arvato digital services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Personal notes from one office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 7, 2015
Cons: Predefined script of one fits all.
Rather poor review for small reasons that added to compound issues.
- the seating wasn't arranged, it was grab whatever is open.
- insufficient operator equipment, and in need of repair.
- unrealistic expectations for call times.
- they expected 10 min max start to finish
- the computers used took >5 min to load each of many pages.
- they still expected 100% customer satisfaction
- they aren't open to assisting customers with software other than
windows. And refer same to load windows, then call back.

- employee is not allowed to use own personal headset.
- employee is penalized for attempting to think outside the box for
trouble shooting issues to find correct answer.
- billing & repair crossover calls not allowed, but every agent dual
trained.
- one issue per call, in under 10 minutes.
Learn something new everyday. Talk to people from all walks of life.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioMay 15, 2012
Pros: a pleasant place to work. with good co-workers.
Cons: tied to the phone, sometimes having to work at night or weekends.
Arrive at least 15 minutes early. Set up my desk and my programs. Always learning something new and interesting mostly from our customers.
The management's door is always open for us and the manager and supervisors are approchable. They work hard too.
My co-workers are friendly and helpful. We assist each other when it is required.
The hardest or I'll, say most stressful, part of the job is when the customer requires assistance immediately, but you can't help them becarse the operations department is closed.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is when you have satisfied the customer.
A very productive and fun place to work in, great managers and supervisors
Customer Services Representative, Ally Bank (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: there is room for growth
Cons: nothing that i know of
A typical day at work is always very busy,
I learnt how to treat each clients on the phone like a King, consciously rendering a 5 star service at all times.
The Management is great, having been an open door policy place

Co workers are great and warm

The hardest part of the job is not being able to resolve a client issue at a phone conversation because of a changed policy or fluctuating interest rate affecting the yield to maturity on the bond.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking on the phone and resolving issues daily.
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2012
Pros: luch provided on stat holidays
Cons: not being recognized for work processed.
typical day at work: answer members inquiries regarding reward reservations, modifications, cancellations. availablitity. I learned that it was something I never thought I would be good at. Management was ok, however there was no incentive, no recognition of job well done or amount of work processed. Co-workers were great, assisted co-workers with letters, questions. Hardest part of the job, was telling members there was no availability for reward travel on their specified days. The most enjoyable part of the job, when you could find the availability.
Good Place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, good bonuses, good prizes for in-house draws
Cons: Sometimes huge call volumes
I had fun working at Arvato digital services. A typical day for me was to go in and answer various calls from customers and solve their problems. After a successful call I would try to sell them additional products and services. Sometimes there were issues I couldn't handle and I would then pass them to the right department to get their issue fixed.

My supervisors and co workers were awesome to work with. I would love to work with many of them again.
multicultural environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 17, 2012
Pros: you can trade/switch shifts with co-workers
Cons: you can be sent home in the middle of shift if it's not busy
Busy fast paced, where one can learn how to multitask verbaly...answer several calls in diferent languages but always writing notes on mbr's profile in English.
The co-workers are the most enjoyable part of the job and the worst is that employees can be switched to a different department any time and any day without previous notice
Fun workplace with nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: understanding management, friendly co-workers, easy job.
Cons: pay is low, advancement opportunities aren't frequent/motivating, more of a job than a career.
Fun workplace with alot of nice people to work with and management is very understanding and helpful. would be a great stepping stone for people entering the workforce. if wages/ advancement opportunities were better it would be a perfect workplace.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Scarborough ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Location, people, manager and HR
Cons: business moving offshore
This place offered me the opportunity to expend and develop my skills to becoming and effective leader and operations manager. My manager took the time to teach, groom and help me on my path to success. With the diverse group of employees and the account we were supporting the atmosphere and work load became manageable because you were always supported.
I learned that stress can literally kill you
Business Licensing Consultant for Microsoft (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Everything else
Poor management for the most part (some supervisors and managers were awesome people). Valid and constructive criticisms never heard or taken seriously, extremely poor communication between Arvato and the client I was working for, no room for advancement and no raises.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: may have to work afternoons and weekends
A typical day depends on what account you work for.

You may have to work Sat and Sunday to start, but may get on of them off later (depends on account)

Age range of employees can be from 17 - over 60.

You sometimes have to deal with people yelling or cursing at you over the phone.
Professional, fast pace, changing environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 24, 2013
Pros: flexiblity to grow
Cons: long hours
There was an open door policy. Learned to adjust very quickly, as structural information can change on a weekly bases.
Lively, multicultrual co workers.Developed a skill and knowlege on how to deal with each culture and each varieties of personalities
Great place to work if you are driven to succeed.
German Sales and Group Manager (Former Employee), KitchenerMarch 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers and pay
Cons: frequently changing shifts
The work was great, the people were great, however the standards are high and need to be maintained in order for continuation in the workplace. If able, this job can be a rewarding one to motivate as well as help you grow.
Productive and Update on latest Technology
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 23, 2012
Working atmosphere in Arvato is really awesome, I really enjoy myself whenever I enter in office, which give me positive energy. Apart from these working staff is very cooperative which really useful in company productivity for team work.
Support ALly bank US Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 13, 2012
Pros: open door policy
Cons: management never listened to complaints
Learned alot about the banking system in the US,I was always questioned when I was off sick and they lied when I gave letter from surgeon.
Training was never up to par
Awesome Job
CSR/Tier 2 Supervisor (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free video games
Cons: low pay
-held biggest account for Microsoft (Xbox 360)
-took escalated calls for the RRT department
-able to play halo tournaments on lunches and breaks
-able to travel to Mexico for work
-good benefits
-management would have used some work
This company was alright
X-Box Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 15, 2012
Pros: they kept you wanting to come to work
Cons: they did not understand when you were sick
When I was at Arvato I had a good experience other then when I got sick. I worked for Microsoft through them and they kept me wanting to come to work every day
Not a long term means of employment
NA (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 2, 2013
Cons: mostly everything
This Company is like a revolving door, countless people have come and gone in a matter of a few years, pay is meager by any means and the clients arnt all together, if you decide to have this as your employer, be cautious
customer service
23920.00 (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2014
People here were great. supervisors and management were
good to work with. Flexibility of shifts. Booking time off was
easy.
Customer service was good. Dealing with people from all over
the US. Learned alot about the financial aspects of the US
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 18, 2014
Arvato was not the greatest paying job. Good things about this company were the open windows for advancement, management truly cared about its employees and the fact that I got to go to Manila to train new staff.
Inbound Microsoft Technician
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: pool table
Cons: longs hours sitting
Answering calls regarding Microsoft's xbox360 technical support. Entering customer information in database. Making service orders and troubleshooting.