At Arup, we are committed to bringing innovative and efficient solutions to global energy challenges. Our innovations in self-installing platforms and substructures have simplified construction of offshore facilities while simultaneously reducing cost and excess waste. Our holistic approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup is currently looking for a Senior CAD Designer to be a part of our highly skilled multidisciplinary team. This position will contribute to the design of a self-installing Concrete Gravity Substructure (CGS) in the sub-arctic conditions of St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. This is an exciting and challenging project offering excellent career development opportunities.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising the development of standard drawing details for structural concrete and mechanical steel disciplines.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Project CAD Designers and Operators .
- Using MicroStation software to produce 2D and 3D drawings according to and documentation according to standards for infrastructure projects, specifically bridges.
- Use Bentley Structural to produce 3D models.
- Desire and ability to manage people, workload and processes to assist in our CAD standards development, support of the tools we use for both drafting crew and engineers, and help manage CAD workflow planning.
- Strong communication and planning skills are a must.
- Must demonstrate ability to see project through to completion.
- Prior supervisory experience desirable.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other design and draft personnel and is responsible for neatness and accuracy of work.
- When necessary, coordinates work with other discipline groups on projects; preparing technical proposals and presentations.
Qualified professionals will have:
- A minimum 10 years of MicroStation and or AutoCAD computer design program experience.
- Must possess sound knowledge of engineering principals and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience working on large offshore or civil/structural energy and infrastructure projects
- Experience working on civil structure projects, including concrete reinforcement and steel detailing.
- Have sound knowledge of engineering principles.
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Interest to work in the Newfoundland, Canada.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer.