Graduate Mechanical Engineer Positions available in 2014
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, you will learn and apply the following:
- Load analyses for the purposes of system sizing
- Air side and water side calculations for designing building systems
- Report writing: writing summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
- Giving structure to your own ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
- Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion
- Working with people from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Coursework in HVAC design or heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Internship experience in engineering-related firm
- Proven interest in the built-environment
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT/ FE certification
- Membership in ASHRAE or ASME
- Course in sustainability, Energy/thermal modeling skills, AutoCAD drafting skills
- Internship with HVAC emphasis
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
To apply, please visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=887330&PartnerId=25435&SiteId=5540
Please note: Only applications sent via the link above will be accepted, please DO NOT apply via Indeed
Graduates become an essential part of the delivery team. In addition, we would provide you with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and career mobility options.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.