arvato SCM Ireland Limited

arvato SCM Ireland Limited Employee Reviews

Good Place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 22, 2015
I had fun working at Arvato digital services. A typical day for me was to go in and answer various calls from customers and solve their problems. After a successful call I would try to sell them additional products and services. Sometimes there were issues I couldn't handle and I would then pass them to the right department to get their issue fixed.

My supervisors and co workers were awesome to work with. I would love to work with many of them again.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good bonuses, good prizes for in-house draws
Cons
Sometimes huge call volumes
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 18, 2014
Arvato was not the greatest paying job. Good things about this company were the open windows for advancement, management truly cared about its employees and the fact that I got to go to Manila to train new staff.
pleasant to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  kitchenerApril 30, 2014
worked 8 hour days call centre management was great, so were my co workers hardest part of the job was selling product to customers pleasant place to work
Pros
had benefits
Cons
working till midnight
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2012
typical day at work: answer members inquiries regarding reward reservations, modifications, cancellations. availablitity. I learned that it was something I never thought I would be good at. Management was ok, however there was no incentive, no recognition of job well done or amount of work processed. Co-workers were great, assisted co-workers with letters, questions. Hardest part of the job, was telling members there was no availability for reward travel on their specified days. The most enjoyable part of the job, when you could find the availability.
Pros
luch provided on stat holidays
Cons
not being recognized for work processed.
A very productive and fun place to work in, great managers and supervisors
Customer Services Representative, Ally Bank (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 22, 2012
A typical day at work is always very busy,
I learnt how to treat each clients on the phone like a King, consciously rendering a 5 star service at all times.
The Management is great, having been an open door policy place

Co workers are great and warm

The hardest part of the job is not being able to resolve a client issue at a phone conversation because of a changed policy or fluctuating interest rate affecting the yield to maturity on the bond.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking on the phone and resolving issues daily.
Pros
there is room for growth
Cons
nothing that i know of
Reasonable work place but not the greatest management .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 17, 2012
Sit at your desk and take calls concerning the xbox 360 hardware, software, and billing
I learned how to deal with all sorts of people and just about the xbox its self
The management where not to concerned with the employees and had trouble keeping track of hours
My co-workers where wonderful to work with although this job was more of an individual environment
The job was not difficult at all but I would say putting up with the management
Helping the customers and being recognized for being good at what i did
Pros
my co-workers and the steady hours
Cons
management
Fun job doing different jobs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 26, 2015
I filled in for people giving them breaks as the production line never stopped so it was my job to know all the jobs in the plant
exciting, talking about travel
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 8, 2013
making reservation with miles, update files, making retro actives adjustment for miles, translation.
I learn more about my Geography , places like Madagascar in Africa
The Management was awesome always ready to help and was understanding when personal issue arise
no problem with my coworker i got along with all
the Amadeus program was hard for the eyes black screen and green letters and numbers all day
talking about traveling with the customer while looking for availability
Pros
awesome environment to work in, mostly positive customer
Cons
distance, and cost of parking
Wonderful place to work
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 6, 2014
Great employees and management. It is a wonderful place to work in.
Pros
free lunch
Quality Coach (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 11, 2015
Learnt a lot while working with Arvato. Started as a Customer rep and was promoted to quality coach. Management value your time and effort. Loved going to Kitchener Downtown for work.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Parking
arvato review - ally bank
Customer Advocate and Chequing Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  kitchener, ontarioDecember 23, 2013
ally bank pays arvato to train and maintain a workforce. but the budgets are separate, and it costs more to train a new person than retain an existing employee. so arvato actively tries to release as many employees as possible to ensure their training budget remains high. sounds crazy, but it makes them alot of money. other than the fact that you may be actively targeted for dismissal its a very solid call centre with very easy metrics (call time, customer satisfaction, etc). the other main problem is the 'shift bid' system, it may take you a long time to change your shifts and you may not get the shift you want. so you might get stuck on overnights. i'll also mention there are no incentive plans, so you're making your base wage regardless of performance (theoretically there are incentives but the rankings are 'confidential' so you have no way of proving you're the best, you must take the managers word for it that the incentives issued (to their girlfriend) was 'earned' because she is the best 'employee'.)
Pros
no metrics
Cons
poor management, no bonuses, poor shift selection
Customer Service Rep.
Microsoft Store - Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Revolving door. People come and go. Poor salary. Management changes as well.
Stable hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2015
At arvato i always had stable hours easy to trade shifts
paid breaks and benefits depending on campaign
build good customer service skills
Productive and fast spaced environment
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  scarborough, onMay 18, 2012
Call centre with large volume of calls
Trained in Sabre airline technology, Certified as TICO certified travel consultant and provided training on call management.
Management is encouraging and provided feedback on performance
Co-workers are friendly and positive attitude
I enjoy work in fast spaced environment and manage to do multitasking
motivated by successful completion of an escalation
Arvato is fun and learning workplace,
Call Centre Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
Arvato was a Fun workplace, busy at all times, lots of challengs and opportunity to grow withing the company. Salary is not the best but good benefits, liked it is multiracial and multicultural environment.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 21, 2013
A typical day depends on what account you work for.

You may have to work Sat and Sunday to start, but may get on of them off later (depends on account)

Age range of employees can be from 17 - over 60.

You sometimes have to deal with people yelling or cursing at you over the phone.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
may have to work afternoons and weekends
Terrible Company
CSR (Former Employee) –  KitchenerAugust 14, 2013
Arvato is a terrible company to be a customer service rep for.

-they will throw their CSRs under the bus to maintain business or appease clients
-terrible pay for the work, responsibility, and level of stress involved
-no employee morale
-ridiculous security policies (no cell phones on the floor, no internet access, no bags or coats at your desk)
-even though the workplace is filthy, no food or drink at your desk
-operates at 24/7 with no employee parking spaces
-training does not in any way prepare you for the position itself
-out-dated computers and systems are always crashing

the ONLY thing there is to like about this job are the people you meet.
Pros
the people
Cons
everything else
Support ALly bank US Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 13, 2012
Learned alot about the banking system in the US,I was always questioned when I was off sick and they lied when I gave letter from surgeon.
Training was never up to par
Pros
open door policy
Cons
management never listened to complaints
Great learning experience and training as well
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OntarioJanuary 7, 2013
I was only there for 8 weeks, but I really enjoyed the work environment. Everyone was friendly and it was a very relaxed. Management was great, they answered any questions I had and explained the answers in a way I could understand.
Learned quiet a new deal of how microsoft works with its customers in relation to technological changes it offers for them
Client Services Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 18, 2013
Worked With Microsoft projects as an IT technical Support analyst for customers using windows 8 professional, trouble shoot and helped train new employees within arvato on knowing how to troubleshoot problems and queries customers face of windows 8 on daily basis. helped place orders for windows 8 and assisted customers in payments, refunds, shippment procedure and provided them information on system requirements and technology that Microsoft windows 8 and the new Microsoft surface tablet had to offer them
Pros
good experience in customer service technical support
Cons
very few breaks

arvato SCM Ireland Limited Reviews by Location