Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression.
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways - developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our client's needs.
Our Toronto office, located at 2 Bloor St. East, Toronto ON M4W 1A8, is seeking a Structural Engineer to support our offshore, infrastructure, and buildings projects. The hired candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of engineers, job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide critical structural leadership for the design-build delivery of projects.
- Infrastructure design which includes transportation, bridges, subway stations, and tunnels.
- Design structural elements.
- Prepare and review drawings detailing the systems designed.
- Design calculations.
- Report writing.
- Author technical design guidance.
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Project and team administration duties.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Work on defined tasks under minimal supervision.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of structural engineering fundamentals.
- 5-7 years of experience. Niche expertise in infrastructure and design-build projects.
- Seismic and soil structure-interaction design experience
- Experience in the design of new bridges
- Prior experience, understanding of the process and knowledge of the project priorities are critical/necessary
- Fluent in Danish, German or similar language skills is preferable
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Location, Compensation & Benefits:
2 Bloor St. East. Toronto; $70-80K, depending on experience; Competitive benefits plan, RRSP and additional perks!
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV directly through Indeed.ca to the attention of:
Navpreet Bassi, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer