Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways - developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Toronto. This is a challenging role and the successful candidate will have a proven track record of participating in and delivering large and complex building electrical systems designs.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Working under nominal supervision taking responsibility for the design and construction administration of definable parts of assigned projects
- Designing electrical systems predominantly for commercial, transportation and institutional projects including power distribution systems, lighting, fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
- Conducting power system calculations including short circuit analysis, voltage drop calculations and photometric calculations
- Preparing Technical Specifications
- Participating in client design and construction meetings
- Coordinating with non-electrical disciplines such as mechanical, structural and civil
P.Eng license is preferred
Qualified professionals will have:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering with a sound knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to building systems.
2. At least 4 to 6 years of relevant experience.
3. Knowledge of Ontario Electrical safety code and Ontario building code
4. Strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and show initiative
5. Strong qualities in written, verbal, and presentation communication with colleagues and clients of all levels.
6. Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
7. Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenge and grow their career
8. May be required to visit job sites during construction so should be able to climb ladders etc.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.