager, but there were some situations where I had to escalate.
Pros
incentives
Cons
job insecurity
Awesome Job
CSR/Tier 2 Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 July 2015
-held biggest account for Microsoft (Xbox 360)
-took escalated calls for the RRT department
-able to play halo tournaments on lunches and breaks
-able to travel to Mexico for work
-good benefits
-management would have used some work
Pros
free video games
Cons
low pay
My opinion of this position
sales and billing for within United States (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 April 2016
It was a nice place where I work with Spanish speaking customers located within United State. It was a lot of fun working for them, Latin people, love talking and gossiping.

I learned customer care, how to deal with customers, and how to resolve their issues in a timely and professional manners.

I won almost all sales and retention competitions, I bought my first car with a wonderful price I won from Microsoft
Pros
Lots of competitions and prices
Cons
They lost contracts with customers abroad
not recommended
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
completely unorganized, higher ups have favorites and the schedule is not equally distributed. Overall I would not go back to working for Arvato
Fast pace and productive.
Xbox Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 July 2016
Very good company to work with. Everyone is understanding and kind and are willing to help you when is needed.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 April 2013
A typical day depends on what account you work for.

You may have to work Sat and Sunday to start, but may get on of them off later (depends on account)

Age range of employees can be from 17 - over 60.

You sometimes have to deal with people yelling or cursing at you over the phone.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
may have to work afternoons and weekends
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis tableStrong conflict resolution and problem solving skills; able to diffuse potentially volati
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1800 Finch Ave East4 February 2016
Responded to calls from customers, provided them with details on the services and increased business
 Assisted customers to navigate company websites get comfortable to purchase products or service on line at their convenience
 Successfully diffused angry customers by using patience and excellent listening skills
 Trained and directed customers on various computer programs such as Vision 21 Mosaic, Customer Application Program and Sabre application
 Displayed excellent interpersonal and communications skills when handling transferred call
Arvato is fun and learning workplace,
Call Centre Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario29 September 2014
Arvato was a Fun workplace, busy at all times, lots of challengs and opportunity to grow withing the company. Salary is not the best but good benefits, liked it is multiracial and multicultural environment.
pleasant to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  kitchener30 April 2014
worked 8 hour days call centre management was great, so were my co workers hardest part of the job was selling product to customers pleasant place to work
Pros
had benefits
Cons
working till midnight
Great co-workers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 January 2016
The most enjoyable part was the different people you got to work with but unfortunately there were down sides. I worked the night shift and the night shift premium was not worth the hassle of the job. Many creepy people would call in at nights and as a woman I felt uncomfortable with many calls I received. We wouldn't be able to hangup on anyone as long as they were still bringing their inquiries back to business. I did get the unfortunate chance to speak to a gentleman who would touch himself while on the phone but technically he would be talking about business so I wouldn't be allowed to disconnect. The pay in general for the agents isn't worth the work environment you have to deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvato. Our community is ready to answer.