The Company: Healthcare touches everyone. To satisfy the need for better, more effective medical services, AIM develops intelligent software for medical research, patient care and disease prevention. It is a complex, dynamic and highly scientific domain. At AIM, you’ll find a creative and challenging working environment that balances professional and personal lifestyles. We look for people who are self-learners, analytical and able to understand and synthesize new concepts quickly. Moreover, we look for people who are passionate, creative, disciplined, and able to communicate clearly and logically while working in a diverse team environment.
AIM is located in downtown Toronto, between the St. Lawrence Market and the Distillery district, and is easily accessible by automobile, bicycle and public transit. Our offices, in historic Berkeley Castle, feature post & beam and brick construction, natural lighting, a courtyard, walls clad with ivy, green spaces and plenty of amenities within walking distance. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and it is a favorite Toronto filming location, so you might run into some celebrities on occasion.
The Challenge: Effective communication through websites..
Responsibilities: Maintaining a corporate online presence is critical to businesses operations. So, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our and our clients’ websites and digital assets. This includes integrating websites with plug-ins, security functions and third party tools, updating content, executing digital advertising campaigns and monitoring activity.
- Proficiency in programming in JSP, Java Script, Java using JSON, XML, XSL, CSS, etc.
- Experience in developing sites for multiple browsers and desktop, tablet and mobile platforms
- Experience in implementing and using a CMS such as Dot-CMS, Magnolia, OpenCMS, Wordpress, etc.
- Experience in integrating plug-ins (Google, Yahoo, etc.)
- Experience with secure coding techniques and the use of OWASP ESAPI
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL, MS-SQL or Oracle is an asset
- Proficiency with graphics tools such as photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc. is an asset.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field
- Two years experience in web design
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
The Application: If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest and salary expectations to Elaine Cooke. To learn more about AIM, visit our website at www.aim.ca.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE