Arvato Employee Reviews

A place to start and move on as quickly as possible.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 September 2017
A lot of your experience with Arvato will depend on which line of business you are hired on to. If you are hired on to Ally, use it as a step to get another job as the management structure is reminiscent of a high school club rather than a professional place of business. I have heard other departments are better but have no direct experience.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
The management plays favourites which works well if you are a favourite.
lots of people don't stay there long because of working conditions
Ally Bank (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2017
While I enjoyed my job assisting customers with their banking needs
and customers said they found me knowledgeable and able to assist them it was Arvato employees who made the job difficult and unwilling to work with employees to lessen a stressful environment for simple needs. Did not find the job difficult. My first supervisor and I had no difficulties and quality coaches gave me 95-100 scores. Enjoyed helping customers
Pros
paycheck is all it offers in the way of pros
Cons
shift bids, personal gratification, astringent policies/procedures
customer srvice rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 June 2017
excellent management and trainers
excellent advancement opportunities
fun laid back environment
understanding management
laid back clothing/uniform
the scheduling team in a smoothly oiled machine
Pros
paid lunches
Fun and Productive workplace with Foosball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 March 2017
Trainers like to set you up for success. Training material can be rough at times, but you will get through it. Amazing opportunity for customer service professionals. Hands on approach to training.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 September 2016
Overall good place to work. Staff and management are great. Was able to move up in the company and become a supervisor. Only down side is parking
Pros
Travel
Cons
Working weekends and parking
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2016
Typical day at work was really good.
I have learn that you cannot take anything for granted.
Management and the union is not for any of my co-workers
my co-workers were all great
the hardest part of my job was that the company kept changing on what to say on the phone to the customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to speak different people.
Routine Call Center Job with Minimum Wadges
Customer Service Representative for Expedia.ca (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 August 2016
A typical day at work was routine.

learned how to resolve technical issues

Management was okay.

Calling customers who were sometimes rough in communications.

Co-Workers were great.
Pros
Sometimes Pizza was ordered
Cons
Typical Call Center Enviornment
Worst place
Training/Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 July 2016
I worked there for 3 years with little to no raises. Advancement only applies to those who suck up to management even when they have little to no experience in their promoted positions. If you are someone that likes to go to work and do go above and beyond and expect proper respect and pay for your hard work then this is not the place for you!
Pros
On a bus route
not recommended
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
completely unorganized, higher ups have favorites and the schedule is not equally distributed. Overall I would not go back to working for Arvato
Fast pace and productive.
Xbox Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 July 2016
Very good company to work with. Everyone is understanding and kind and are willing to help you when is needed.
call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 June 2016
worked here and did 4 different campaigns. enjoyed the challenges that the call center is known for. management and training staff were awesome.
Pros
on bus route
Cons
no parking
Fun place
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 May 2016
Coach tenured and new employees. Trained new hires and walk them through the call flow steps. Take calls to sharpen skills once a month.
Pros
Lunch times.
Cons
Pay
My opinion of this position
sales and billing for within United States (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 April 2016
It was a nice place where I work with Spanish speaking customers located within United State. It was a lot of fun working for them, Latin people, love talking and gossiping.

I learned customer care, how to deal with customers, and how to resolve their issues in a timely and professional manners.

I won almost all sales and retention competitions, I bought my first car with a wonderful price I won from Microsoft
Pros
Lots of competitions and prices
Cons
They lost contracts with customers abroad
Do not apply
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2016
Literally the worst job I've ever had.
Management and supervisors don't get paid enough to make them care about their jobs.
This job sucks the life out of you. You sit at a desk, being harped at by supervisors who use passive aggressive fear tactics to make people feel like they're about to be fired.

Terrible hours. Staff are unwilling to be flexible. "some weekends" means all.

Seriously. Avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Worst. Job. Ever.
Exciting place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 March 2016
As a customer service agent, I got to deal with different kinds of people. However, I was able to handle all situations in a professional way. I never had any problems with management or any of my core workers. I enjoyed resolving my client's problems and de-escalating calls. Not being able to de-escalate at times was the hardest part because I did not enjoy sending irate customers over to my manager, but there were some situations where I had to escalate.
Pros
incentives
Cons
job insecurity
Productive and work friendly environment
Customer Service Representative/operations team (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 March 2016
I have been working as a Customer Service Representative at Arvato. This workplace has provided me the opportunity to improve my communication skills with people who come from all walks of life. The workplace is very easily accessible from any location in Kitchener. Work friendly environment, the managers and supervisors work extensively hard to make sure you work had enough and gain experience as a professional.
Pros
Extra paid work hours available
Cons
Long Hours
Good Job for the right person
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 March 2016
The job is great for people who can handle stressful environments. Benefits are given after 6 Months. Great people to work with.
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
stressful
Example: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis tableStrong conflict resolution and problem solving skills; able to diffuse potentially volati
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1800 Finch Ave East4 February 2016
Responded to calls from customers, provided them with details on the services and increased business
 Assisted customers to navigate company websites get comfortable to purchase products or service on line at their convenience
 Successfully diffused angry customers by using patience and excellent listening skills
 Trained and directed customers on various computer programs such as Vision 21 Mosaic, Customer Application Program and Sabre application
 Displayed excellent interpersonal and communications skills when handling transferred call
Streesful environment
Personal Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2016
dealing with customers that really had no business having an online bank account because they had no clue how to navigate the web browser or do simple functions like an email check to reset passwords.

Coworkers were great and made the day more interesting.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad shifts
Great co-workers
CSR (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 January 2016
The most enjoyable part was the different people you got to work with but unfortunately there were down sides. I worked the night shift and the night shift premium was not worth the hassle of the job. Many creepy people would call in at nights and as a woman I felt uncomfortable with many calls I received. We wouldn't be able to hangup on anyone as long as they were still bringing their inquiries back to business. I did get the unfortunate chance to speak to a gentleman who would touch himself while on the phone but technically he would be talking about business so I wouldn't be allowed to disconnect. The pay in general for the agents isn't worth the work environment you have to deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arvato. Our community is ready to answer.