Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Montreal office is looking for a Project Controls Specialist to contribute to work on a variety of exciting highway, roadway, rail, site development and other infrastructure projects across Quebec. The hired candidate will join a dynamic and motivated team working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment.
The focus of this role is to provide strong project controls support to project managers, directors and business administrators. In particular in the areas of:
- Financial management of projects
- General commercial support on projects
- Bid support
- Training of staff in financial and commercial management of projects
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting Project Managers in implementation of project specific cost control processes to ensure project profitability and other commercial goals are met;
- Bid and project budget estimation, resource planning, contract review and assessment;
- Contributing to and organizing input for bid reviews;
- Utilizing financial systems to review, monitor and analyze financial performance, project costs and other performance parameters, assist in determining corrective actions to address poor financial performance;
- Tracking actuals against budgets, conduct variance analyses, carry out reporting of project financials and respond to queries from project teams and company executives on performance issues;
- Updating project forecasts on a regular basis to ensure current and accurate reporting of project performance;
- Assisting in monitoring scope changes; maintaining change and risk registers, issuing fee proposals and managing contract change orders;
- Overseeing collection, collation and review of timesheets of project team members;
- Carrying out Earned Value reporting and cash flow forecasting and monitoring;
- Overseeing preparation and issuing of monthly client invoices and monitor accounts receivable;
- Contract administration including assisting in checking compliance with contract requirements, preparing various monthly client reports and deal with any project specific insurance requirements;
- Sub-contractor management including assisting with commercial management of sub-contractors, preparing agreements, tracking costs, and reviewing invoices and payments;
- Carrying out project financial close out and assist with client and sub consultants feedback and audits;
- Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO and OHSAS requirements
- Involvement in the development and implementation of project management improvement programmes
- Other relevant duties as required
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the design or construction industry;
- Fully bilingual – French & English
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively and manage deadlines; highly organized;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working;
- Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients;
- A proactive attitude and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities under own initiative;
- Experience in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, cost tracking;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, data manipulation and spreadsheet design to communicate results; Experience in PowerPoint for report preparation desirable and experience in project scheduling software
- Strong communication skills essential for team-based working, client/public presentations and written output.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals and attention to detail.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard